Long term ankle shackles

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
CB Hoss

Re: Long term ankle shackles

Post by CB Hoss »

I totally agree, the feeling of metal shackles is unique, nothing can equal it. From my point of view, they're far preferable to rope, since they can be secure without having to be tight, so there's no danger of compromising circulation. Trouble is, you have to be very sure of your release (and backup release) because they're so secure. I have several different pairs of leg shackles, including one pair of wide, old-school ones that are held shut by bolts. Once the bolts are tightened with a wrench, they only come off with a wrench. It would be easy enough to flatten the end of the bolts with a hammer to make it impossible to unscrew the nuts off the bolts, meaning they'd have to be sawed off.

My favorite scene is to chain myself to something stationary, usually a large tree with a the end of the chain being frozen in a plastic bottle full of ice. The ice has to melt before the chain will come loose. The larger the bottle, the longer the time. I usually go 4-6 hours. The main chain connects to chains I I wear on my wrists, ankles and neck, all loose enough that I won't lose circulation, but all securely locked. I sit, lie back and snooze until I hear the end of the chain come loose and fall out.

I always use a safety "buddy" who will come looking for me if I don't call in by a certain time. Once a couple years ago I was using a technique where I relied on having the ice bottle release the keys which I could then pull over by a cord. She came early and took the keys!

It was a very powerful scene. She finally came back a couple hours later, but for a while there I was completely at her mercy.

I may have some pictures someplace.

CB Hoss
Bondage anyone?
Prisoner

Post by Prisoner »

Hello! I have recently found this very interesting page. I have a pair of shackles that I made myself, they are pretty heavy and relatively comfortable to wear. Cuffs are not made to be comfortable, so one can use a sock or a towel underneath. I have them on me as much as possible. I love the feeling of being chained hand and foot.
Attachments
004.jpg
peter76

Post by peter76 »

Prisoner wrote:Hello! I have recently found this very interesting page. I have a pair of shackles that I made myself, they are pretty heavy and relatively comfortable to wear. Cuffs are not made to be comfortable, so one can use a sock or a towel underneath. I have them on me as much as possible. I love the feeling of being chained hand and foot.
Maybe this is not the place on the board to ask but can you tell more about the making of/ They look awesome.

peter
ShackledFeet

Post by ShackledFeet »

Thanks to my friend Lisa I have been wearing long-term / permanent shackles for several months now. The cuffs come from a place in China and they have an integrated lock in the shackle. Without the key, they are difficult to remove. With metal epoxy in the locks, they likely would have to be cut off. The chain is bolted to the o-rings so it is removable, allowing for "normal' daily wear of the shackles.

I have been shackled many times by Lisa in the past, including house painting parties on two occasions and numerous Halloweens as staff extras for haunted houses in New Mexico when we both lived there. Now in Nevada, she invited me to join her friends last Halloween as the last member of a chain gang. I admit I was immediately intrigued to be chained by the ankles to 5 women for several days (with Halloween on Wednesday last year, there were parties scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well as Wednesday). Costumes for all were simple: orange prisoner jumpsuit, ankle shackles on bare feet linked to each other by a very long chain leaving about 4' between each of us. Having worn other types of heavy steel shackles before (other stories if anyone is interested), it was intriguing to see these with the integrated lock. Lisa showed me how to lock the shackles on with the O-ring connector and I was then entrusted with shackling her 4 friends feet. At one point she leaned over from behind and whispered in my ear, "I hope you don't think you're getting out of those anytime soon." I admit, knowing Lisa, I took her seriously and was a bit worried what she had in mind. I took the opportunity to kiss each girl's bare foot after locking the shackle on her ankle as an "apology" and wondered if they knew that they might be wearing these for awhile. Then the o-rings were linked by a length of chain which allowed for comfortable walking with a screw link tightened with a wrench. At this point all of us were shackled individually, but another screw link, this one hand tightened, joined each of us together by the o-rings on each of our right ankles. We had a great time and lots of jokes made.

After the Friday night party, the connecting chain was unbolted and Lisa had me disconnect the chains between our shackles. At that point she said "Goodnight" and immediately several of the girls asked about removing the shackles. Lisa laughed and said that we needed to get used to wearing them since we had several more days to wear them. Not much that any of us could do and Lisa kept hers in place also. i admit at this point I really had a bad feeling about this. Saturday we had two parties, an afternoon poolside costume party which was fun and then a later private party elsewhere. One of the girls asked if the cuffs would rust in the water, as we sat poolside dangling our feet in the water and Lisa explained they were made from stainless steel and so the cuffs would not rust, but she wasn't sure about the locks. We got a good chuckle about that and again I found myself wondering how long these cuffs would be on. The connecting chains between us were removed between parties, but the chains on the shackles were not, so we were shackled and barefoot about 12 hours that day. Of course, the cuffs had been locked on for about 36 hours by now.

