Computer search privacy Windows 10

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Shannon SteelSlave

Computer search privacy Windows 10

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

When browsing a drive, how can I stop my computer (Windows 10) from suggesting searches, like those in the drag down box in white?
Capture.JPG
Also, are there any other buttons or features I should disable, such as Recently Opened Files? Any of my unmentionables are stored on a password protected drive, and will not appear when those words are searched (kink, rope, cuffs). But the fact that the words can be suggested is worrisome. It is hard to remember to clear the search directory each time.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Lotharjulz

Re: Computer search privacy Windows 10

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

I use multiple user accounts to segregate my activity.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:When browsing a drive, how can I stop my computer (Windows 10) from suggesting searches?
I found this. So maybe you can clean them by removing the cookies at regular times.
Or do this for your browser.
For a drive in Windows 10 you can try this, but I'm not sure if it will work.
Take a back-up before you do it, because working in the Registry can be dangerous if you do something wrong.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

If you use the Pro version of Windows 10 or 11 and a decent amount of memory like at least 8-16GB you can run another copy of Windows in a virtual machine by using Hyper-V. If you use a different login and don't connect to your normal email or file sharing that's like having a completely different identity on an independent computer inside the physical one, with no visibility from outside unless you log into it. This makes it pretty much impossible for anyone else with access to the PC to see what you do in the virtual machine and much less likely that mistakes will happen like forgetting to clear browsing history or saving something in the wrong place.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

If you click the search bar, and wait for the popup to show up, if you then hover one of the items, there should appear an x at the right, which you can use to delete that search item.

These are stored in the registry too, but unless you are very comfortable making changes to the registry, I would advice against it.

Tested and this works in Windows 10 22H2
Attachments
2023-06-12 18_03_34-Remove search history item.png
2023-06-12 18_03_34-Remove search history item.png (3.35 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.