new subforum in LINKS: reviews

News and announcements will be posted here.
ponylady

new subforum in LINKS: reviews

Post by ponylady »

Ladies & Gents:

we have a new subforum online to add your input/experience to:

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewforum.php?f=30

please make sure to read the rules & guidelines.

have fun & add your experiences, please.
[
cdinbonds

Re: new subforum in LINKS: reviews

Post by cdinbonds »

Nice idea. I may post a couple reviews myself!

A couple comments though.

Under the Forum header, it says that this forum is invisible except to Administrators and Moderators. This may tend to keep people from trying to view it!

Most people probably won't pay attention to the "formatting rules", since it is fairly obvious that most people haven't even read the main forum rules. Is there some way that the formatting could be put in automatically, like a fill in the blanks kind of thing, but only when a new topic is started? I'm sure that would be difficult, but it would kind of force the format you want to use. (Maybe this is why you have the posts going to Administrative review?)

Finally, in the 3rd rule, you state:

"of course there are bad apples out there, and if your shopping
experience wasn't less than positive you can tell us about it here."

This is a double negative, meaning that if your experience WAS positive, tell us about it here. It should say either "was less than positive", or "wasn't positive", with the first being the more correct way. Maybe a little nitpicking, but it can be confusing. When I read it the first time I thought you were only going to allow positive reviews, which would defeat the purpose of this type of forum.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

cdinbonds wrote: This is a double negative, meaning that if your experience WAS positive, tell us about it here. It should say either "was less than positive", or "wasn't positive", with the first being the more correct way. Maybe a little nitpicking, but it can be confusing. When I read it the first time I thought you were only going to allow positive reviews, which would defeat the purpose of this type of forum.
ooops, 8 months in the worx & still something is overlooked.

thanx for the spot.
cdinbonds wrote: Under the Forum header, it says that this forum is invisible except to Administrators and Moderators. This may tend to keep people from trying to view it!
only anna can change the working title. i'm gonna tell her.
cdinbonds wrote: Most people probably won't pay attention to the "formatting rules", since it is fairly obvious that most people haven't even read the main forum rules. Is there some way that the formatting could be put in automatically, like a fill in the blanks kind of thing, but only when a new topic is started? I'm sure that would be difficult, but it would kind of force the format you want to use. (Maybe this is why you have the posts going to Administrative review?)
the mod's que is basically there to prevent blatant flaming & advertising, but yes non-formatted topics could be sent
back to the drawing board this way.

theoretically it should be possible. a custom template for topic-starts in this particular forum is neccessary.
however, i don't know if phpbb supports injecting text in advance.
[
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

cdinbonds wrote:Under the Forum header, it says that this forum is invisible except to Administrators and Moderators. This may tend to keep people from trying to view it!
Thanks, I missed that. :oops:
ponylady wrote:i'm gonna tell her.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I have been recommending some posts be made into Reviews. While I am not telling anyone what to do, please consider the value of a well reviewed item. If you had to purchase 4 or 5 brands of the same gear to find the one you like, you could save many members from wasting money, time, and the risk of having to discreetly receive multiple packages in the mail.
Reviews is a well organized board to help people find good gear and avoid poorly made items.
Posting to Reviews has a few rules I hope will not dissuade you from posting. Yes, every person here, including moderators must await the post to be approved. These are given high priority in the moderator queue. There is a template available to help post your review, but you are not required to use it, and I assure you, your post will not be rejected for that reason. It doesn't have to be a novel.
[attachment=0]4735_1200x.jpg[/attachment]
Think of it as you would write a resume. There is no right or wrong way to organize it, but that it should include the important points and be written fairly. Maybe tell us about the customer service, shipping time, discreet packaging, ect, as well as your experiences using the product. It might even give you a chance to model your gear. You may receive many thanks. These are some of the benefits I have had as a veteran poster there myself.
There are many types of items that have never been officially reviewed. Lots of land there to claim.
Attachments
4735_1200x.jpg
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: Yes, every person here, including moderators must await the post to be approved.
I was amazed that my message in reviews did not immediately come up. Now I understand.
So, look in your bondage box and write about it.