Electronic online controlled session

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
SBGuy11

Electronic online controlled session

Post by SBGuy11 »

Hello all,

Ive been lurking a long time and now have finally registered an account. How exciting :P Anyways, ive done a fair amount of self bondage in the past, completely solo. While ultimatly satisfying...... I would like to try adding in a new factor: Handing over control of whichever torments are arranged to someone else online.

I have concieved a fairly simple solution to this: "smart wall plugs". Electronic wall sockets that connect to wifi, meant to be controlled from anywhere in the world via smartphone. Also in my past explorations I have found a nearly 100% safe release method: battery powered electromagnets. Size the batter according to the current drawn by the electromagnet, and you will have an ultimate failsafe should your timing system fail: the battery will eventually go dead.

The part im not sure on is how to go about finding someone to hand over control. Given, I will eventually be released even should this person completely betray me, it could still be a very uncomfortable waiting period shoild they devide to go bonkers with the various stimulation/punishment devices.

So here I am, asking your thoughts and opinions on my ideas here. Do you see anything im missing, or have any suggestions on finding an online controller? Or perhaps you wish to take control yourseslf, hah!

-Lee
rmcingle

Re: Electronic online controlled session

Post by rmcingle »

Your idea has merit, but I have a few questions about how it would be implemented.

I have some of those "smart plugs" that allow me to control things from my phone, even if I am away. The problem is that the connection between these devices and my phone has to be done in the house, I couldn't do it from a remote site. Once the phone/device was paired it works remotely, but not for pairing. Perhaps the smart outlets you have are different?

You also mentioned using a battery as a power source to provide a fail-safe: That would require that your smart outlet control a relay that could switch the battery. It can be done, but it is a little more difficult. Another way of providing a fail-safe would be to plug the smart outlet into a standard lamp timer, set for the maximum time you want to be bound.

R. Mc.
SBGuy11

Re: Electronic online controlled session

Post by SBGuy11 »

The smart plugs I have found DO require that they be set up at home, on your local wifi network. However they are then linked to an online account, which you can give the details of to whoever. The person then downloads the app and logs on to the account, they then have control of all devices linked to the account :) I talked with the customer service person from tp-link and he assured me this was how they work.

As far as the battery power goes: here is a rundown of the way it should be hooked up. Battery powers an inverter, taking it from DC to AC power, allowing the smart plugs to operate off the battery. The smart plugs are plugged into the inverter and in turn power the electromagnet. Measuring the current draw of inverter, smart plug and electro-magnet, you get the overall current draw of the system. Lets say its 2 amps. That means if you have a 2 amp-hour battery running all this, the most the entire system can run is 1 hour. (4 amp-hour, 2 hours. 8 amp-hour, 4 hours)

The reason I like this is because its fail safe, 100%. If the system is operating, the battery WILL go dead at some point. If the system has a failure somehow, I will be free no matter the failure.

-Lee