Do paramedics bother with keys or reach for boltcutters?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Giles English

Do paramedics bother with keys or reach for boltcutters?

Post by Giles English »

It seems to me that this is a good place to ask since there's such a wealth of experience and wisdom here.

Does anybody know what happens when paramedics encounter bondage gear under street clothing?

It could be a steel collar or girdle, or locking bracelet or whatever, but obviously I'm most interested in what happens with male chastity devices.

For example suppose I'm out shopping and get hit by a car. Ambulance crew cut off my trousers and find my chastity device. They reckon it'll cause problems with xray or scans etc, or need to get into the area to treat a wound. There's an emergency key around my neck, or perhaps I'm conscious and telling them there's a key in my pocket. Do they bother with that or just reach for the bolt cutters?

I'm guessing it's bolt cutters each and every time and an emergency key makes no difference. However I'd love to know...
bound_jenny

Re: Do paramedics bother with keys or reach for boltcutters?

Post by bound_jenny »

Their training is what takes first place. It will be the most efficient and effective method of removing the impeding device. Bolt cutters.

No fumbling with keys in an emergency situation (on a chain around your neck or in your pocket), possibly finding out it's the wrong one (key or pocket), etc. Way before they go through that whole process (assuming you are conscious), someone can go back to the emergency vehicle with bolt cutters or EMT shears and cut off whatever is in their way. It is an emergency, after all, so time is of the essence. They know how much time the bolt cutters take to remove something. That's a known variable and they have one and only one priority, saving the victim's life.

They couldn't give a flying leap about anyone's chastity device or any other kinky apparatus. When in doubt, use tools. Tools save lives. Time kills.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Sadly, a few years ago, one top surgeon cut something else...
Big malpractices case, prison, etc...
Let's say the patient now pees in sitting position!
(but have a bucket of money!)

I'm sure, as with the guy that cuts his arm to free himself (127 Hours), the potential for such a mishap is out there.

It's very tempting to bring Your kink out in the large public, but, sadly, it involves consent.
(i.e. the public did not consent to be part of our kink, so when s**t hits the fan, they are non-consensual participants)

Have fun, be safe,
f4
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Probably a wire saw in the case of a chastity device if its a small padlock or one of those devices with an internal lock. Less chance of a nasty slip. Bolt cutters are clumsy devices.

If you are conscious and can point them to the key in an easily accesible place they MIGHT use it, but most of the time the fumbling just takes too long.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Giles English

Post by Giles English »

bound_jenny wrote:Their training is what takes first place. It will be the most efficient and effective method of removing the impeding device. Bolt cutters.

No fumbling with keys in an emergency situation (on a chain around your neck or in your pocket), possibly finding out it's the wrong one (key or pocket), etc. Way before they go through that whole process (assuming you are conscious), someone can go back to the emergency vehicle with bolt cutters or EMT shears and cut off whatever is in their way. It is an emergency, after all, so time is of the essence. They know how much time the bolt cutters take to remove something. That's a known variable and they have one and only one priority, saving the victim's life.

They couldn't give a flying leap about anyone's chastity device or any other kinky apparatus. When in doubt, use tools. Tools save lives. Time kills.

Jenny.
That's pretty much what I thought! Are you able to tell us how you know this?

(The context is a running debate in the male chastity community regarding Emergency Keys. For many of us, this is a very practical issue. One line of thought says they are essential and it's irresponsible not to carry them. However, I suspect they make absolutely no difference in emergency situations as the paramedics will ignore them anyway.

As for consent, that's a nuanced issue. If wearing a chastity device outside the home is wrong because it might be exposed in an emergency, then how about piercings? At least a device can be explained away and doesn't look so shocking.)
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

I'll have to disagree, in general. If there's a key at hand and a pair of bolt cutters in the truck(and a rational person knows about both), the fastest, safest, and most reliable route by far is to use the key. That remains true is you happen to be packing the bolt cutters.

The small luggage locks generally used with CBT devices and slim collars, when applied, often don't leave enough access to open with an average bolt cutter. Emergency personnel are likely to carry cutters sized for large+ padlocks, which are hard to use in limited space. If you've used bolt cutters much, you know they often aren't set to close completely and won't shear a 1/8" OD shaft, especially since an unhardened small shaft will deform instead of snap. I think the second tool of choice would be a cordless tool with an abrasive cutting wheel, not cutters. But key first.

