Did anyone try the Self Bondage Box Tie from Bondagewebbing?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Triplestar

Did anyone try the Self Bondage Box Tie from Bondagewebbing?

Post by Triplestar »

I recently stumbled upon a banner on fetlife and wondered wether or not the thing could be used safely. To me it looks like it should not be impossable to escape from it if you really try and i also see the risk of accidentaly making it to tight.

Did anyone here try it?
Jadit

Re: Did anyone try the Self Bondage Box Tie from Bondagewebb

Post by Jadit »

It looks secure. You can possibly tighten all the straps by yourself, and then pull the wrist strap last. When tightened, you can't reach the locking mechanism with your fingers at all, so getting out is the hard part. With some luck you may be able to press it against some table corner or door handle while wiggling with arms, as i it looks like sort of buckle that loosens when you lift up. You can likely test just the wrist part "somewhat safely" alone too, if you don't tighten the other body straps at all. You must be able to loosen it quite a bit, remembering that you can't move elbows outwards at all when doing it the real way.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Can't speak for the product, but those ratcheting webbing buckles are usually pretty easy to undo if you can get them hooked on a table corner or something. The page for another one of their products actually suggests this: https://www.bondagewebbing.com/collecti ... ly-webbing

I'm not sure I'd want to rely on that too much (although I'll admit that I have), as there's the risk of the webbing folding over and jamming in the buckle.

And it'll depend on how flexible you are, but I've always found box ties (like the common shibari "TK") with a single, loose wrist tie to be fairly easy to wriggle out of.
Morn

Post by Morn »

I brought the materials and tried to make a harness like this myself. My webbing was too narrow and it's uncomfortable but as long as you can get your back close to a corner it is easy to open. But at least for selfbondage that means that you have to stay mobile. Even if you get it too tight it won't stop you from opening because you only have to move your upper body/feet.

But I agree that the box tie version can be easy to wiggle out of without a strap over the chest.