Monoglove help

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
CancerIsReal50

Monoglove help

Post by CancerIsReal50 »

So I was thinking of buying a monoglove but I'm pretty sure I couldn't fit it in my current state. I've recently started doing some shoulder exercises to increase my flexibility but I'm not sure if I'm doing well. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Will I be able to fit a (not too) tight armbinder one day? I'm not fat, nor am I as flexible as a girl though. What should I be doing?
lj

Re: Monoglove help

Post by lj »

putting on my 'elf-n-safety hat' a monoglove is quite difficult to put on yourself, but if you succeed, it will be a bit like a good sleep-sack - you need to very carefully plan your escape.

There is a danger that with too much enthusiasm you may tighten it to the point of straining muscles or even dislocating the shoulders, and then you would be in serious trouble.

From experience with a good sleepsack, it's great fun (if you like that sort of thing - I do ! ) but I'd only use one with a partner. Apart from anything else, they will make sure it is really tight and restrictive :gag: :D I haven't tried a monoglove but I suspect I am now not flexible enough :(
be a switch, double the fun :-)
smelt

Post by smelt »

A regular monoglove armbinder for self-bondage would be tough. I am not real flexible, either, and there is no way I could put our leather one on by myself, and even less way to get out of it. It is one of the hardest pieces of gear we have for me to wear. As for exercises, I wish I knew. I can't do much more than 30 minutes in ours, and it takes her 20 to put it on me tightly. So it isn't used that often. If I could loosen my shoulders, maybe I could go longer in it.

Bondage webbing has a self-bondage "armbinder harness" It looks like it would give the same effect, only your arms are buckled together with pull straps. They seem to have quite a few selfbondage items, I haven't tried their products, I tend to make my own webbing gear. A couple simple 2" nylon flip lock buckles and a length of webbing would make a fairly escape-able version, for less than 10 dollars. With the flip locks, you can open them up against something solid (like a doorknob) fairly easy. Shut the loose end in a door to pull it tight. I usually use duct tape on all my webbing, so I don't have to sew or rivet anything til I am good and happy with the size and shape of it.
occorics

Post by occorics »

Have a look for 'bolero armbinder'. It encloses the shoulders and is closed with a zipper. It's not very tight and i can wear it comfortably for an hour or so.
Getting in and out is easy, just take some cord and tie a loop to the slider (not the handle, they can break of on the cheap versions). With a bit of practice you can hook the loop to a door-handle and move the zipper up or down (without the straps around the wrists and elbows of course).
As a safety measure, i have removed the stopper from the closed end of the zipper, where the hands are, so i could rip it open if i need to.
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Armbinders/monogloves come in a lot of different varieties, some more restrictive than others. I don't think there is any way to get a tight one on yourself alone. There's just too much awkward angles and bending required. The loose versions are probably doable like occorics suggests.

As for training, well, this basically means practice, practice, practice. But unless you are below about 16 to 17 (in which case you shouldn't even be here) I doubt you will gain much range of motion. It might make it a bit more comfortable though. The problem with a tight monoglove is that unless you can actually bend your arms in the correct position freely you can't FORCE them into that position, because doing so puts a lot of strain in places where the nerves can get easily pinched and damaged (near the elbow, just below and above, the nerves are very exposed) This is one of the notorious places for nerve-damage to occur when not paying attention. So be careful.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*