Before the Sunday parties, again there were two, an afternoon costume barbecue and an evening one, as I had the "duty" of linking the girls' ankles shackles with the chains, Janella was talking about how she and Lisa had decided that they wanted to keep the ankle cuffs on permanently as "jewelry". Janella said she always wanted a chunky cuff anklet to match her toe rings and these fit the bill, so she and Lisa had used the method of "freezing" the locks on each of their shackles. Apparently they put metal epoxy into the locks and then using a small screwdriver jammed tinfoil so it wadded up inside the locks, effectively making the key unable to fit into the lock once the epoxy set. Lisa just winked as Janella was telling the story and then said to the rest of us three, "So don't anyone get drunk and pass out!" as a definite playful warning.

I must admit I like the feeling of being shackled and it was fun being chained to 4 girls. There were numerous instances of playing footsies over the days and opportunities for foot tickling and during one of the daytime parties Erika unlinked the connecting chain and braided it through all of the o-rings so that our feet were all linked together and nobody could move until it was undone which was more complicated that it looked! Meg did fall asleep during the Sunday night party and Lisa and Janella descended like vultures and I got to witness the "freezing" method. It was quite fast and as Lisa went back to her own drink, she giggled, "It doesn't matter if Meg wakes up now, there's no way to get those off." I don't think anybody bothered to tell her until after the last party on Wednesday because she said something about "too bad these cuffs are coming off tonight, I am starting to get used to them." Of course the rest of us just laughed and the look on her face was quite priceless when she learned she had gotten her "wish".

The chains were all unbolted and we stood there again, Shelly and I waiting to have our cuffs removed, or rather waiting to see what would happen next and Lisa again said "Goodnight" like all the previous nights. Shelly of course started to protest and Lisa laughed and pulled out two sets of keys. I actually had a moment of relief that the cuffs might come off, mixed with the disappointment that the cuffs might come off. Lisa went to Shelly's cuffs and fiddled with them for a moment and I saw that she had actually broken the keys off in the lock "by accident". Shelly didn't exactly notice at first in her slightly inebriated state and when she pressed to have them removed, Lisa held up the broken keys and said "Oops!" That left the four girls all with the shackles locked on their ankles and me wondering if i should let Lisa touch the ones locked on me!! Of course if she didn't they weren't coming off and if she did, then maybe they weren't coming off anyway. She waved the keys at me and jingled them quite obnoxiously. I decided to say nothing and she gleefully pounced, taking one foot in her hand and sticking the key in the lock. She looked up at me before turning the key and said, "I told you that you weren't getting out of these this time," and before i could react, she had snapped off the key in my lock like she had in Shelly's. I couldn't really protest when she did the other ankle as well. Later she told me that she had orchestrated the whole process of us not getting out of the cuffs in advance and that there was not chance from the moment they were first locked on. Each of the locks had a small dab of metal epoxy put into the locking part where the shackle connects before she passed them out and the keys were all filed down with a metal file so they would not work anyway. Each was cut part way through with a hacksaw so they would break off with any twisting pressure and with the wrong damaged key in the lock, they would be very long-term, requiring some level of cutting to ultimately remove.

Now it's been just over 8 months and the cuffs are still in place. Thankful that they look like extreme jewelry with the chain removed and have gotten several compliments on them. Lisa is talking about reuniting the chain gang for this coming Halloween.

RADER

Post by RADER »

WOW!!! What a great story. How long are your ankles chain together,
And how long is the connecting chain?
Does she ever connect you to a stationary object, or to a pole?
Do they bruise your leg at any time?
Rader
ShackledFeet

Post by ShackledFeet »

Hey Rader,
The chain with the o-rings come to about 16 inches or so total. Enough to walk easily.
Most often they are not chained together more than a day or day and a half, although the cuffs themselves remain in place. I think it woould feel quite odd to have them removed at this point and I know one of the girls from the chain-gang group had the shackles cut off after several months and decided she missed them, so she had Lisa put another pair on her. :wink:
3 and a half more months and it will be a year that the cuffs have been on permanently. Doesn't seem that long. yet you never realy forget they are there.
There have been a few instances of being chained longer. I painted her new house a few months ago and stayed there while doing the work, which was nearly ten days of having the shackles on my feet locked together with chain, only having one side unlocked to shower morning and night. The wrought iron footboard in a guest room has a built in ankle stock which I spent a couple of nights in or having the chain between my ankles attached to a chain suspended from the ceiling to hold them off the bed and a right angle while lay on the stomach.
There was also a 3-day "excursion" that Lisa invited herself and me on, hosted by some "friends" of hers to a "real" dungeon. It was a mind-blowing experience and quite challenging mentally, even more than physically. We started with our ankles shackles chained together and an additional 3-foot long chain connecting us together. Her friends came and put us into a t-bar for our neck and wrists and additional ankle shackles that held the feet rigidly together. Gagged and blind-folded we were taken to a waiting van and laid on our back with our ankles suspended from the ceiling. We drove for what seemed like hours and no idea where we were. We were taken from the vehicle and went down into the ground, which is where this dungeon was built. We were then put into a small room with stone walls and a metal door. We were placed in a sitting position and the blindfold and gag removed after the bar for our neck and wrists had two chains fastened from it to the wall, so we could only sit and not move. Lisa was chained similarly to the opposite wall and there were sets of ankles stocks made from round bar between us. Placing our feet in them, our soles pressed up against each other, which given the situation and surroundings was a little comforting. The dramatic scene was made even more so when they used rivets in the ankle stocks! Looking at Lisa i could see she was not sure what was happening either as her eyes were wide at first and then she tried to smile at me. A t-bar was then bolted in place which had double metal loops on each end. The slipped our big toes into these on each side and then closed them with a bolt. In this position, we could not even wiggle our feet and even the feeling of touch lost it's comfort. We were left like this until what must have been morning with just a very dim bulb illuminating the stone walls and steel restraints.
RADER

