The mind of the self bondager

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
furiousmax

Re: The mind of the self bondager

Post by furiousmax »

For me when it comes to self bondage, it's a rush unlike much else. There is very little else besides me in my own little world in that moment. And in that moment I'm not submissive, quite the opposite, I feel like I've put myself in a bad (fubar) situation that I could die in. While I take the proper precautions, that mindset makes me want to get free more than anything in life. A "fight for survival" and for me that is what revs my engine so to speak.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

From a pharmacology therapeutic stand point, bondage can serve as a stimulant drug, or as a relaxant. I have used it for both, but never exactly in direct response to vanilla stimuli. (If confusing, please refer to this thread) http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 022#p86022
Always for reasons all my own. It used to mildly disturb me that after my death, when my objects are found, that people will try to draw some kind of conclusion about why I did what I did, that is, if they put 2 and 2 together. There just is no answer they would understand. But what if I were caught? What would I say? No one could ever have me committed, as my vanilla existence was always a sane one, albeit a unique one. :roll: I doubt I would ever find myself explaining it to a therapist, but even if I did, I would probably mimic an explanation I heard in some movie, so they can pin a label on me and we all move on.
Moved a bit off topic there, I would say that my vanilla and kinky existences have come to an understanding, without the need for a restraining order. I feel I have all of you to thank for that. A time and a place for this, and an opportunity to serve, as is my nature.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

arkane wrote:What does the self bondager think when studying new ways to make him/herself helpless? Is selfbondage practice a submissive state of mind? or a dominant one, a mischievous way to torment a victim (oneself)? Or neither?
It's very much a mental exercise.

I consider how something will make me MORE helpless if it were applied by someone else.
I consider how less effective it will be if applied myself. How I can make it more effective while still being able to escape it.
I consider all the possible escape methods and levels of difficulty for each one because sometimes you want something relatively easy to escape from (while still feeling secure) and sometimes you want something that will take a lot of effort.

When considering a new bondage, I consider how I'd like to be tormented by my kidnapper/wife. I will frequently dream up some elaborate scenario.
I consider it in the context of being kidnapped but also in the context of being caught playing selfbondage games.

Personally, I'm always in a submissive state of mind when it comes to bondage. I do like to do the tying but I absolutely LOVE being tied.
ncait

Post by ncait »

In my case, it is entirely submissive mind. I seek the feeling of being helpless and unable to do anything. This, for me is a very relaxing state of mind. For me selfbondage borders on meditative because of the bliss I feel while helpless. When designing scenarios, I look for ways to increase the helplessness and make it harder to prolong the relaxation
And with the click of the lock, she knew she had found true freedom.
arkane

Post by arkane »

Thanks for the answers....