i got a new combo lock

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
TNTBound

i got a new combo lock

Post by TNTBound »

so i think i finally have a combo lock that i cant figure out the combo in the dark. with my old ones, i could feel the numbers with my nails and figure out what the zero was and just turn it to the correct combo and i was free in a pitch black room. the new one is a 4 dial with letters, and i cant feel the hasp change when i rotate the dials, the letters repeat the vertical lines too often to know which is which with my nails, and how some letter locks have a single bump out for each dial, this one alternates the bump out for every letter on every dial, so i wont be able to figure it out that way either. so now finally, i will have a lock that will truly keep me stuck until sunrise!

this is the lock

For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
davisev5225

Re: i got a new combo lock

Post by davisev5225 »

That... actually sounds like a bad idea. Figuring out numbers with your nail is tedious, but functions as a sort of emergency release. You just eliminated that possibility.
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

davisev5225 wrote:That... actually sounds like a bad idea. Figuring out numbers with your nail is tedious, but functions as a sort of emergency release. You just eliminated that possibility.
If it takes more than a few seconds it's not an emergency release. If your house is burning down you aren't going to stand a chance feeling numbers with your nails anyways. Pretty sure his emergency release is the other people in his house
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

TheWingmen wrote:
davisev5225 wrote:That... actually sounds like a bad idea. Figuring out numbers with your nail is tedious, but functions as a sort of emergency release. You just eliminated that possibility.
If it takes more than a few seconds it's not an emergency release. If your house is burning down you aren't going to stand a chance feeling numbers with your nails anyways. Pretty sure his emergency release is the other people in his house
Not every emergency needs a sense of urgency. Sometimes you just really need to use the loo, or one of your limbs is falling asleep, or you forgot that you left the oven running, etc. None of those would require release-me-within-seconds timing, but would require an early release.