Electronic Timer Handcuffs (Merged topic)

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
sanek

Electronic Timer Handcuffs (Merged topic)

Post by sanek »

Last edited by sanek on 05 Dec 2013, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
anna
Site Admin

Re: Time lock for sale on net

Post by anna »

sanek wrote:http://speakbuy.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t ... 232#p74232
Not sure about security but those cuffs looks great and they would be on my wishlist if the price was lower.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
sanek

Post by sanek »

and what should be the price?
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

sanek wrote:and what should be the price?
Currently US $390.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handcuffs-timer-/180880828810

Edit: Ah, I think I misunderstood that question. The price needs to be a lot lower for me to be interested. But my opinion is not important, the market will tell us what it thinks is a fair price.
RADER

Post by RADER »

Very nice, and very high priced. If you only want to stay cuffed for up to 99 minuets
just put the key on a shelf somewhere. If you want a little longer, use the Ice
timmer thing.
I just can not see spending $500.00 on something that might fail, and you have
no other key to get out.
Rader
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Can't get the link to load, so I can only go by what I saw in the videos.

I have a couple major concerns with this system. First, there doesn't appear to be any kind of failsafe system. In fact, it appears to be based solely on the electronics. I didn't even see a safety release inside the battery box. What happens if the battery runs out while it's still locked? I bet it stays locked, since these *ARE* handcuffs, and most people don't want them to open unless explicitly "directed" to do so.

Second, there's no digital display. This is somewhat of a small concern, since there are lights to provide information, but it's quite easy to misread how many times a light blinked. You could accidentally set these for the wrong time.

Third, these cuffs are not safe for all wrist sizes. If you have smaller wrists, it looks like these become more circular the more you close them. Normal cuffs are designed to accommodate this, so I'm wondering why the engineer who built these didn't do the same?

Fourth, why did they only test with 10kg of weight? Most people are capable of putting out more force than that, even if their arms are behind their backs (like you would expect with cuffs). If you really want to get free, the pain of the cuffs digging into your wrists isn't really going to keep you from pulling with full force. Just how much of a load can these things tolerate?

Fifth, what keeps the user from unplugging the battery to reset the system? I couldn't really see how the battery was secured, but even if they use screws, you could probably pry the plate off anyway using a small wedge (such as a knife). Alternatively, any handy screwdriver would open the screws anyway.
sanek

Post by sanek »

davisev5225 wrote:Can't get the link to load, so I can only go by what I saw in the videos.

I have a couple major concerns with this system. First, there doesn't appear to be any kind of failsafe system. In fact, it appears to be based solely on the electronics. I didn't even see a safety release inside the battery box. What happens if the battery runs out while it's still locked? I bet it stays locked, since these *ARE* handcuffs, and most people don't want them to open unless explicitly "directed" to do so.

Second, there's no digital display. This is somewhat of a small concern, since there are lights to provide information, but it's quite easy to misread how many times a light blinked. You could accidentally set these for the wrong time.

Third, these cuffs are not safe for all wrist sizes. If you have smaller wrists, it looks like these become more circular the more you close them. Normal cuffs are designed to accommodate this, so I'm wondering why the engineer who built these didn't do the same?

Fourth, why did they only test with 10kg of weight? Most people are capable of putting out more force than that, even if their arms are behind their backs (like you would expect with cuffs). If you really want to get free, the pain of the cuffs digging into your wrists isn't really going to keep you from pulling with full force. Just how much of a load can these things tolerate?

Fifth, what keeps the user from unplugging the battery to reset the system? I couldn't really see how the battery was secured, but even if they use screws, you could probably pry the plate off anyway using a small wedge (such as a knife). Alternatively, any handy screwdriver would open the screws anyway.
1. If the battery charge drops to 7v handcuffs open avtamaticheski
2. there is no need to set the display which can easily be damaged by a tingling time two LEDs quickly get used to
3. my site has photos speakbuy.com conventional handcuffs, electronic handcuffs are the same size wrist
4. 10kg it shows that the castle of my handcuffs opened under load, and the strength of 500kg bear
Now the controller programmed so if the power switch off and then re-enable it open the handcuffs (with battery the same thing if it is to disable then enable the handcuffs open), but the controller that manages the handcuffs is Non Volatile Random Access Memory memory so you can program it so that at least Put the battery is removed and until the time the handcuffs will not open, inside is a USB port can connect each handcuffed to a computer and programming, at its discretion
sanek

Re: Electronic Timer Handcuffs

Post by sanek »

new photo
Attachments
55.jpg
44.jpg
33.jpg
22.jpg
11.jpg
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

sanek wrote:new photo
Thanks, it looks better and better the more I see of it.

Just imagine if it was possible to control these handcuffs by wireless connection to one of the great self bondage software available in the software forum. It would open up a new world of possibilities. :drool:

And I am not afraid of getting stuck in these handcuffs any more than in a pair of normal hinged steel handcuffs. If they stuck somehow I would need help to get free with either type. These could be "opened" and that would probably help a lot getting them unstuck without needing to cut them.
ButterflyGirl

Subject

Post by ButterflyGirl »

Last edited by ButterflyGirl on 16 Dec 2016, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
natq

Post by natq »

anna wrote:
sanek wrote:new photo
Thanks, it looks better and better the more I see of it.

Just imagine if it was possible to control these handcuffs by wireless connection to one of the great self bondage software available in the software forum. It would open up a new world of possibilities. :drool:

And I am not afraid of getting stuck in these handcuffs any more than in a pair of normal hinged steel handcuffs. If they stuck somehow I would need help to get free with either type. These could be "opened" and that would probably help a lot getting them unstuck without needing to cut them.
That cpu board in them looks like a arduino mini/arduino nano, thoseareeay to program and it even has the usb connector fitted. It might be teensy compatible also. Ebay has a bunch of wireless modules, a cheap bluetooth one might work quite well in this application.
bdsm984

Post by bdsm984 »

natq wrote:...
That cpu board in them looks like a arduino mini/arduino nano...
You got that spot on. It's an arduino nano, the hardware they used doesn't look all that complicated. Most of the work seems to have gone into the casing etc. more-so than the timer functionality. I quite wonder why there's a x-minute limit to these things as a solid bit of programming could make it possible to adjust to any length of time.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

saftey. and it depends how much ram those things have. if they were limited to using unsigned short ints that would probably limit it to 18 hours. of course if it did have the space for a standard 32bit unsigned int it could go for 136 years. unless it needs the battery to maintain the lock, then i assume the max length would be as long as the 9volt lasts lol.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

New link and new price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handcuffs-timer-/180911263782
Now US $290.00, plus shipping, like before.
bdsm984

Post by bdsm984 »

bobbi wrote:saftey. and it depends how much ram those things have. if they were limited to using unsigned short ints that would probably limit it to 18 hours....
That is, if you were to use a single variable.. You could use variables to cascade giving a virtually unlimited amount of time.. Either that, or you could add a cheap RTC (Real Time Clock) and set a specific time for release..

I am still of the opinion that 290 USD is too much to ask for a simple Arduino-based device.