"Spiked shoes": Anyone tried this thing?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
vladocc

"Spiked shoes": Anyone tried this thing?

Post by vladocc »

You can find page called "Shoespikes" in Basics.
Anyone tried this thing? I want to get some feedback of your experience.
Because I were really sceptic and tried it only for testing.
Results is: I can stand up on my feet, but can not make any movements at all.
And some of the spikes stucked in my feet already.
Last edited by Sir Cumference on 05 Jan 2018, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Headline improvement
KinkInSpace

Re: Spiked shoes

Post by KinkInSpace »

For reference, its about this page: http://www.boundanna.com/html/en_tech_shoespikes.html

Yeah, this seems a bit hard to do and it really depends on the shoes how well this works. I think the digging into the feet is actually part of this session. Therefor, they suggest to use cartboard between the spikes and the tape so that only little points come out and it is not that severe.

I personally would not even think about doing this. Its just not suitable. I would fill my shoes with small rocks, rice or other blunt objects and it will be a far better system. The above is definitely designed to either cause pain or ensure that one simply can't walk and have to keep their feet off the ground.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
vladocc

Re: Spiked shoes

Post by vladocc »

Slave_L wrote: Yeah, this seems a bit hard to do and it really depends on the shoes how well this works. I think the digging into the feet is actually part of this session. Therefor, they suggest to use cartboard between the spikes and the tape so that only little points come out and it is not that severe.
Ywah, cardboard. But we know that A = F * S. And cardboaards from this view changes nothing and only negotiates digging into the feet.
Slave_L wrote: I personally would not even think about doing this. Its just not suitable. I would fill my shoes with small rocks, rice or other blunt objects and it will be a far better system. The above is definitely designed to either cause pain or ensure that one simply can't walk and have to keep their feet off the ground.
No. You must walk with this: http://www.boundanna.com/html/en_misc_h ... aints.html
maglock

Re: "Spiked shoes": Anyone tried this thing?

Post by maglock »

I tried putting lego bricks in a pair of walking boots and zip tieing them on, I then had to walk to reach the cutters!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I once taped drawing pins (thumb tacks) into the heels of a pair of heavy tramping (hiking) boots, much as that pic shows. Since only the heel was spiked, as long as weight could be kept off them, the spikes would not dig in, but that meant standing on the balls of my feet, and not rocking back onto my heels, else ouch!

Then I managed to tie myself in a standing position, unable to put wieight on the tie, or drop to my knees or otherwise relieve my feet. The boots were stiff, so I couldn't go point my feet either - with feet almost flat on the floor, just off the spikes, the maximum stress got put on them.

And I, uh, misjudged the tie a bit, Took half an hour or so to work my way out, My calf muscles were wrecked from fatigue I was walking a bit funny for the next couple of days...
wayneheidlebaugh

Post by wayneheidlebaugh »

That is something I would never try. Being locked in high heels is bad enough. Health experts advise aginst it. Do not try it if you have foot fungus. The fungus can
enter the blood stream through the wounds and couse major health issues.
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

I dunno... Puncturing my feet seems like a terrible idea. So many bad things can come from that and not merely the pain and discomfort at the time.

You want pain and discomfort without actually puncturing the skin. Lego bricks, rocks and other non-piercing items seem to be the way to go.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'd note that in the scene I wrote up above, my feet did not get punctured. Occasionally there was enough pressure to cause discomfort, but it was to the thick part of my heels - you can push a pin quite a long way before it actually breaks the skin.

If I'd lost control and put my full weight on the pins, I'm fairly sure they would have pierced the skin. I'm not totally sure about that, but it hurt enough to roll even partly back on my heels that I wasn't going to test it, since the point of the scene was to create a stress position, with consequences if it wasn't maintained. It wasn't to cause actual injury.

It was also a risk - one that increased as the scene progressed and calf muscles started to complain. I was quite worried that the point where they would no longer be able to support my weight would come before i could escape. I'll also note that this was over twenty years ago and ... well you live and learn.

The "walking funny" was entirely due to strained calf muscles that took a couple of days before they worked properly again. There was no noticeable damage to my feet.

The shoe spikes scenario doesn't require that you be forced to stand for extended periods as this scene did. As the scenario suggests, adding some incompressible material (e.g. cardboard) would leave less of the pins exposed - if you want to avoid puncture wounds, you want the exposed length to be as far as you can push the pin into your soles without breaking the skin (which as noted is actually pretty far) but still inflicting unbearable pain. You could file the ends of the pins round too (they're usually not particularly sharp), or use different materials, e.g. those spiked disks used on Shakti mats. Lego seems a bit bulky to me, but if it works...