The kitchen safe

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
ruru67

Re: The kitchen safe

Post by ruru67 »

mopaitai wrote:I've not tried yet but I'm sure the kitchen safe could easily be broken into. You can probably also cut or drill a hole to extract keys and then repair it later. I could not break the kitchen safe with bare hands but I might be able to break it by dropping it on a hard surface.
The easiest way into it is to pop the battery cover open, which gives access to the lip of the box. Put a table knife or other thin object between the lid and box, and twist.

On the original version of the Kitchen Safe, doing this could lever it out far enough to clear the bolt on that side allow the lid to be lifted. The newer version has longer bolts which prevents that, but levering the box outward will split the acrylic. Don't ask how I found this out.

Split it on one side of the bolt slot, then break out the rest of the top of the slot to open it.

I'm pretty sure a hammer or just stamping on it hard enough would destroy it too.
Brand X mk2

Re: The kitchen safe

Post by Brand X mk2 »

mopaitai wrote:I have what might have been an older version of the timelocksafe (metal safe with timer) and the kitchen safe.

As for the metal safe, they are fairly low security. At least the smaller models. Those on the web page all look like variations on a common theme. Similar metal safes can be bought on line, at home depot, and at Lowes.

-T

I've never seen another keypad safe that has a timer function apart from a 5 minute delay if you enter the wrong code. Maybe they only sell them in Europe? A cheap one would probably do the job for me, but so far the only one I can find is the expensive "Timelock" safe.