Embarrassing wrist marks

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
SpreadInBed1

Embarrassing wrist marks

Post by SpreadInBed1 »

I use a combination of belts and zip ties. Other than some temporary row of blisters, I sometime experience a line that do not fade. My boss has asked and joked about them. Any idea as to how to get rid of them?
Attachments
20230902_230451.png
20230902_230451.png (117.28 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
bound_jenny

Re: Embarrassing wrist marks

Post by bound_jenny »

It's more of a question of prevention instead of cure.

Those look like zip tie bruising (in CSI speak, ligature marks). Marks like those fade naturally over time, sometimes days or even more than a week. That's the way the body fixes itself - it takes time for the natural healing process to happen. Some people's bodies need more time than others, and some people are more sensitive to bruising.

Try putting something between the zip tie (which has hard edges!) and your skin, like a wrist band, and avoid tightening them snugly so that they don't cause pressure on the skin and thus prevents bruising to some extent.

For covering them up, try skin-toned makeup.

Or wear them as a badge of honor. :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Drink lots of water. Water lubricates the skin, makes it faster to heal.
Also, ensure that you get enough sleep, as the body heals the fastest when asleep and barely not when awake.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

As Jenny notes, zip ties have nasty edges, and of course can snug up really tights. I find they can be domesticated somnewhat by buying plastic tube large enough to thread the zip ties through. Cut lengths that will go around your wrists, thread the ties through and do them up - the tube will both protect you from the edges, and prevent the ties from tightening too much.

To join wrists together, use separate ties (with tubes) for each wrist, the join them together with a third tie, which doesn't need a tube and can be as tight as you like.

Oh, and always cut the ties with side (diagonal) cutters; scissors are really tricky to use, and using a knife is a love letter to opened arteries, or worse ... don't ask me how I found that out.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Zip-ties are a method of self-bondage that have a high risk of lasting marks. I agree with the others that prevention is the best approach for the marks. The sharp edges, small surface area (very skinny width), and tendency to tighten up too much make them worse than steel handcuffs. This makes them unacceptable on my skin and I found something else for me.

If you want to stay with zip-ties, please get a good quality pair of dikes (common name for diagonal cutters) around 8-9 inch long. They are necessary to cut the better quality zip-ties. Instead of using regular ones, find some wider ones about 1/2” (12mm) wide. Either industrial supply stores or law-enforcement vendors will have them. The industrial ones are especially tough to cut even with 6-7 inch cutters. Be sure to confirm that you can cut them off your wrist before tying both wrists together.

If you want an inexpensive skin cover to go between the zip-tie and your wrists, take a pair of socks (preferably cotton) and open up the toe end. If you make a smaller hole near the new hole for your thumb, they will fit better and won’t slide up your arm.

Hope you find a way to do the bondage you want without the marks.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!