Is there a Safe way to do suspensions?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
SelfBsolo

Is there a Safe way to do suspensions?

Post by SelfBsolo »

If i have suspension cuffs
Would there be a sade way to do suspension selfbondage?
Antons have images on a situp?
Last edited by SelfBsolo on 26 Jul 2023, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Is there a Sage way to do suspensions?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Wow, that's a heck of a question. Short answer is unfortunately, no. That kind of work requires an expert rope rigger and constant feedback between sub and dom(me) as it is so easy to exert too much pressure in 1 area and cut off circulation. I have heard of movie stunts where the players went to the hospital because of after effects of suspension.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
SelfBsolo

Re: Is there a Safe way to do suspensions?

Post by SelfBsolo »

As much as a suspension, tormented and used for someones needs might be a Hugo fantasy, i would never do a suspension if it was 0.01 risk in it. This is just a fantasy but i had to Ask.
It Will Stay my bigest fantasy, and dream!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

SelfBsolo wrote:Would there be a safe way to do suspension selfbondage?
:arrow: Uh... no.

It's unbelievable how often this question comes up. :facepalm:

Suspension bondage must only be practiced with a partner to keep an eye on you and ensure that nothing goes wrong. Maybe to call 911 in case there's an accident (which you won't be able to do if you're alone and you lie there with a fractured skull :shock: ).

Solo suspension is a huge mistake. Don't even try.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Gravity is one hell of a force to mess with. If you want to mess with it learn rigging, take up mountain climbing or go live in outerspace.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Konsba

Post by Konsba »

bound_jenny wrote:Maybe to call 911 in case there's an accident (which you won't be able to do if you're alone and you lie there with a fractured skull :shock: ).
Ugh, that reminds me of a decidedly not fun accident of mine. I was in my favorite predicament self-bondage setup where I had to alternate between not-quite standing up (legs not allowed to fully extend) and kneeling with hands behind my back being pulled high in a strappado. And one time, when I was fully leaning into the strappado, something suddenly gave up and I crashed head first into the floor. Luckily I was conscious and able to free myself immediately, but it was a wake-up call not to toy with suspension. And the big bruise on my forehead was fun to explain later...
lj

Post by lj »

I have taken the decision to lock this thread.

One of the difficult parts of being a Moderator is to keep threads within the chosen limits of the site - avoiding censorship whilst preserving our aim of promoting safe enjoyment of our kinks. When something appears on the web, it acquires an authority "this person has done xxxxx, written about it, so it must be OK to try it"

There is NO way to do safe solo suspension. You may have a way that lowers the risk, but the risk will still stay very high, just like vacuum beds. Deaths have resulted from both, with "experienced" players. We don't want you added to the list.
be a switch, double the fun :-)