self bondage spanking machine

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
OrgasmAlley

Re: self bondage spanking machine

Post by OrgasmAlley »

My poor recollection of the design is basically as follows:

1 - A sizable wooden paddle on a pivot is held into the target by spring tension. Drawing it back loads the paddle, while release causes it to accelerate into the target ass. Obviously, adding spring preload generates a stronger stroke (not while being used, although that could happen). The mechanism draws the paddle back by the same amount every stroke.

2 - There is a draw notch on the paddle... I can't remember if the original was on the impact side of the pivot or the opposite. We'll assume the paddle is single-sided... let's say there's the pivot, then about a foot to the notch, then another two feet to the business end (just making that up, to be clear... if the notch were on the other side, the winch would be near the person instead "farther back" in the next item). The notch is a V shape.

3 - Farther back from the target is a winch, I think it was a 12V winch as one might find on an ATV. When operating, it pulls in the rope, which starts out run from winch through notch and collected near the subject. The idea of a tensioning drum noted in a post above is a good one, but not employed in the original design.

4 - The rope has along its length a series of knots. The number of knots matches the desired strokes. The spacing of knots determines the speed at which these strokes are delivered.

In operation, the winch is started and retracts the rope at a fixed pace. As the rope is draw through the notch, when a knot comes along it catches in the V. While the knot is hung in the notch, the paddle is draw back with the rope, until the angle of the paddle is such that the knot slips down the V to a point wide enough to pass through it. This releases the paddle. Paddle actuates, and the process begins anew.

As designs go, it's an innovative method to draw back a spring-loaded paddle. There are at least a dozen methods to do that, and this one is not among the most convenient, functional, or easiest to build. It you're going to use a very powerful slowed motor -- like the winch employed here -- you can build several more compact, flexible, and simple designs to accomplish the same thing.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I see only one problem with this otherwise marvelous machine.

If you can spank well (say a well trained mistress) you will learn that a good spanking/whipping is not really about increasing the force with which you hit the target, but by the technique you use.

For example, if you use quite some force to hit the target, but you allow the hit to be absorbed by the target and bounce off, the impact will be mostly at the upper layers of the skin where all the pain receptors are, and as such the damage is kept to a minimum while the pain is increased.

With a spanking machine, especially a springloaded one, the impact will go full force on the target and beyond which means that the blow itself will cushion the energy and its being pushed deeper into the body which in essense makes the experience require more force to cause pain, but also causes internal injury.

The biggest difference would be that you would have bruises under the skin and touching and moving it would be painful, while the initial blow is not that painful.

With a proper whipping/spanking technique, the wounds are mostly on the skin itself, causing red skin, possibly somewhat broken. Touching the skin can have different feelings, but they will be more painful depending on the severity. This can definitely give tear (crying) style pain where the other is much harder.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

First, it is clear than no machine will currently approach the ability of a skilled person to control their strokes with an implement. Having commercially sold spanking machines for about 15 years now, I can tell you that the people interested in them most often do not have a skilled person willing and able to give them what they're after.... in other words, such a replacement is not typically the objective. Whether because they choose to keep their kink private, have a machine fetish, have a partner who will not, have a partner who physically cannot, or any number of other reasons... a spanking machine is an excellent solution for some people, and outside of the interest of others.

I do agree with you about the abilities you describe for a person. However, as accurate as you have been there, you've shorted considerably what is possible with a spanking machine (speaking broadly, not of the OP's design). By selection of implement, use of an external stop, and adjusting power levels, you can readily deliver energy to any desired depth.

Sting -- that is, surface nerve stimulation -- is certainly not the only desirable impact, by the way. Nor does everyone WANT to minimum deep bruising all of the time.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I agree with you that there is far much more possible, just not with the machine described by OP, which is what I wanted to convey.

I do not have much experience with a spanking machine though. Never felt what they can do.

Then again, I haven't had the luxury of getting a good spanking by a real person (other than my mom at young age) either.

I have only felt the end of a paddle, flogger and some other devices, by my own hand.

I do often want pain and a mark, so I noticed that excessive force is not what is required to get a mark and/or pain, but that technique is far more important.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Using a light weight paddle with a hard surface -- 2" wide 1/4" thick polycarbonate, for example -- on this simple spring-powered machine will readily give you sting without thud, and be limited to surface damage. One could take that further by adding a paddle stop near the pivot, prior to impact, such that the paddle only flexes into the target... you'd probably need to add spring power, and this mod is probably totally unnecessary.

That's why, on my own Spank-O-Matic system, I offer a wide range of implements. The more abrupt power of an air cylinder does limit the material selection compared to a spring-powered device, since it will shred some things you could use with a spring.