Trick locks that don't use keys?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Shannon SteelSlave

Trick locks that don't use keys?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I bought some kind of locking gags that came with padlocks and keys. I noticed that I could snap the locks closed, and pull them up and unlock, without a key. Is there a name for this type of lock? Where can I get more? Or did I just happen upon cheap or defective locks?
They would be useful to me for softer sessions where I only need the illusion of being locked into my bondage. Would also be great practice locks for trying out new scenarios. (Harder sessions do not allow for such easy escape)
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
KinkInSpace

Re: Trick locks that don't use keys?

Post by KinkInSpace »

Cheap locks tend to open if you just use force. Its not by design to do this, but cheap locks are build so cheaply that it can happen regardless.

Not every cheap lock will do this though as it is also a matter of wear inside the lock that will make this happen more easily or not.

But you may want to look into something like a carabine hook, which can do exactly the same. Its a loop that you can open/close easily that does not require a key.

Also keep in mind, given that these locks are cheap, if you rely upon being able to open it just by using force, you may actually get it to not open by force one day, and even worse, it may be possible that one day after opening it by force for so many times, the lock won't simply close anymore. Luckily the last scenario is not really too bad as it can't get you in a life threatening situation.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I once had an experience with cheap locks where I locked my ankles together using a chain and two cheap padlocks bought from a cheapy pound shop sort of place. When it came to unlocking one of the padlocks refused to open when I turned the key. No amount of twisting or pulling would release it. Luckily My emergency release snips were nearby so I could snip the chain and get free from the radiator pipe I'd secure myself to. The locks were later thrown in the bin and I vowed never to use cheap locks again.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Thanks to all who have responded. My "happy accident" seems to be becoming a safety lesson here. I just thought maybe these were meant to make the device an "out-of-the-box" complete kit, but in order to avoid lawsuits, were made with rounded off shackle bolt teeth so they can't lock.
My habits, when I am bonding for reals, is to keep my locks [locked] so they have to be opened by routine by a key prior to use. This ensures that both the key and the locking mechanism inside the lock, are working.
Slave, you may have saved me some punishment. For me, breaking bondage, or as I call it, "Breaking and Exiting" is a punishable crime, unless it was obviously defective. The punishment and recognition will always depend on the mood of my darker side, but is always made to be something I don't like.
BoundDosster, you make a good point. Toss those cheap locks away, don't try to fix them. Whether the lubricant dried out, the moving parts froze together, or the springs snapped, they are not worth it, either in $$ or the risk of getting trapped.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
enchained

Post by enchained »

I once tried some cheap stage magician handcuffs made somewhere in China. They have a hidden lever that opens the cuff when pressed, no key needed. They worked well for a while. Then the lever broke off.

I was able to get out by opening the other cuff then using the key. But after that close call I threw them in the trash.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Re cheap locks ...
bad-lock.jpg
... is one reason I don't like cheap Chinese locks. This one came off a friend's steel collar, fortunately not while she was wearing it. The cylinder had split down its length and jammed hard.

Cheap padlocks, like cheap handcuffs, belong in the bin. Decent name brand ones don't cost much.