Electronic timer lock: Someone tried it yet?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
ruru67

Re: Electronic timer lock: Someone tried it yet?

Post by ruru67 »

Gregovic wrote:If you want it to be silent, just snip one of the green wires going to the buzzer. That'll do it.
I'd like the beep to be quieter - a soft pip to tell you something is happening would be nice, but the buzzer is obnoxiously loud.

There's a hole for the sound to come out on the back, and just covering it makes a difference. Poking a piece of wire through the hole and into the buzzer itself quietens it down a lot. I suspect that filling the buzzer with glue will get it so that it's polite without shutting it up completely.

But killing the buzzer completely by chopping a wire to or removing it completely is also an option.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

A blob of blu-tak over the buzzer will reduce the sound - adjust the size of the blob to get the desired volume.
Shin

Post by Shin »

Okee, couple of weeks later, I used the locks 5 times. They did not fail on me yet. I am really annoyed by the sound. I sprayed some regular everyday glue in the holes where the sound comes from and it silenced the locks quite a bit. The sounds were at the level of an digital alarm clock, now they are a lot quieter and almost not hearable through a door. The motor still works, I've tested for that.

I'd really recommend these little devils. :love:
Shin

Post by Shin »

Welp, I just killed them both. Little bit too much glue in the hole caused the display to fail. I opened them up, but couldn't get them to work again..
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Shin wrote:Welp, I just killed them both. Little bit too much glue in the hole caused the display to fail. I opened them up, but couldn't get them to work again..
What sort of glue did you use? I had in mind shoving some epoxy or something into the hole with a toothpick, possibly leaving the end of the toothpick in place to damp the buzzer mechanically.

I wouldn't have used any kind of glue that could be sprayed...
Shin

Post by Shin »

I used some simple craft glue. The sounds were muffled, but I think the glue spilled through and caused shortening of the display.
MiniMimi

Post by MiniMimi »

Hi, I've been lurking on this forum for awhile. But I saw this and wanted to ask what the packaging was like? Aliexpress says its discreet but I have roommates so I wanted to make sure. :P Thanks!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

MiniMimi wrote:Hi, I've been lurking on this forum for awhile. But I saw this and wanted to ask what the packaging was like? Aliexpress says its discreet but I have roommates so I wanted to make sure. :P Thanks!
Depends on the seller, but mine came in small individual boxes, wrapped in foam inside a sturdy black plastic bag. No way to tell what was in them. The customs declaration just sais electronic locks or something.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

MiniMimi wrote:Hi, I've been lurking on this forum for awhile. But I saw this and wanted to ask what the packaging was like? Aliexpress says its discreet but I have roommates so I wanted to make sure. :P Thanks!
Chinese sellers don't waste money on packaging, so it's discreet simply by virtue of being cheap. They want to get the goods to you cheaply and in good order, not look fancy. ("Branding" being a largely Western affectation.) Customs declarations tend to be terse and generic - "Toy", "jacket" et c. (They're also in the habit of putting low values on the customs declarations to be sure of getting under tax/duty thresholds.)

As to that particular product, my experience is the same as Gregovic's - they come in small corrugated cardboard boxes, in a black plastic mailing envelope - there might have been some internal padding, I don't remember, but fairly typical of such packaging.
sweh

Post by sweh »

Today I learn that my balls are too large to fit through the closed lock... so now I've got an hour with my balls separated by these timelocks.
repe68

Post by repe68 »

I got my lock wrapped around my balls and then locked it. The wire wants to cut a little, should put something on it.
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

I am disappointed to read that these are not high enough quality to be secure. I am looking at building a pillory / stockade / spanking bench type device to secure myself. This would have been a good locking solution.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

CD Tammy wrote:I am disappointed to read that these are not high enough quality to be secure. I am looking at building a pillory / stockade / spanking bench type device to secure myself. This would have been a good locking solution.
Well, if you're using a locking hasp of some sort, where the lock prevents the hasp from being unlatched rather than directly holding the stock closed, it should be fine. Without tools, you're not getting into it, and if it's at the edge of your reach, you're not going to be able to put any real force on it.
natq

Post by natq »

Mine just arrived.
Can confirm that it came in the usual black plastic bag.
Customs declaration was "Toys" and two chinese characters.
Inside was a gray cardboard box that has "Timer Lock" printed on it along with a picture.

The beeper is indeed a bit loud.
I'll eventually open mine up and put a piece of tape over the beeper opening to make it quieter.

Fun times ahead. :D
gogglestars2

Post by gogglestars2 »

Underneath the plastic cover/bezel, there's a hole to the left side of the display. If you put a conductive thing in it, like a small screwdriver or thick piece of metal, you can reset the timer to 0. This will not unlock it, but you can then set the timer back to 1 minute, or something, then start the timer again.

Do not hold the release button down while the motor is running, or you may have issues. Chip will think it's locked when it isn't, or isn't locked when it is.

It's not amazingly secure, but secure enough that if you're locked to something sturdy, you'll need tools to get out. Set it up so you can't smash the lock against something, and you can't reach tools, and you'll either be stuck, or you're strong enough to get out of most anything that isn't overbuilt.

Goes without saying, "have a backup release" for these.