Customized armbinder

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Jadit

Customized armbinder

Post by Jadit »

Words armbinder and selfbondage don't usually go along well, but i thought of a way it could happen. It is not strict bondage in this way but should keep it in position well until you want out.

So there are "elastic bands" used in tailoring, and i don't know how to call them right. Search google with "elastic bands spandex" to get the idea. They stretch many times their original length, say at least 3x, perhaps more. It should be possible to replace the armbinder's lockable straps with the elastic ones. No need for locks or buckles, just make for your measure. Put it on so it's hanging behind you like backbag, then pull it back and slip arms in.
Note: While this kind of bands stretch alot, unlike usual rubberbands, this sort will not snap broken even with large amount of force. I have been using such in regular binding for years, and it's propably even more durable than cotton shirts.

Now, it's entirely up to you how tight it will be. Making many loops of the straps will also require more strength to pull it off, and do take account you possibly don't have much if any grip with your hands. And that's the dangerous part! Don't start with a tight one. The tighter the strap, the bigger the risk that the ring will break and come off. You should be able to use even your toes to get started with your freedom struggle. Have armbinder that has a strong metal ring hanging from the tip. It can be put in a door handle and then you can just pull it off, but then you'll also want to make sure that the ring won't come off... You never know of the cheap Chinese manufacturers. Reinforce it if you must, for example rope through the ring to upper edges of armbinder and tied all along the way.

Anyway with loose enough straps it should be very fun toy, i think. I guess i'd completely remove the original straps, or use small section (maybe 10-20cm) as anchor points to tying the elastic bands to. Make sure to follow common armbinder strap paths, nothing goes over neck. You can make that mistake even when wearing so, play safe.

Optional rigs with the straps could be for using them for some sort of timed locking mechanism in addition to the elastic straps. But i can't really think of a good solution. If you were to rely on ice, you would have that cold against your chest. It would need some heat wrapping and ring-device, or something. It's riskier, and with this scenario you can't use even your phone for backup. Scissors and knifes - completely useless. And even more, if for some reason you'd have elbows go numb, you would have to rely on your body to pull the thing completely off, which you can't do if straps are set too tight. It could also get tangled with the elastic straps, depending on how you do it.

Just being overly cautions, that thing is a beast you know. Don't get offguard and stuck.
KinkInSpace

Re: Customized armbinder

Post by KinkInSpace »

This is a bad idea. You will be able to move your arms more apart, but you won't be able to get out of the armbinder because you can't get the elastic bands to move. I tried a similar approach once, and I had to use another object to rub against it to get free. I was so happy I was in a test rather than the real thing or I wouldn't have been able to get out.

I looked at different ways to change it, but unless there was another object in play that would help me to get out, it was impossible. This other object made escaping so easy that the entire purpose of the exercise got lost.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

There are other ways to control escaping. Say, you have the solid object you use for escape a bit further away, but your feet (at least 1 of them) are bound to something else, so you can't reach it until ice melts or something. Or maybe instead of feet, a collar if you want to stay crawling that time :twisted: I was expecting that you can't escape with hand struggling alone, but that's confirming my worries. I will need to make sure i can rely on the metal ring at the tip. And no, for me the feeling is more important than anything. Based on what i've read, your plays are more hardcore than mine.

One is already coming from ebay, shipped already 1 day after order... Those guys are on top of things, which can't be said for regular webstores. And i'd love to keep the straps intact if i can set them not getting in the way.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Oh well. Turns out i can't even slide it on me. The material was something like pvc, and it doesn't help that my elbows may not come so easily together anyway. At least i didn't have to cut anything so it's up for some bondage in the future if that lucky. Maybe a more sturdy leather design or something would work better, but i'd imagine it will still be difficult. You need some significant force to pull it all the way up and it puts stress on the straps.

Although it's not all hope lost on this one yet. The straps are connected mostly to the middle'ish, but if i were to attach another straps to sides, it might help. Because that's where they got stuck.