The Kitchen Safe

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
w0lver

The Kitchen Safe

Post by w0lver »

This looks like it might be great for locking up keys... what do you all think?

http://www.thekitchensafe.com/
bound_jenny

Re: The Kitchen Safe

Post by bound_jenny »

If my memory serves me correctly, there is already another thread dealing with this item. :idea:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

There was another thread, but at that point nobody actually had one.

I do.

It pretty much works as advertised. It's not quite perfect. The main flaw (which the manufacturer acknowledged when I pointed it out) is that the battery case lid provides access to the top of the bin, above one of the latches. This allows one to pull the side out from the lid, clear of one of the two latches and open it prematurely. If you do, there's a risk of cracking the bin.

If they do a Mk II version, they will probably fix this.

What I did to deal with this was drill a pair of holes at the back of the bin below the top, and through into the lid (be careful, the acrylic tends to splinter out as you drill through). Then I made a couple of studs with PCL (Polymorph/Instamorph) and installed them in the holes in the bin so that they engage the holes in the lid. You have to put the lid in rear first (as designed, the lid just drops into place), and the studs mean that the lid can't be lifted even if you pull the side clear of the side latch.

The battery life seems as advertised. If the batteries die or are removed, the safe remembers its last time in roughly five minute increments, i.e if you lose power at 33 minutes to go, the timer will restart at 35 minutes when the batteries are replaced.

The bin as noted is made of acrylic, nearly 5mm thick. It can be broken in an emergency.

With the fix above, I use it moderately often for locking keys. Nice toy.
w0lver

Post by w0lver »

Ruru,
Thanks for the feedback. Can you take a pic of your modification? It sounds like a great device with you changes.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

w0lver wrote:Ruru,
Thanks for the feedback. Can you take a pic of your modification? It sounds like a great device with you changes.
Here's what it looks like:
Kitchen Safe 1
Kitchen Safe 1
And with the batter case off, you can see the top of the bin. It's easy to grip it and pull it out.
Kitchen Safe 2 - battery case open
Kitchen Safe 2 - battery case open
And the modification: the PCL lugs in the back of the bin (on the right) engage the holes in the lid.
Kitchen Safe 3 - modifications
Kitchen Safe 3 - modifications
There's no mechanism or electronics near where the holes are, so no special precautions (beyond stopping the drill when you're through). Put masking tape on both sides of the bin before drilling, that will keep the drill bit from sliding around as you start, and reduce splintering. It also give you something you can mark. Put the lid on and tape it firmly into place with more masking tape. Drill the holes about half an inch / 13mm from the lip, and just inside where the curve of the bin. I used a 6mm drill bit (~ 1/4 inch).

Then form the PCL lugs into the holes. I just rolled the PCL into short rods, pushed them into the hole from the inside, and pressed them flat on the outside. ON the inside I pinched them into a cones, and used the lid itself for ensure the holes fitted correctly and the excess PCL on the inside didn't interfere with closing the lid.
Maid_Lauren

Post by Maid_Lauren »

Have to get one since I don't have the time to be bound until the ice melts. I tend to over do the nipple clamps so this will work fine. Get dressed, nipples clamped, start the timer for 15 minutes, and cuff myself.

Maid Lauren
Maid_Lauren

Post by Maid_Lauren »

I sent away for it. I wish I had it years ago when I had more free time to spend bound. Simple to use and worth the $60.

Maid Lauren
mopaitai

Post by mopaitai »

Thanks for the description. I was wondering if it was possible to pry that device open with out breaking it. Thought it might be. They currently are not shipping until summer and I wonder if it might be a re-design. A useful product because you can set it for a long time and get the keys by breaking it. You just need to want out bad enough to pay $60 for a new one.

There are two other time lock safes that I'm aware of. First are metal safes with an added timer available from Germany through e-bay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/sks-zeitschloss-tresore

I bought one of these several years ago and it has served me well. It has a clock that tracks the week day so you can schedule it to open up to 7 days in the future. You can create fairly complex schedules with it but that is not necessary for my purpose. He makes these by taking standard safes, safes that I could buy here for less, and adding his custom control panel. The panel gets wired in such that it blocks the "unlock" signal until the allowed time. I wrote to ask if he would sell me just the control panel so as I could build my own. I've not heard back yet. The timer that came with my original safe actually failed and he sent me a replacement, either for free or a small and reasonable cost. So he might be willing to sell the timers alone. I need to check back and make sure my message got through. The replacement timer has been working for years. He has built his timer into several different sized saves, thus the different costs. The least expensive one is more than enough to hold keys.

I figure that I can always get my keys by cutting a hole in the safe. It is just sheet metal and a hack saw, which I have, would take a corner off with some effort. Of course I need enough mobility to operate a hack saw but most of what I use the safe for I do have that mobility. You can increase security by bolting it into some place where you can not get to it with tools.

The second product that I know about is called captured discipline: http://captureddiscipline.com/CapturedD ... rPage.html

I don't have one of these. It too appears to be made out of a commercially available safe. In this case I think the manufacturers figured out how to re-program the micro controller that operated the keypad. That or replaced it. The video shows how to operate it. Much more complex than the German safe but it costs less. I think the box may be less secure than the german safe, and more secure than the kitchen safe. If the German fellow will not sell me a timer unit I may buy one of these - I have scenarios that require both short and long term lock up...

T
sallyann

Post by sallyann »

clicked on the main link and viewed the product, i did not see any photos of the safe with a dildo or nipple clamps inside.

It honestly looks like a kinkster product from word go.
gemt

Post by gemt »

sallyann wrote: i did not see any photos of the safe with a dildo or nipple clamps inside.

It honestly looks like a kinkster product from word go.
Well you wouldn't put the toys inside the safe... that gives a whole new meaning to self-denial! :-)
sallyann

Post by sallyann »

gemt: Thats exactly what i ment, would someone really put cookies in the container? If they did and wanted a snack they would just go to the store.

It just looks like a kinkster designed the product because the only real use i see for it is a kinky one.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Well the original white-and-clear plastic one is for keeping your kids hands out of the cookie jar. The other two are quite clearly meant to act as safes, though I'd have trouble buying a safe as cheap as 250ish dollars. At least, if I meant to use it for its standard high security storage purpose and not just a lockable chamber.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Hello,

I have one as well, and i have to say it's works perfectly,
lucily i had few days off since i go it, so i had a chance to test it.
I was literaly in handcuffs for 4 days.
always for 1-2 hour maximum since i had things to do around but till i was in the hous there was no escape.
It just perfect to lock away the keys :)
If i could have two and would have more time in the house all alone, i would lock the keys for the shackle for a good week, and would change the position of handcuffs in the morning and in the evening.
hogtie for night, and simply on front for the day so i could do everything normaly.
If anyone is hesitating on getting one, i say stop it, and get it if you can afford it.
It worths it's prize :)
And btw we can combine the good, and the fun use at the same time.
Instead of lock away what we should not use, we can just simply cuff our self to place from where we can't reach what we really should not.
Works well for me so far :)
Next time i will start on reading books again :)

That's it for now,
If anyone have any other idea on how to use the kitchen safe then go ahead, i am curious.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Did they re-design the top so that you can't get at the lip of the bin with the battery case open (per my pics above)? Or does it still have that design flaw?
Ano

Post by Ano »

ruru67 wrote:Did they re-design the top so that you can't get at the lip of the bin with the battery case open (per my pics above)? Or does it still have that design flaw?
The design there looks the same, but they mentioned that the lock it self become much more stornger.
I give you a picture of my:
Kitchen Safe v1.1
Kitchen Safe v1.1