Electronic timer lock: Someone tried it yet?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
ruru67

Re: Electronic timer lock: Someone tried it yet?

Post by ruru67 »

n4ge wrote: I've had two locks fail this way, neither under strenuous use :wink: Seems they've used hot glue to join metal to metal - best guess is all these locks will eventually fail.
Um, what kind of load were you putting on them? I wouldn't use them for anything more than closing a hasp or locking buckle; they're clearly not designed to take load, e.g. joining cuffs that are going to get struggled against.

If yo do need to do that, look at U-shackles. Most have a hole in the end of the pin through which you can thread the lock cable. Then run the end through the closed shackle and lock it, preventing the pin from being unscrewed enough to release it. Use two shackles and locks with a bit of chain between them to give yourself redundancy and room to work the shackle pins.

Alternatively, lock the cuffs separately with the time locks (again, one for each cuff gives you some redundancy), and use regular padlocks between the cuffs.
alex bound

Post by alex bound »

EVERYBODY, to silence all beeps, simply set the timer to zero (hold left and right buttons) hold the middle button until you hear a beep. The sound is now disabled. Do this anytime, including in the middle of a session. To turn sound back on, hold the middle button again and listen for the beep. Personally, I like the 5 beep countdown, followed by the whir of the motor, especially when locking a gag strap, or using 2 shoe strap locks. Don't get it wet, and if the battery runs out, just press the buttons to wake it up, set for 1 minute, start, run it down, and press the unlock. These batteries are like cock roaches, don't really die unless repeatedly discharged, then they are dead as door nails. They always seem to revive some charge after a short idle rest, enough to start, run 1 minute, and unlock.
Still, I have had 1 that had a bad battery. Not as reliable as an ice lock, neater and faster.
Last edited by alex bound on 12 Dec 2018, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

alex bound wrote:EVERYBODY, to silence all beeps, simply set the timer to zero (hold left and right buttons) hold the middle button until you hear a beep. The sound is now disabled. Do this anytime, including in the middle of a session. To turn sound back on, hold the middle button again and listen for the beep. Personally, I like the 5 beep countdown, followed by the whir of the motor, especially when locking a gag strap, or using 2 shoe strap locks. Don't get it wet, and if the battery runs out, just press the buttons to wake it up, set for 1 minute, start, run it down, and press the unlock. These batteries are like cock roaches, don't really die unless repeatedly discharged, then they are dead as door nails. They always seem to revive some charge after a short idle rest, enough to start, run 1 minute, and unlock.
Still, I have had 1 that had a bad battery. Not as reliable as an ice lock, neater and faster.
This doesn't work on all of these locks. On the older type the sound can't be disabled, as mentioned in this thread earlier
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

alex bound wrote:Still, I have had 1 that had a bad battery. Not as reliable as an ice lock, neater and faster.
I'm up to three dead ones. None have failed in service, thankfully, but the major reasons for this are luck and relatively infrequent actual use. I'll still use 'em, but if it's in a situation where I'm tethered away from cutting tools, I'll use them in pairs in such a way that I still can get out if either one fails to unlock.
astrantia

Post by astrantia »

I have one of those padlocks now. I have been using it some, and since I'm fairly new to this, the feeling of being bound is enough to give me pleasure. Knowing that it's flimsy enough to break apart may change this feeling with time. But for the time being, I wanted to check how long the battery lasts, so I put it on one minute, and repeatedly locked it. I am now up to 115 cycles during a few days. The battery depletes by just lying there (when I had had it away for a month or more and took it out, I had to charge it), and it probably gets old with time and not keeping as much charge. But this is an indication, anyway: I can use it a lot over several weeks without having to charge it. It may be safer to charge it before each use, though.
astrantia

Post by astrantia »

Added data point: it took one hour to charge (from my computer's USB) after this. I don't know how long it took when it was depleted.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I have 6 of these, and have cut one open to learn its inner workings. I kind of wish it used a common battery, like a AAA. They don't use much power, just a clock and a simple motor that turns in 1 direction or the other as commanded.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Here is a consolidated review of these locks we did to help answer most questions.
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... erts+panel
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Rick72

Post by Rick72 »

I recently had a lock fail too, I thought I'd charged the battery but apparently not.
I use the electronic timerlock to keep the magnetic key from Segufix away from the magnetic locks. I was tied up in Segufix, from top to toe, and the wristrestraint had so little clearance, I could not get enough force on the timerlock to break it open.
All I could do was waiting for failsafe nr.2 to kick in, a similar timerlock on my other side and set 2 hours later.
(Un)fortunately my wife came home early, and although well aware of my kink, she was mad as hell at first, didn't allow me to get free until the storm had passed and she had locked me in a chastitycage she found in my bag.
On one end it turns me on like hell, on the other end she is still pissed and everytime I mention the cage she answers me "I thought you loved this stuff, deal with it!" and turns away.
It's been about two weeks now, and as long as I don't bring it up everything is more or less okay between us.
Bit worried how this will turn out....
Perhaps it will be a sweet memory in the future, but for now I can't say I am enjoying the experience.