If you're saved by a tradesman, it might be two wrenches... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8154zT67I
Giles English

Post by Giles English »

OrgasmAlley wrote:I'll have to disagree, in general. If there's a key at hand and a pair of bolt cutters in the truck(and a rational person knows about both), the fastest, safest, and most reliable route by far is to use the key. That remains true is you happen to be packing the bolt cutters.

The small luggage locks generally used with CBT devices and slim collars, when applied, often don't leave enough access to open with an average bolt cutter. Emergency personnel are likely to carry cutters sized for large+ padlocks, which are hard to use in limited space. If you've used bolt cutters much, you know they often aren't set to close completely and won't shear a 1/8" OD shaft, especially since an unhardened small shaft will deform instead of snap. I think the second tool of choice would be a cordless tool with an abrasive cutting wheel, not cutters. But key first.

If you're saved by a tradesman, it might be two wrenches... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8154zT67I
Thanks! A good point.

I'm assuming they'd just cut the base ring of the chastity device - pull the penis out the back and there's plenty of room to snip to right and left of the tube.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

That would depend entirely on the nature of the device. Obviously, you're not referring to a single handcuff with a bent steel tube attached to it ;) You're probably correct if the "base" is something like a leather strap, not necessarily clear if it's a CB-6000 like device with a hard plastic ring of substantial size in each dimension... it could easily be challenging or risk additional damage to try cutting such a thing with shears, and bolt cutters would be impractical. A key remains clean and fast, if you know (or are led to believe) that key is handy. No one is going to think "I wonder if the key to this is on the guys key ring" and go search your pockets for it, of course.

All of this assumes there's an actual pressing medical need to remove the device. I can guarantee that EMTs are not going to bother to remove something (nor, for that matter, are they likely to encounter it) if there isn't such a need. They're not going to remove it because it might cause problems with a possible future x-ray, anymore than they'll remove all of your clothing and put you in a gown in the absence of a medical need to do so right then. The emergency room is a far better place to get something off, if it needs to come off for a task required in the emergency room.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

OrgasmAlley wrote:That would depend entirely on the nature of the device.
That's the guts: they'll do whatever - if anything - that's necessary to rescue and/or treat you. What they won't do is care about what damage they do to your toy in the process - that's on you. If you've got an easily available key and you're in a position to arrange to obtain it with minimal disruption to your treatment, do so - it'll save everyone time.

But if you just want to get your toys off is just to save embarrassment, that's your problem. Let them do their job.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

OrgasmAlley wrote:it might cause problems with a possible future x-ray
:idea: :idea: :idea: I wonder what a chastity device would do in an MRI... :rofl:

Jenny.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

bound_jenny wrote: I wonder what a chastity device would do in an MRI...
!!!

I guess it depends on which direction the device (assuming it's metal) goes on its way to the MRI magnets. But I'm thinking that the word "pretty" is unlikely to be used in the subsequent news story (and inquiry).
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Ask no more...
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technolog ... al-4613404
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoples ... 0-000.html
this one looks fake, but I'll post it...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/23/well ... -harm.html

I use neodymium magnets, and hurt myself (the bad way - no kink...) a few times...

Have fun, keep Your privates attached...
f4
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

bound_jenny wrote: :idea: :idea: :idea: I wonder what a chastity device would do in an MRI... :rofl:

Jenny.
Assuming a metal device, either the whole thing becomes an UFO or else you'll end up with a very well fried sausage and two hard boiled eggs. :shock:
Given we're talking of the male version, obviously.
Otherwise the sentence "She looks hot" ought to be taken seriously!

Strong magnetic fields can be so much fun when interfering with alternating ones... :mrgreen:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

bound_jenny wrote:
OrgasmAlley wrote:it might cause problems with a possible future x-ray
:idea: :idea: :idea: I wonder what a chastity device would do in an MRI... :rofl:

Jenny.
Better hope it is as stainless as advertised
(As in nonmagnetic)
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

At the very least you'd be pointing north when you have a woodie...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jenny.