My self Bondage Chair (with pictures!)

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
maglock

My self Bondage Chair (with pictures!)

Post by maglock »

I built my latest self-bondage chair a year or two ago and thought I would share on the forum just in case anyone is interested. This is my third or fourth iteration.
This is designed for "strict" self-bondage with a timer and electromagnets restraints. It also has various safety features.
The chair itself is a highly reclined cart seat mounted within a wooden frame to which I have added a foot rest with straps and a 6-point seat-belt.
This seat and position I find very comfortable.
The chair keeps me immobilised and so far has proved to be inescapable once properly locked in. It gives me a great feeling of immobility while being comfortable.
When getting into the chair, I first fasten up the 4 leg straps, these keep my legs in place. I then apply the 6 point seat-belts to keep my torso in place, I keep these loose to begin with while I apply the other elements. I put a pair of earbuds into my ears through which I normally listen to DI.FM trance channel though I sometimes also use white noise. After the ear buds I put on a motorcycle helmet with a blacked out visor after which I cannot see anything. I will normally cover my body and the chair with a blanket. Next I pull the seat-belts nice and tight and then slip my hands into the aluminium arm restraints. The arm restraints consist of a fixed elbow loop and a wrist loop which slides up and down through a slot in the arm rests. There is a maglock under each of the wrist restraints so when the wrist restraints are in their lowered position they rest on the magnet.
Once I am all strapped in and comfortable I just press the "start" button which starts a 30 second timer just to make sure I am comfortable and ready for the session and then the maglocks switch on to lock down the wrist restraints. At this point I am helplessly bound and am now at the mercy of my timer!
I have designed this chair to be as safe as possible while still giving me a helplessly bound experience. My main safety feature is that the maglocks are powered by 12v battery with enough charge to give about 3 hours of "locked" time from a full charge. Should my timer fail then the battery running flat will release me.
Another safety feature is a "dorgard" unit which I keep in another room, this unit is designed to hold open fire doors however I am using it to keep a push to make switch held down between the battery and the restraints. This unit will release if it hears an alarm and will be triggered by either the fire alarm or the intruder alarm. I mainly added this as the intruder alarm has had a few false alarms, so if one happens in a session, I don't end up having to use my emergency release (see below).
A final safety feature is the emergency release button which is a button within reach though protected by a cover to prevent accidental pressing, It is actually a DPDT rocker switch positioned such that I can only easily switch it one way and need a tool to reset it. If this is pressed it switches off the magnets but also triggers a "paint bomb" which basically splatters paint everywhere and makes one hell of a mess which means I won't be using it unless I feel like I am about to die.
I use an Arduino board and a relay board to manage the timing.
Attachments
cuff2.jpg
bed4.jpg
bed3.jpg
bed2.jpg
bed1.jpg
Last edited by maglock on 24 Nov 2017, 23:02, edited 2 times in total.
maglock

Re: My self Bondage Chair (with pictures!)

Post by maglock »

2 more pictures, of the wrist restraint loop attached to the magnet plate and also the dorgard unit.
Attachments
dorgard1.jpg
cuff1.jpg
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Nice!

I really like how you have combined "escape proof" with "safe to use" and redundant safety.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
maglock

Post by maglock »

One thing I forgot to mention is that once the timer elapses, the restraints do not release automatically, but rather I have to press the button to release myself, however if I press the button too early, instead of releasing, it adds some extra mins onto the timer!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Very nice! Looks comfy too. 8)
maglock wrote:if I press the button too early, instead of releasing, it adds some extra mins onto the timer!
You even built in some evil. Even better... :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Looks very comfy.
[
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Good work! I will have to copy your idea.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
maglock

Post by maglock »

Riddle wrote:Good work! I will have to copy your idea.
I'd love to see the result :)
I made the wrist restraints from 20mm x 2mm aluminium bar which can be bought from ebay or some hardware stores. It bends quite easily by hand with the aid of a vice and a hammer to form the sharp bends at the bottom. As you maybe able to tell from the pictures, the tightness of the wrist restraints can be fine-tuned by adding/removing washers on the bolt between the wrist restraint loop and the armature plate. I currently have it set tight enough to make it impossible to squeeze my hand out but not too tight to risk affecting circulation.
The magnets I use I got from eBay, they are similar to this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OWSOO-Electr ... SwqbxZ7det The ones I have consume about 6w of power when powered on. The battery I use is similar to this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-3300mAh- ... Sw9r1WBBEu Note that most re-chargeable batteries do not like being totally flattened and flattening them can substantially shorten their life so using the battery going flat as your primary release is not recommended.
The most expensive part of the set-up was probs the dorgard which cost about $80 used off ebay. For the electronically savy it's probs quite easy to make something yourself which does a similar job for less however I chose the dorgard as it's ready made, tried and tested, pretty much plug and play device.
Actually the seat is probs the most expensive part if you was building from new, the one I am using is one I bought used years ago for not a lot and appears to be no longer made. Looking around on the internet it looks like the nearest thing available today is the Tillett W3 seat however it's not cheap! I find having a moulded contoured seat which is comfortable with minimal padding important for the feeling. The seat I have has a spine channel moulded in to keep pressure off the spine. I use about 5mm thickness of padding which feels nice.
maglock

Post by maglock »

For anyone who is interested, here is the Aurduino code:
The relays for the right and left wrist cuffs are connected to pins 2 and 3 (you could just as easily use a single pin and one relay for both cuffs), pin 13 is an indicator LED
A push to break button mounted within reach is connected to pin 6 and used to start the session and release after the time has elapsed. This code is currently configured for a 30 min session time, with a 5 min penalty for pressing the release button too early. You can easily customise these times to your own desires. If I want a longer session, I just press the start button, then once locked in I press the button the required number of times to add however much time I want, 6 presses would give an hour for example.

