Do paramedics bother with keys or reach for boltcutters?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Blacky

Re: Do paramedics bother with keys or reach for boltcutters?

Post by Blacky »

ponylady wrote:...
Better hope it is as stainless as advertised
(As in nonmagnetic)
That wouldn't help either, as the radio-frequency magnetic field would induce electric current, that would create a (small, but existent) magnetic field that again would interact with the very strong magnetic field of the main coils. :twisted:
bound_jenny wrote:At the very least you'd be pointing north when you have a woodie...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jenny.
:facepalm: :mrgreen:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

bound_jenny wrote:
:idea: :idea: :idea: I wonder what a chastity device would do in an MRI... :rofl:

Jenny.
If its plastic with just a small brass lock the answer might actually be: "Not much at all" surprisingly. Small non-magnetic objects don't really interact with the main field of the device much, though they might heat up under the influence of the resonance coils though as they produce a variable magnetic field that can induce a current. Small objects are not usually the problem.

Larger non-magnetic objects would get more induced current and heat up more too. If it's a magnetic metal variety I don't think you'd ever have to worry about chastity devices again... :mrgreen:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Actually, the biggest question is this: how much of an emergency is it? If you are concious and there is no immediate danger, and you tell them you have a key, they will use the key.

But if there is a serious situation where they must act fast, they will only talk to you to make sure how your reaction is. If there's blood anywhere and they need to act, they will not hesitate and use bolt cutters or other equipment to get it off of you, given they actually need to be in that area.

If you wear a chastity cage, get in an accident and your arm is seriously hurt, they will not bother with a chastity cage if they don't have to. But if there's a problem with your member and the chastity cage can be a problem if not removed quickly, they will not bother with keys unless it is by far quicker than to use tools. That would mean you would have the key practically in your hand or around your neck. But an EMT will more likely think: this is a chastity device, the chance of the victim to also have the key is very unlikely. But if you yell, I have a key around my neck, they will likely try to rip off the key from your neck quickly, and if that doesn't work... well if they have bolt cutters quicker, they'll use that on the device.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Giles English

Post by Giles English »

Summing Up

Most of the above seems to be "informed speculation". However, the picture seems to be:

In case of an emergency where access to the genitals is needed, an emergency key will do you no good: paramedics will go straight in with bolt cutters or whatever. Otherwise, they won't find your chastity device and would ignore anyway. However, you may subsequently need to remove the device, e.g. for scans or catheter. At this point, having an emergency key will save you the embarrassment of having to bring the matter up in calmer circumstances with staff you may end up seeing a lot of.

So an emergency key will do you no good in an ambulance, but a lot of good in a hospital.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

if it s an emergency enough to call paramedics and they need to get to my package I am not going to be worrying about how they do it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Ouch,,, :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fireproof protection sheets, cooling water, and a big-ass angle grinder.

No wonder they sedated him! :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

OUCH
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

One is forced to wonder how he got that on?

Good to know there's a grading system for penile strangulation injuries. :-)
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Far and away the worst thing there is this:

"Wu et al. described a challenging case of a larger thick metallic ring causing constriction for over 48hours5. They described a three step technique involving aspiration under general anaesthesia similar to a Winter’s procedure using a 16 gauge trucut biopsy gun. Secondly, ribbon gauze was strapped around the ring in four quadrants to apply traction. Finally the penis and scrotum were serially strapped to reduce oedema and subsequently the lubricated ring was pulled off."

PLEASE cut it off me! I'll skip the aspiration with biopsy gun. Heck, go grab some leeches ;)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

OrgasmAlley wrote:PLEASE cut it off me! I'll skip the aspiration with biopsy gun. Heck, go grab some leeches ;)
I'll take option D, not put in on there in the first place, thank you very much :rofl: (This also reaffirms my signature theory though...)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Tightening the nuts...
:rofl:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-43147991
Newport fire crew cut spanner from man's genitals at A&E
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:Tightening the nuts...
:rofl:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-43147991
Newport fire crew cut spanner from man's genitals at A&E
A&E... Arts & Entertainment? I knew they did some artsy stuff but isn't that pushing it a tad? :mrgreen:
If you're using tools, make sure you're handling as the manufacturer recommends.
Since when has that stopped anyone? :lol:
a man who took tightening nuts to a new level
Will he be dancing the Nutcracker, too? :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
gasket3

Post by gasket3 »

Evening,

My first post of what i hope will be many !!

As a full time fireman, i can say paramedics dont carry bolt croppers, and call us to come to the job to remove anything!! :D
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

gasket3 wrote:Evening,

My first post of what i hope will be many !!

As a full time fireman, i can say paramedics dont carry bolt croppers, and call us to come to the job to remove anything!! :D
:hi:
Welcome aboard.

I’m not sure whether your confidence makes me feel safe or worried?
:shock:

Try not to move, I’ll snip that thing in a jiffy...
Attachments
C755142D-6CE9-4A5F-A863-35B9C8E126AF.jpeg
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~