Another idea?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
restricted

Another idea?

Post by restricted »

Having made my box and sept in it, I have already got bored. I did put fans in it to push clean air through and there was an emergency plug to cut the magnetic lock out if all else fails. But what I do now is lock all my male clothes inside the box. The lock is worked by a 12 volt battery with a timer. Both are inside the box so once the lid is shut, not matter what happens I am stuck in my female guise. If the timer fails, the battery will run out in 2 days.

However, I began thinking. (smoke pouring out of ears) I have some old single sheets. I am stitching one into a bag that will hold me. It won't be tied. I will put 4 eyelets into the top which will be at shoulder lever. Ropes will be passed through these and up to an eyebolt and onto the electro magnet which will be fixed to the wall.

The idea is that I can put myself on the bag and kick the step away so I am left swinging and unable to escape until the magnet cuts out.

Can anyone see any problems?

Or perhaps the bag should go over my head (I'll put plenty of air holes in the bag in that case). Once I kick the bag away, I will be trapped inside as the bag will close up over me. What do you think is the better version?
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.
Keyless

Re: Another idea?

Post by Keyless »

restricted wrote:
The idea is that I can put myself on the bag and kick the step away so I am left swinging and unable to escape until the magnet cuts out.

Can anyone see any problems?

Or perhaps the bag should go over my head (I'll put plenty of air holes in the bag in that case). Once I kick the bag away, I will be trapped inside as the bag will close up over me. What do you think is the better version?
I'm not sure about the swinging bit. won't you effectively have a rope around you neck? If the bottom of your bag gives way and you drop, could it strangle you? Even if your feet are on the ground, you could still have a problem if you pass out for some reason.
I don't know if you have an emergency release. If it involves cutting the bag, could it give rise to exactly that problem? Also, I'm not sure how firmly your hands will be held.

Also remember that, when the magnet releases, you will be dropped to the ground with no warning.

On a lighter note, I think I would think about some sort of chastity arrangement. Having said that, the hands behind back solution does not seem a very good idea on safety grounds.

Sorry to be a spoil sport, but I don't think we can afford to lose you from the forum.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Suspension bondage like this should never be done solo.

Getting in the bag suspended is one thing, but as mentioned before, the release is going to be a surprise to you. You will hit the ground before you have time to react and that means you will get injured. If you have bad luck, you will get seriously injured. Although I doubt you will suspend yourself from a high location, you can still fall in a bad way and dislocate something, such as your shoulder, etc.

Try getting out of your bondage with a dislocated shoulder... yup, not gonna be possible.

But what happens if you are in the bag and suddenly a fire starts? You won't be able to know this until its too late, whether or not you can get out or not.

So yeah... I don't think this is a good idea at all.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
restricted

Post by restricted »

Thank you. I will only be a couple of inches from the floor. For me to go higher would mean taking opening the hatch to the loft and having the rope through the hatch. So by falling only two inches I should be okay. I thought of a fire, but have smoke alarms fitted all around the house. But the same thing could happen with any self bondage. Tie yourself up well and a fire stats. Maybe you are handcuffed and ankle cuffs linked by a chain that keeps you stopping over with only a 9 inch step? With the keys in another room. How do you get to them? Where I am doing it is all brick walls and a metal roof.
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

A few inches off the floor is still a pretty nasty drop.

Sure, you will fall down without much pain when hitting the floor, but given that it is unexpected, you will definitely tumble over. An arm or leg in the wrong position and it can easily dislodge, as your full body weight will be on it, especially when in bondage.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: solo suspension bondage is one of those activities where if just one little tiny thing goes wrong, you're screwed.

You may be just a few inches off the floor, but your head is still six feet up and you will fall over. You can break an arm. You could even break some shoulder bones. Skull fractures aren't too far out there either. Think of it - just one small thing goes wrong, only one, you're in deep trouble and since you're bound, you have no way of getting yourself out of that trouble. You are so screwed.

You'd better have a pretty darn reliable two-legged backup (or better yet, someone there to watch over you) or being screwed is just the better outcome.

The other outcome is a paragraph or two in the local news rag's police blotter section about a strange auto-erotic death.

We don't want to have any of this. We'd rather have you doing something more reasonable and safe, and have you tell your story here.

We like our perverts alive and unharmed. Each and every one of you is treasured and cherished. :love:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

bound_jenny wrote:...

