Electricity Questions

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
rowyone

Electricity Questions

Post by rowyone »

Question One:

I have some metal bars and/or metal plates that I want to use to be a endpoint to electricity. Is it safe to put a electro pad on the metal to make it conductive? How would I go about doing so? What safety precautions do I need to worry about if it's possible? I am using the normal TENS unit

Question Two:

Devices. I live in the U.S and I have been seriously struggling to find sound activated or motion activated. Does anyone have any ideas on brands or even better, links?
lj

Re: Electricity Questions

Post by lj »

The electropads are designed to conduct electricity onto the difficult surface presented by skin - there's no reason why you can't connect the TENS directly to a piece of metal and then apply the metal to your skin. For example, use a piece of aluminium foil as one contact and sit on it! You'll then need another contact elsewhere on your body to complete the circuit, just as you would with two electropads.

The only reservation I would make is that the direct metal/skin contact will have a lower resistance than the electropad and so the effect may be a little stronger.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
rowyone

Post by rowyone »

Yea I am thinking of making a predicament where something else gets tortured or sensitive parts have to touch electricity. Do you know anything about devices I can get in the U.s that have a motion or audio mode?
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I have heard good things about the E-stim Systems boxes, several of their models have either Audio or motion activated modes (Though I don't think they have one that does both currently)

https://www.e-stimsystems.com/
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
rowyone

Post by rowyone »

Gregovic wrote:I have heard good things about the E-stim Systems boxes, several of their models have either Audio or motion activated modes (Though I don't think they have one that does both currently)

Yep I was really happy about finding that one until I realized that the U.S wasn't on their list..
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ErosTek are US-based IIRC, so I guess they'll also sell to the US?!
Audio detection is available there, but I don't know of any box that provides motion detection.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

rowyone wrote:
Gregovic wrote:I have heard good things about the E-stim Systems boxes, several of their models have either Audio or motion activated modes (Though I don't think they have one that does both currently)

Yep I was really happy about finding that one until I realized that the U.S wasn't on their list..
They have a large banner saying "Free shipping to the US and canada for orders over $200" AND a section titled Shipping to the USA in the shipping and handling section on that site. I'm pretty sure they ship to the US. :wink:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
BlindMike

Post by BlindMike »

Erostek unquestionably the best. get the ET312B, it's outstanding. a bit expensive, but worth it. The audio programme is awesome.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Lets get back to question 1.

I have experimented with this, so I can go in great detail about it.

First, yes it is possible, but the results will most likely not be what you expect.

You should keep in mind that if you don't touch the metal for a while, and thus you feel no electricity whatsoever, the first touch, the electricity will arc from the metal onto the skin and that creates a good shock. It is not a powerfull shock, but it will feel painful because you don't expect the shock (this is a good and also scary thing).

However, electricity, especially with TENS units have a caveat: they are only very strong when the distance is as close as possible.

This works in 2 ways: If you have small contact points where it touches the skin, the feeling will feel much larger and sharper. If the contact areas are bigger, it will feel more numb. The difference is like pricking someone with a needle vs stomping them with a flat hand. You feel both, but the needle feels more painful. It depends on what you want, but if you use a large metal contraption, it will not be that painful for this very reason.

Secondly, the further apart the contact points are, the further electricity has to travel, the weaker it becomes. Or otherwise said, you need to crank up the power to a higher level to get the same result as when the electropoints are close together on a low setting.

The setting I wanted to do is this: I had spanned 2 metal wires closely together, put estim + on one of the leads, - on the other. Then stand above it meaning that if I lowered, I would touch the wires and *Zzap*.

It did work and those shocks were definitely present, but my rig was pretty unstable so I couldn't fully enjoy it, and I also was very afraid of the shocks. Given that I was not bound by a mistress and forced to undergo it, I chickened out.

Later I got myself a metal pony that I can sit on. I decided to electrify it, putting the other electrode on my body and see how that went. It was nice, but I had to crank up the power to the highest setting because it was a big metal thing.

It worked though, my balls were coming closer to the metal bar and I felt the electricity arc from the metal to my balls, which was more than a tingling sensation, but not overly painful. If I moved my balls, that seemed to be a bit more painful. So I did my best to stay raised above the bar, but I knew that if my erection stopped, eventually that would mean my penis would touch the bar and zap me, which is what I wanted.

And indeed, at some point that happened. And well... that was the biggest disappointment. I am used of having estim on my penis and the levels I then reach are like 20 times higher than what I got. There was this initial shock when it made contact so I got erect again, but not too much later there was that point where contact was happening the whole time. And that was neglectable. I felt it, but it was very faint. It felt good rather than something I wanted to avoid. The levels were too low to even get an orgasm from it though. Moving my penis on the bar meant different parts of my flesh got hit by electricity and that felt fresh and slightly painful. That feeling was good enough to get me an orgasm but the entire contraption failed miserably.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

On power boxes, I am big on Erostek. I use a pair of 312s and a 232. In addition to the aforementioned E-stim Systems, ElectraStim is also popular. None of these are cheap, but all of them are leagues up on TENS units. If you might be interested, I have an extra 232 new in box I would ship in the US for $275.