Post by RADER »

WOW!!!
That sounds like a great time, How long did you stay in the dungeon.
At what length of time do you normally chain your legs together?
Do you sleep with your legs chained?
This sounds like something I might like to do.
Rader
VintageGordon

Post by VintageGordon »

@ShackledFeet Interesting stories I'm quite envious because I haven't yet had an experiance of being shackled nor being shackled with 4 girls with a 5th domme, must have been very fun experiances. :)
All posts sent on a PSP. :)
boundgirl95

Post by boundgirl95 »

Do one thing . Take a long chain , use those chains to cuff your legs using some padlocks . Then keep the keys somewhere or giving it to some one ..
hanscuff

Post by hanscuff »

Great synopsis by "Shackedfeet!" Very good to read all of that! :D
ShackledFeet

Post by ShackledFeet »

RADER wrote:WOW!!!
That sounds like a great time, How long did you stay in the dungeon.
At what length of time do you normally chain your legs together?
Do you sleep with your legs chained?
This sounds like something I might like to do.
Rader
The dungeon "adventure" was three days long. We were moved around to different devices and dungeon rooms. Not sure which was worse, the long stretches on immobile steel bondage or the tickle torture done to our bare feet at times. Three days seemed like 3 weeks!
Most of the time I have the cuffs chained together for maybe a day or day and a half.
Sometimes sleep with the legs chained, but they are cuffed of course, regardless of chained or not. It does not seem to matter how long they are on or whether they are connected by chains or not, but you never really forget the cuffs are there. Not really uncomfortable but heavy enough to always be aware of them.
ShackledFeet

Post by ShackledFeet »

VintageGordon wrote:@ShackledFeet Interesting stories I'm quite envious because I haven't yet had an experiance of being shackled nor being shackled with 4 girls with a 5th domme, must have been very fun experiances. :)
The experience with the chain gang was much more fun than the dungeon definitely. On the chain gang, we were at parties, eating and having fun and even having the cuffs locked on permanently seemed like part of the fun.
The dungeon was an endurance event. It seemed to last forever. Mentally and physically tough, especially the tickle torture as it sometimes went on longer than you could imagine. And the mind games were difficult too. Having our feet riveted in place at each "stop" was surprisingly difficult mentally because we had no control over what was happening and I did not know these people and apparently they were only acquaintances of Lisa, so she was not sure what to expect either. One time they freed us from a pair of metal ankle stocks using an angle grinder to remove the rivets. Let us stand up to walk around for a few moments and then riveted the stocks back onto our ankles right away.
One of the "funny" things was that we started with our cuffs chained together, so even once we got out of the dungeon, we were still shackled.

By the way, this is where Lisa got the ankle shackles from. Good quality.
http://spicesforlove.com/index.php?main ... 20a&page=2
ShackledFeet

Post by ShackledFeet »

boundgirl95 wrote:Do one thing . Take a long chain , use those chains to cuff your legs using some padlocks . Then keep the keys somewhere or giving it to some one ..
I wear the chains locked between the cuffs often. Great for cleaning the house or working in the yard.
Generally having them bolted on is more comfortable than locks because the locks can dangle and smack the ankle bone unfortunately. With the bolts, they still take some time to get out of and need tools. And since the cuffs themselves aren't coming off, there is always the feeling of being shackled whether the chain is there or not.
ShackledFeet

Post by ShackledFeet »

hanscuff wrote:Great synopsis by "Shackedfeet!" Very good to read all of that! :D
Thanks! Lisa had been leading up to "permanent" ankle shackles for a long time and finally found a method to do it. It's quite a feeling to know the cuffs are not coming off!! :shock:
VintageGordon

Post by VintageGordon »

@ShackledFeet Thanks for the link that site looks like it has a good selection of shackles, unfortunatly I'm unemployed at the moment so they are all too expensive for me. :(
All posts sent on a PSP. :)