Padlock Timer

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Ano

Padlock Timer

Post by Ano »

Hello, and happy new year.
I have just found a very promising item on ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multipurpose ... %7Ciid%3A1

It is esentily the same as the little chines ones, but should be much stronger and impossible to break.I am planing to use one of theese on all kind of cenarios. Best use case will be for overnight.
Where i'll have my feet tied up, and hands cuffed in the back using this one. I already have a bunch of chain and rigid cuffs, and the ones with magnet locks.

I am thinkking beetwhen the magnet ones and this ones https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-St ... %7Ciid%3A1

The ones in the link would be locked by two of the smaller timed padlocks for longer than the night, like 9-10 AM, and then would be connected with the big boy, unlocking a bit earlier.
Maybe for safty i would use a very strong ziptie from one cuff to the padlock, and have a cutter locked up in a kitchen safe.

Once i'll have the lock the posibilites will expand, finaly i'll be able to have a handcuffs on front and just be fixed to a place by legcuffs or chain to the handcuffs.
Later I'll try it for a hogtie as well.
I have a real ice lock too, but that only works durring the day, i mean by the time i would fall a sleep in a hogtie then wake up because of the cuffs, i would be free to free my self up.

In other words, this lock looks very promising to me, what do you think?
lobster

Re: Padlock Timer

Post by lobster »

Interesting find.

You sound excited and I understand! Please also take your excitement as an indicator to be extra careful before locking yourself into a nasty situation while your brain is jumping around :shock:

I cannot comment on the built quality of the lock based on the link. The Chinese ones turned out to be of poor quality with lots of failure points. We need to look inside in order to judge.
Based on the description the lock has a mechanical lock/release system. Which means that, should you run out of battery power, you can only open it by connecting a fresh CR2032 battery - something not so easy after a few hours and with your hands behind your back. For me, this would mean I will not use it as the only way out, limiting the function of the lock somewhat.

Also you'll need to measure how long the lock is able to run on a fresh battery and make sure yours will survive the session.

Perhaps you can one or two and take then apart and post some pictures?
lj

Post by lj »

The photo showing the steel cuffs has the padlock on the body side of the cuffs - this would make it almost impossible to release yourself as you would not be able to reach the key entry with the key unless you have incredibly flexible wrists and long fingers. It would also be additionally difficult if your wrists are behind your back

It is an easy mistake to make, setting cuffs with the lock facing the wrong way.

A second release is very important when using steel restraint, and however expensive the electronic padlock is, I would never rely on it to open as planned. I'm surprised it doesn't failsafe to open with a flat battery - I remember seeing a lock that did that many years ago, although the mechanism wasn't intended as a mechanically strong lock.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Ano

Post by Ano »

lj wrote:The photo showing the steel cuffs has the padlock on the body side of the cuffs - this would make it almost impossible to release yourself as you would not be able to reach the key entry with the key unless you have incredibly flexible wrists and long fingers. It would also be additionally difficult if your wrists are behind your back

It is an easy mistake to make, setting cuffs with the lock facing the wrong way.

A second release is very important when using steel restraint, and however expensive the electronic padlock is, I would never rely on it to open as planned. I'm surprised it doesn't failsafe to open with a flat battery - I remember seeing a lock that did that many years ago, although the mechanism wasn't intended as a mechanically strong lock.
The cuffs are advertised with mini padlocks, but i would use small timed locks on each, and the big one with the timer in the middle. Maybe i would add a strong ziptie for connecting one of the cuffs to the padlock. And have a kitchen safe to give me a cutter after the time when the locks should open up.
Opening normal padlocks on the back is very hard, i have tried it before.
That's why i am excited for the timed one.
astrantia

Post by astrantia »

Does it open by itself when the time is up or do you have to press something?
redsonic

Post by redsonic »

When the time is up, you need just pull the shackle
Padlock available on etsy and ebay.COM
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I love this idea for the few reasons I hate the chinese locks. But it seems to me, that any lock that would fail in a safe state would need to draw much power from the battery, as it would be energizing a solenoid to hold a spring loaded release mechanism locked. Probably be much larger with this design as well. A lock that is unbreakable, but failsafe could make it into my top 5 toys. Am I going to have to build one? If all those bots are browsing the internet, and searching our forum for ways to become our masters, they should be reading this.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