Quoting other peoples posts

News and announcements will be posted here.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Quoting other peoples posts

Post by curious_sb »

Hi y'all

I have no problem with quoting people, its natural and often helps people understand the context of your responses.

However, I do take exception to huge chunks of text being quoted that have no relevance to the reponse you pose, can you please - when you "quote" someone - just edit the post to cut out all the unneccessary quoted text before posting. If you are responding to several sentences within a quoted chunk, it might be better to cut out all the irrelevant stuff and keep the quotes to a mininum - but have more of them, for example:
Joe Blow wrote: yada yada yada
Yeah I agree totally
Joe Blow wrote: doughnuts, coffee, sitting in laybys with speedcameras
Yep, thats all cops seem to do these days.....
Joe Blow wrote:Once I accidentally hung myself by the ankles because I misjudged the counter weight I threw over a tree branch
hahahaa what an idiot

See how it works? it just makes it easier on the eye for other people to follow threads. I am not having a go at everyone, most of you are getting it right, theres just a few that havent quite mastered it all yet.

Cheers
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
misQui
Retired Moderator

Re: Quoting other peoples posts

Post by misQui »

curious_sb wrote:it might be better to cut out all the irrelevant stuff and keep the quotes to a mininum - but have more of them
Definitely a good idea.
curious_sb wrote:See how it works?
Yes, I think I've got the hang of it. :mrgreen:
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Yes just like that!!! 8)
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator