Ice Lock Question

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Markjones

Ice Lock Question

Post by Markjones »

I've been considering getting an ice lock but wanted to know people's experiences of them.

If I were to use one in conjunction with a wrist cuff would it actually be strong enough to hold me even when I struggle and
Pull against the bonds? I like to be able to struggle in bondage but I just get the impression that anything too energetic would lead to the ice lock separating.

I'd love to hear what people's experiences are and whether it's worth getting one.
KinkInSpace

Re: Ice Lock Question

Post by KinkInSpace »

I don't know which ice lock you would get, given that there are different onces.

The one I have requires very little water, only 15ml to be frozen. This in effect means that once its starting to melt, only 15ml of water will actually drip from it, which is great.

Contrary to what one may expect, when its locked, its really locked. You have to be extremely strong if you were to be able to break it, but I doubt you could, and would more likely break the device before the ice breaks. Yes, it's that strong.

When the ice melts away and you get near the breaking point, only then can you get free using force. So you can be guaranteed to be locked up for at least 45 minutes without getting out. After that, its a guessing game, and if you apply force to escape, you may be able to shave of 2 minutes.

There's also one that has a small hole in it with much more water. It is said to be devilish because if you use it to tie your hands above your head, while being naked, you are forced to endure ice cold water drops on your body as the ice melts.

Altough that device will still be able to hold any force, I don't own one, and I suspect you can get released sooner in that device if you use strength. Maybe shave of 5 to 10 minutes.

That said, I have to admit that I'm not using it often. I don't get too much additional satisfaction knowing that whatever I do, I really can't get out, and ice, although it is really reliable, comes with the one down side: you have to plan ahead every little detail, because the moment you take the lock out of the freezer, the internal clock starts ticking. It will likely be 1 hour and a few minutes before the lock releases, so you have some time to get in bondage and then be locked up for a good hour. But if your planning requires lots of setup, then you get at a point where you may be setting up while the lock is melting, reducing its locked state time.

I got myself a very cheap timer padlock from AliExpress, that, although it is not reliable, it does not come with the hassle of starting to run even before you are properly setup. And as it is an actual padlock, you have the added bonus of not having to fiddle with other padlocks that may be too small.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Markjones

Post by Markjones »

Hi SlaveL. Thanks for your reply.

What sort of ice lock do you have? Sounds awesome and I'm really pleased to hear that they are surprisingly strong. I was looking at this particular one in the larger size:

https://www.fetters.co.uk/stainless-steel-ice-lock-2507

I've no problem with a little bit of cold water but I do really want to make sure that it is going to hold me securely for a decent amount of time, even if I do struggle and pull at the bonds.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I have the one on the right: http://www.blackstore.ch/shop/contents/en-us/d140.html

The one on the left is the one with the hole that leaks water. :)

Don't worry, they'll hold you. That's for sure. You only have to consider where you are going to use it, and how much you mind when things get wet (your bed maybe?)

For that reason, I choose the one I have, because very little water comes out, so it dries up quickly. The one you want has big holes so far more water is going to come out.

Then again, mine only has between 60 and 90 minutes of being locked up. Not several hours. But my kitchen safe and my timer padlock can go into many hours anyway.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Markjones

Post by Markjones »

That's great to know, thanks for your comprehensive response. The one you have looks like a serious piece of kit. I do like the thought of less water but I'm willing to take the hit on that for the chance to be secured for a longer period of time. I'll order one now!
PutStringsOnMe

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Slave_L wrote:Then again, mine only has between 60 and 90 minutes of being locked up. Not several hours. But my kitchen safe and my timer padlock can go into many hours anyway.
When I first tested a variant of those 15 ml ice locks that was supposed to stay locked for about 4 hours, I found that it just lasted about 3hours. I upgraded it with some pipe insulation and this bumped it up to 6 hours and change.

Cheers,
-PutStringsOnMe
AssTechWarrior

Post by AssTechWarrior »

If you don't want to spend the money before you give it a try, here's a simple and as usual, nearly free method:

You need:
Rope
At least one metal ring or eyebolt, 1" or so in diameter
old athletic sock
A small plastic baggie is optional.
Medium to large ice cubes ( bigger than your eyebolt hole )

Figure out how you will attach the loop, using a rope to a tree or screwed into something.

Take the plastic baggie and put a couple of ice cubes in it. I'd test with 2 initially.

Put the bag into the sock and pull the open end of the sock through the loop.

Tie the free end of the sock to a rope and you now have an ice timer release you can set for as long as you desire.

The baggie is optional, it slows the melting and might keep the water from leaking but it could fool you into thinking the ice is still there until you pull on it.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

There is a huge difference between a DIY Ice lock and a premium Ice Lock. Even though at the end, both perform the same function, the actual premium ice lock will not spill much water.