Are leather wrist restraints really secure together?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Self tied

Are leather wrist restraints really secure together?

Post by Self tied »

Hi. I'm very new to posting here, but I've been reading here for many years and finally able to post.

I've recently bought some of the top dollar wrist restraints I could find online, and have been kind of disappointed. I've found they work perfectly when on a spreader bar or spread eagle, but when bound together I can use my hands to get out easily. I've found that I can go one notch tighter for no escape, but it's so tight that my hands will be numb before the timed release lets me out. (afraid to try that) I'd really like to feel secure in my hogtie system, but that won't happen if I can get out.

I have metal for "hands together" if needed, but that's too dangerous for hog tie. Is this just a problem I'm having or is it common?

The two restraints I have are JT's Signature collection from the Stockroom. and Fetters wrist restraints from Mr. S Leather. They are both high quality. If you are bound with your hands apart, you are going nowhere.
lj

Re: Are leather wrist restraints really secure together?

Post by lj »

Do you mean you can unfasten the cuffs, or simply slip out of them? perhaps by using your fingers to help ?

We have some very nice leather cuffs that are similar to the Mr S ones, and yes, I can escape but only by unfastening them. Perhaps just lucky with the hole punching allowing the correct diameter for my wrists. We also have a set that are lockable, the buckle incorporating a loop for a padlock. Obviously you can't unfasten them without a key.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Self tied

Post by Self tied »

Yes, I mean by using the other hand to slip out of them. It's still a struggle though. I'm thinking the more I use them then the leather will stretch a bit. At that point I'll be able to use the tighter notch without worry of hands going numb. I can also use them for shorter sessions on the tighter notch and should be fine.

I always struggle to escape, since my favorite part is when I realize I can't escape and have to wait.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

A cheap leather punch will let you add a "custom" hole to give you the exact fit you want. You can add a hole, or simply elongate the too tight hole. It probably won't take much to give you enough slack to be safe, yet secure.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Self tied

Post by Self tied »

Thanks for the replies, I think the problem was with me learning about leather. I have been wearing them around the house "tight" and my hands haven't gone numb. Leather has stretch to it and I'm not used to that. That same "tight" feeling with rope means my hands will be numb in 20 minutes and I'm screwed. And yes, I've had some close and scary calls with rope over the years. I think I just need to break them in and all will be fine.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Self tied wrote:Thanks for the replies, I think the problem was with me learning about leather. I have been wearing them around the house "tight" and my hands haven't gone numb. Leather has stretch to it and I'm not used to that. That same "tight" feeling with rope means my hands will be numb in 20 minutes and I'm screwed. And yes, I've had some close and scary calls with rope over the years. I think I just need to break them in and all will be fine.
This is very true. New leather items need some time to adjust and stretch. The way it applies pressure compared to rope is also very different. Rope is a very narrow band of high pressure, while the leather cuffs will spread the forces out of a much larger area, meaning they don't restrict blood flow or pinch nerves in quite the same way. And more importantly, over time they shape to the wearer, so they'll get more comfortable too :lol:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*