Forum closure!

News and announcements will be posted here.
anna
Site Admin

Forum closure!

Post by anna »

No panic please… :wink:
The forum will take a summer break from the end of July to the beginning of September. (This means the whole of August + some additional days.) The forum will be unavailable during this time and no reading or posting will be possible until the forum is activated again.

Thank you for your understanding.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Just curious as to WHY it is necessary to close the forum for that period? It could function OK without moderation temporarily I think.
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Yes what LoRee says actually I dont understand the need for closure either.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Nothing wrong with asking.
I will be away during this time far from any connection to the Internet. And while it would be possible to leave the forum running, I prefer not to of safety reasons. I do not want to leave the forum without administrator and safety updates for such a long time.
(This type of forum runs a really great risk of being hacked with catastrophic consequences.)

I realise that this is a bit of an inconvenience for everyone but it will be back again in September if nothing bad happens.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Well Anna, this kinda reminds me of a story from a link on Bound Anna, in which the heroine goes on a selfbondage interment. Your not thinking of going on a selfbondage burial til September are you? :shock: If so I hope your back up doesn't forget to dig you up when the time comes. :lol:

Bye-bye, so long, farewell
Bye-bye, so long

See you in September
See you when the summer's through
Here we are (bye, baby, goodbye)
Saying goodbye at the station (bye, baby, goodbye)
Summer vacation (bye, baby bye, baby)
Is taking you away (bye, baby, goodbye)

Come on everybody, sing along, you know the words!

See you in September . . . . . . well I'm not going to keep this up by myself. Have a good time Anna but remember
There is danger in the summer moon above
Will we see you in September
Or lose you to an unfortunate summer interment :mrgreen:

GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
angelinbounds

Post by angelinbounds »

the forum is closed but will the site be closed to?
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Angelinbounds: The main site will not be affected and will continue to be open as usual.

LoRee: Great song and thanks for the warning. My plans for the summer is nothing daring like that, I will be spending the summer at a friends place in Slovakia. However, your idea sounds more exiting and daring, but 30 days would probably be a tiny bit too much for my taste. :D

Everyone: Enjoy the summer and get back later with a lot of stories to share with us all. :wink:
TieMeTighter

dates ?

Post by TieMeTighter »

Hi Anna,

you will warn of exact dates before closure won't you, I'm beginning to really enjoy this forum.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

The forum will be closed down sometime during July the 30th (Central European Time.) And it will be operational again sometime during the first days of September.
deej

Post by deej »

Hi
I'm new here but i visit this forum very often.
And i have a the same forum (phpBB 2.0.21), but no BDSM.
If Anna would change in "administration panel" - "General admin Configutarion" - "Enable account activation" to Admin.
Then you only can be a new member after you ( Anna) aprove it by mail.
Only people with acces to the forum could hack the forum, so if you don't accept in that period new members, then it's safe for the forum and spammer can't acces the forum.
Remember to make back-up from your database from time to time.
Greetz Deej

Sorry for my English i'm Dutch.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Hm, that is interesting. I will have to look up that a bit more. Thanks for the advice. :)
dracae

Post by dracae »

deej wrote: Only people with acces to the forum could hack the forum, so if you don't accept in that period new members, then it's safe for the forum and spammer can't acces the forum.
Unless some new vulnerabilities are found which can be exploited by non-members, or if a computer used by members are hacked :)
selfbondagelovr

oh no dont go!

Post by selfbondagelovr »

Anna, im just begginng to really enjoy this site, just to let you know, but if you must then i must say enjoy and thank you for coming back in september...Please!!! :cry: But for real enjoy your time with your friend we only got one so live it.
dracae

Post by dracae »

Can't you just give someone who will be around, and you trust, access to the server while you are gone?
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

There are a lot of theoretical solutions to this problem but I have decided to close it down rather than risking both the forum and the main site. I promise that everything will be back in early September if nothing really catastrophic happens.
I hope you will be back to.

Now get out there and enjoy the summer and life in general. :D