Help me choose my new toys

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
ZergolMakar

Help me choose my new toys

Post by ZergolMakar »

Greetings
I used to own a couple toys a few years ago, but I didn't keep them for long because I had nowhere to store them and I would probably have been caught eventually...
Now I'm planning on buying some gear of better quality, but I'd like to choose well and I'm a tad lost so I have a couple questions.
First, do you know an affordable and trustworthy online shop for bondage gear? I would need this shop to ship into foreign countries (I live in France). I have thought of Amazon which provides cheap options but I'm afraid I will get gear of poor quality.
Second, I would like to know your opinion about gag harnesses. I had a regular gag with a single strap but I'd really like to use a harness. However, in the pictures the front straps seem to cover the eyes. I'd like to regularly use it, for example while I'm working at home. From your perspective, does it impede a lot on your vision?
Third, would you recommend a specific model of prostate massager for a dude? I have never used one but it looks pretty awesome.

Thanks a lot for the answers
TheWingmen

Re: Help me choose my new toys

Post by TheWingmen »

Could be helpful to have a little more information. Specifically budget. Most times with kink gear and sex toys you really do get what you pay for, which is why I'm willing to wait and save up for things I want. Personally I'd rather have a few high quality things than a lot of low quality. To answer your questions...

Amazon as you touched on is probably one of the best sources for affordable gear. I think the main things to look at if you are afraid of getting low quality things are the reviews. Look for products with more than 10 reviews and look for trends in them (ie there are 5 reviews that said that "X" part broke).

Opinion on ballgag harnesses: 100x better than a ballgag that just has a strap around the back of the neck. With the harness they become much much harder to spit out. As for blocking vision, none of the ones I have block much vision. You lose a little bit in the middle since the straps generally run down the side of your nose, but it is not enough to really impede activity.

Prostate massagers, I really do not have much experience with. I have a lot more experience with plugs and dildos.

Lastly a few links to some of my favorite shops:
Restricted Senses (etsy): I own a ballgag harness, one of their full hoods with only nose holes, and a blindfold to go along with the gag. All extremely high quality, well worth the money and wait time. https://www.etsy.com/shop/RestrictedSen ... p_redirect

Square Peg: some of the best sex toys I've ever laid my hands on. Well worth the investment. Personal favorites include "egg plug", "slink", and "leo" https://www.squarepegtoys.com/
ZergolMakar

Post by ZergolMakar »

Thank you a lot for the answer
I will definitely check that out !
My budget would be around 150-200€ for gag, ropes and a plug or massager
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I am not a great enthusiast for gags but these thoughts might help.

Firstly, on my head harness gag I can see past the nose straps, just as The Wingmen say, however, I am conscious of the straps. I am not absolutely sure I would be happy to use a computer for a long period. Maybe I would get used to having the straps at the edge of my field of view.

Secondly, most ball gags seem to have too big a ball. Most aficionados seem to say the ball should pass between the teeth. Mine wouldn’t, so I cut a couple of notches into the ball so that the resulting flat section would go between my teeth. Much more effective and difficult to spit out.

Thirdly, on my gag, I discovered that the strap which goes over my head could be pushed down to one side, leaving just the neck strap holding the ball in place, which, as The Wingmen say, makes it much easier to spit out the ball. You really need a design that stops that happening.

Finally, if you are going to wear your gag whilst working you will need to be able to swallow, otherwise you will dribble all over the place. I can just about swallow with my modified gag. I have heard that some gags are dangerous in that they block your mouth sufficiently to force vomit into your lungs should you be sick. I guess you also need to be able to sneeze and cough. I never have needed to do either of those things whilst wearing a gag so I don’t know if it is a problem. In any case, maybe you should have some way of removing the gag very quickly if there is any sign of a problem. Do you envisage a scenario where you are actually prevented from taking the gag off quickly? If I were going to get another gag I think I would try a pony bit rather than a ball for all those reasons.

I expect others will comment and I will be interested to see what they say about it.
dante33

Post by dante33 »

http://peitschenhandel.de/ is a great site. Yes, you need to use their 'google translate' site translater, but their goods are top notch and they are very helpful (also in english.)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

dante33 wrote:http://peitschenhandel.de/ is a great site. Yes, you need to use their 'google translate' site translater, but their goods are top notch and they are very helpful (also in english.)
Wow. Serious stuff. The selection of canes - ouch. Imagine one of those attached to this http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 12&t=11544
The cages are scary too.
There is a button to select language at the top of the page.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I too have a gag harness, and yes, you can look past the straps, but it is a bit tiring if you need to do something precise quickly, as view will be limited.

If you plan on having the gag in for an hour or longer, you likely will find out that wearing a gag for more than 15 minutes is very tiring and really needs to be build up. I personally don't like gags too much for just that.

The question you should also be asking yourself is this: do you need it to be impossible to remove, or are you strong enough to keep it on simply because you like it, and yes, a bit of a struggle is always possible of course.

The reason to go for a gag harness over a plain harness is comfort over restraint. If you really want restraint, consider a gag that goes entirely in the mouth, and get an additional hood with eye holes but no mouth cover that you put on top that can be locked. The gag cannot come out anymore because the hood prevents that. Do note that with such construction, drooling is a lot harder too, so you need to keep swallowing your spit or at least make sure drooling is possible (and you must be willing to drool into the hood and make it run down your chin).
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
ZergolMakar

Post by ZergolMakar »

Thank you all for the answers !

I used to own a regular ballgag with a ¢45mm ball (1.77in) and I could wear it for hours, even whole nights, so that's not really a matter for me !
I don't particularly care if I can easily remove it, it's mostly a sensual thing, I just really love the feeling of having it in the mouth.
Natale

Post by Natale »

The straps of a harness or trainer gag will partially interfere with vision for a psychological effect. There's not only the sensual feeling of being gagged, but the added effect of being forced to see it (unless a blindfold is under the straps).

And should drool be a problem over a keyboard while working at home, a 'detective' style gag over the ball will fix that.
Natale
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

If its just for the sensation, may I suggest a bite gag? They're not spheres but more like horizontal bars that go in your mouth and keep it open. I seem to enjoy that a lot more than a ballgag because I feel it in the corners of my mouth too (not painful).

I recently got one that is made of leather with some foam inside. It is compressable but that really doesn't matter. The taste of leather in my mouth is a joy on its own. I also have a hard rubber one which is pretty big, and I like that too.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.