Code: Select all

long lLockDelayTime=30000;
long lReleaseTime=1800000;
long lLastPress=0;
long lLockTime=0;
int iState=0;
//0=idle
//1=delay
//2=locked

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT); 
  pinMode(2, OUTPUT); 
  pinMode(3, OUTPUT); 

pinMode(6, INPUT_PULLUP);
  //set relays to off
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);
  digitalWrite(2, LOW);
  digitalWrite(3, LOW);
}

void loop() {

//ultimate safety, release after 120 mins
  if(millis()>7200000){
    //relays off
    digitalWrite(2, LOW);
    digitalWrite(3, LOW);
    digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
    delay(3600000);
  }

//is button pressed
  if(digitalRead(6)==HIGH){
    //if idle, start delay timer
    if(iState==0){
      //start delay
      lLastPress=millis();
      iState=1;
    } else if(iState==2) {
      //locked
      if(millis()>lLockTime+lReleaseTime){
        //release!
        iState=0;
        //relays off
        digitalWrite(13, LOW);
        digitalWrite(2, LOW);
        digitalWrite(3, LOW);
      } else {
        //too soon for release add punishment time
        lReleaseTime=lReleaseTime+300000;
      }
    }
    //delay to allow button to be released
    delay(2000);
  }

if(iState==1 && millis()>lLastPress+lLockDelayTime){
    //lock!
    iState=2;
    digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
    digitalWrite(2, HIGH);
    digitalWrite(3, HIGH);
    lLockTime=millis();
  }
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

maglock wrote:
Riddle wrote:Good work! I will have to copy your idea.
I'd love to see the result :)
I made the wrist restraints from 20mm x 2mm aluminium bar which can be bought from ebay or some hardware stores. It bends quite easily by hand with the aid of a vice and a hammer to form the sharp bends at the bottom. As you maybe able to tell from the pictures, the tightness of the wrist restraints can be fine-tuned by adding/removing washers on the bolt between the wrist restraint loop and the armature plate. I currently have it set tight enough to make it impossible to squeeze my hand out but not too tight to risk affecting circulation.
The magnets I use I got from eBay, they are similar to this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OWSOO-Electr ... SwqbxZ7det The ones I have consume about 6w of power when powered on. The battery I use is similar to this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-3300mAh- ... Sw9r1WBBEu Note that most re-chargeable batteries do not like being totally flattened and flattening them can substantially shorten their life so using the battery going flat as your primary release is not recommended.
The most expensive part of the set-up was probs the dorgard which cost about $80 used off ebay. For the electronically savy it's probs quite easy to make something yourself which does a similar job for less however I chose the dorgard as it's ready made, tried and tested, pretty much plug and play device.
Actually the seat is probs the most expensive part if you was building from new, the one I am using is one I bought used years ago for not a lot and appears to be no longer made. Looking around on the internet it looks like the nearest thing available today is the Tillett W3 seat however it's not cheap! I find having a moulded contoured seat which is comfortable with minimal padding important for the feeling. The seat I have has a spine channel moulded in to keep pressure off the spine. I use about 5mm thickness of padding which feels nice.
You could probably replace the dorgard and button with a single 12V car relay with NO contacts (cost, about 5 bucks for a 40 amp relay and another 5 for a proper socket. Or a buck for spade connectors). Battery dies, relay opens, you get released. Just make sure the relay contactors are rated for enough DC current, because some of them don't like high current DC and can weld themselves shut. A set of car headlight relays should work great though.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
estimtom

Post by estimtom »

Wow amazing work
estimtom

Post by estimtom »

Hi
What arduino kit and extras did you use ?
maglock

Post by maglock »

I used an Audrino nano board, mainly as that is what I had laying around. I plugged the nano board into a screw shield to make it easier to connecting/disconnecting devices to it.
Extras were a 12v 4 channel relay board (though I only used two channels so far, but I may added some extra devices later :) ) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Channel-12 ... 0677.m4598
The 12v battery (see earlier post for link) + charger + RC car battery connector
The two maglocks (see earlier link)
A generic push to break switch for the start button (could use push to make and reverse the logic in the code above)
Lots of 2 core wire and screw connector blocks.
A dorgard unit + a generic push to make switch (optional, not necessarily needed), I mounted the dorgard unit to a scrap of particle board
A DPDT rocker switch for the emergency release
The "Mess maker" for the emergency release punishment I made using a model train set I had, basically I put a piece of track on a shelf, and then wired the track to the emergency release button, I then put the locomotive and a flat carriage on the track and then a container of paint/ink/oil etc on the flat carriage so that when the track is powered on, the train will drive forward off the end of the track and off the edge of the shelf and dump the container of messy liquid on whatever is below! The mess maker is not controlled by the Audrino and is triggered by the switch directly.