You may be just a few inches off the floor, but your head is still six feet up and you will fall over. You can break an arm. You could even break some shoulder bones. Skull fractures aren't too far out there either. Think of it - just one small thing goes wrong, only one, you're in deep trouble and since you're bound, you have no way of getting yourself out of that trouble. You are so screwed.
That's just so true. I recently broke a rib when toppling over with my arms stuck in clingfilm (we originally planned for a mummification, turned out to become a trip to the ER :evil: ).
So, judging from very recent experience: You don't need to add height to achieve serious harm. The simple mix of not knowing when and exactly how you'll fall will leave you harmed.
... Each and every one of you is treasured and cherished. :love:

Jenny.
Thank you, mistress Jenny. :love:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
lj

Post by lj »

Blacky wrote:
The simple mix of not knowing when and exactly how you'll fall will leave you harmed.

That is something I have mentioned before when people say they will use an electromagnet to provide a release mechanism for a "hands above the head" scenario. The idea is to use the metal plate as the anchor for the cuffs, but your arms become useless after a very short time, and the unexpected release will be far too quick for your responses to recognise the drop is happening, and your arms won't react fast enough to stop the metal plate descending, perhaps a direct hit on your skull!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
restricted

Post by restricted »

In view of the comments and careful thought, I have dropped the idea. I could be in the bag on the floor with the opening chained up enough to let me see out but not escape. My mother used to love putting my sisters dresses on me at every opportunity and putting me in the bag wash bag (when I was five or six) and my sister would tease me that I was wearing knickers. I couldn't escape to take it out on her.

I have designed a chair that once built will hold me in place with a bar in the front across the arm rests. The bar will be held by the magnet. In an emergency there is a plug that can be pulled apart. Or it could have a high back with straps fitted to hold me. .

Another thing I want to do is get a gag with a ring piece at the front like a baby's dummy and lock a chain to it so I am standing facing a wall only a foot away. Again, release wil come when the timer cuts the power. (Still have the emercy plug though. Maybe that should be changed for a switch.. The only thing I thought of was that it would be easier to pull the p[lug ap[art than trying to reach a switch).
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

lj wrote:
Blacky wrote:
The simple mix of not knowing when and exactly how you'll fall will leave you harmed.

That is something I have mentioned before when people say they will use an electromagnet to provide a release mechanism for a "hands above the head" scenario. The idea is to use the metal plate as the anchor for the cuffs, but your arms become useless after a very short time, and the unexpected release will be far too quick for your responses to recognise the drop is happening, and your arms won't react fast enough to stop the metal plate descending, perhaps a direct hit on your skull!
That problem is fixable though. I've thought about a similar scenario. What I would do is put a ring next to the magnet and a panic snap (modified with an easy to grasp loop) connected to the wrist cuffs with just a little bit of slack to the magnet plate. When the plate is attached to the magnet, trapping the person, the panic snap is also attached to the ring. When the magnet disengages and the plate becomes detached, the arms can only drop until the slack to the panic snap is used up. At that point to get fully released, grasp the release loop of the panic snap and disconnect oneself. The secondary attachment through the panic snap can even be as simpler by just using a hook catching the ring. It's only job is to stop you from slamming a heavy metal plate into your face when the magnet disengages. Yes you could detach it early, but what's the point? You'd still be trapped by the magnet until it releases.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
restricted

Post by restricted »

Gregovic wrote:
lj wrote:
Blacky wrote:

That problem is fixable though. I've thought about a similar scenario. What I would do is put a ring next to the magnet and a panic snap (modified with an easy to grasp loop) connected to the wrist cuffs with just a little bit of slack to the magnet plate. When the plate is attached to the magnet, trapping the person, the panic snap is also attached to the ring. When the magnet disengages and the plate becomes detached, the arms can only drop until the slack to the panic snap is used up. At that point to get fully released, grasp the release loop of the panic snap and disconnect oneself. The secondary attachment through the panic snap can even be as simpler by just using a hook catching the ring. It's only job is to stop you from slamming a heavy metal plate into your face when the magnet disengages. Yes you could detach it early, but what's the point? You'd still be trapped by the magnet until it releases.

The plate hasp is screwed to some wood with an eye bolt in it. This is tied to an eyebolt in the wall so when the pate falls it falls to the wall but away fomr me, but now it will be lower so I can reach or the keys or able to untie the rope from it. (Rope will go from the plate, through handcuffs or chains and back to the plate so there is no knots I can reach. When the plate falls it will be reachable. The plate will also have a bag of keys to the chains on my ankles attached That way I can't reach the plate until iut falls. I have tried it and it works, however, it made a noise as it fell so it might be worth having it all onto a cusion.