How to Unlock Handcuffs Behind Your Back?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
AlexIsBound

How to Unlock Handcuffs Behind Your Back?

Post by AlexIsBound »

What is the easiest way to unlock handcuffs behind your back? It is very hard for me because I can not see the keyhole to put the key into.
Selfbondage... :gag:
Old Timer

Re: How to Unlock Handcuffs Behind Your Back?

Post by Old Timer »

Its the same for all of us I'm thinking. Different model handcuffs have the keyhole in different places. I like the peerless handcuffs because the keyhole is in the center of the cuff. The trick is knowing where the keyhole is for the handcuff you are using.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

If you do a session based on time, consider an ice lock and leather arm cuffs. You first put on the cuffs, lock them if you must, then put the ice lock to one of the arm cuffs, put your hands behind your back and using a padlock, secure the other hand to the ice lock.

Once the ice melted, the lock opens and you can move your arms any way you please, which will allow you to see the padlocks.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
niqabfan

Post by niqabfan »

depends on the model.
For hinged cuffs i think it's impossible to do alone.

For normal cuffs, ensure that the key holes of each wrist are opposite (one is up and the other is down) and keep try inserting the key until it works.

Do a test run yourself, it's not hard, but be careful in some situations where you are tired, it might get tougher to aim for the keyhole.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

AlexIsBound wrote:What is the easiest way to unlock handcuffs behind your back? It is very hard for me because I can not see the keyhole to put the key into.
There is no easy way, they are meant to restrict movement! I would add the usual warning about handcuffs, be very wary of hinge and rigid handcuffs, buy good quality Law enforcement approved models that double lock.

I would suggest investing in an extended key, a lot easier to manipulate.

Think through how you are bound, if you are simply locking your hands behind your back you should normally be able to get the key in even if the key hole is facing your elbows. But always try to have the keyhole towards your fingers If you pin your arms to your body or attach them to a waist chain, you will find it nearly impossible to reach the key hole if the hole is towards your elbows. If you read the threads relating to being stuck, you will quickly realise there are many risks with handcuffs even though they are easy to use and quick to apply.

Have fun and stay safe.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i nearly got stuck in a set of handcuffs before. i cuffed myself with the top of my wrists towards the chain, and it was nearly impossible to get the key into the hole. i had to hop to the bathroom so i could use the mirror to align the key with the hole. i had to hop because i tied my legs together too. was pretty nervous hoping (lightly mind you!) to the bathroom, even though it was right next to my room, since my dad was in the next room over. i managed to do it without him even knowing though!

if my elbows are not bound, i actually find it easier to have the key holes facing my elbows and then twist my arm around to the key hole.

i dont really use my handcuffs anymore, since they put alot of pressure on the wrists. i typically use my 2" wide steel shackles with padlocks. evens the pressure out alot, and is still inescapably secure without the key to the padlock. can be kinda fun to use a 3 digit combo lock on the shackles while your blindfolded. makes you work for your escape!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Maid_Lauren

Post by Maid_Lauren »

The Asp cuffs have key holes on both sides so you can't screw up by putting on hinged cuffs the wrong way. The Asp cuffs are the most comfortable, the S&W m-100 next and the Peerless last. The Peerless have a small key hole so it can be a problem unlocking then. The extended key helps.

I cut the chain on the Peerless and S&W cuffs and added a longer link. You can find them at hardware stores. Gives a little more room and makes finding the hole easier.

Notice where the key hole is when you put the first cuff on your wrist. I've had a few times where I couldn't get the key in the hole until I discovered I was on the wrong side.

Always have extra keys around.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

AlexIsBound wrote:What is the easiest way to unlock handcuffs behind your back?
Of course the easiest way is to get someone else to do it! :wink:
Of course as a Self Bondager this means someone else knowing about your hobby. :oops:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Practise with wrists in front of you or above your head, blindfolded. Before clicking the cuffs on, feel both of the keyholes with fingers so you know they face the right side. Also as usual, something in between cuffs and wrist. Metal on skin directly would cause pressure and marks.
chainmale1

Post by chainmale1 »

Think through how you are bound, if you are simply locking your hands behind your back you should normally be able to get the key in even if the key hole is facing your elbows. But always try to have the keyhole towards your fingers If you pin your arms to your body or attach them to a waist chain, you will find it nearly impossible to reach the key hole if the hole is towards your elbows. If you read the threads relating to being stuck, you will quickly realise there are many risks with handcuffs even though they are easy to use and quick to apply

I agree handcuffs and steel bondage has dangers, I had to rescue two friends who could not get the key, or had the handcuffs with the key holes facing up , be very careful using steel bondage,, if things don't go correctly you cant get free!
chainmale1
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

chainmale,please tell me you live in central Texas:)
chainmale1

Post by chainmale1 »

tiemeupalso wrote:chainmale,please tell me you live in central Texas:)
No I don't live near you, but I love the fact your into the bondage scene, I have loved bondage for 10 years now and have never found anything that stimulates me as much.
chainmale1
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

I have put a piece of electrical tape on the side that has the keyhole on both cuffs. It doesn't help me unlock them but it helps me find the right side to try and put the key when I am putting the cuffs on blindfolded or hooded.
dsteve

Post by dsteve »

I agree with everything said.
  • make sure you know which direction the keyhole is facing
    practice while cuffed in front
    don't make them fully tight until you know you can get out
    consider getting a pair with a longer chain
    get a longer, larger key
But, being hard is part of the fun of handcuffs. I like to make it even harder by wearing leather gloves. I have a long pair that covers my wrists. More comfortable but much harder to find the hole and manipulate the key.
Enjoy the struggle.
teather

Post by teather »

dsteve wrote: I like to make it even harder by wearing leather gloves. I have a long pair that covers my wrists. More comfortable but much harder to find the hole and manipulate the key.
Enjoy the struggle.
+1 on the gloves. Use a few wraps of thin tape over the gloves around each wrist too. Or... Stick tape along the length of your fingers then wrap some tape around each fingertip and knuckle joint before you put the gloves on for additional restriction in dexterity. Or, stick electrical tape over the keyholes, then tape on your gloves.