Cross-Pull Prusik Cinch

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
infami

Cross-Pull Prusik Cinch

Post by infami »

I haven't seen this particular knot mentioned anywhere and thought I'd bring it up. More tools = more creative fun!

http://imgur.com/a/uLo5j

It's well suited for scenarios where the forearms are held parallel across the the front or back of the body, with hands near the opposite arm's elbow.
It's very difficult to loosen. Your release should not depend on undoing this knot!
It's easy to tighten, but leaves your hands separated and unable to reach the knot.
lj

Re: Cross-Pull Prusik Cinch

Post by lj »

I've used the simple version of that knot - formed around another rope not fed into itself

in my case it was used with another one on a climbing rope - prussiking is a way of climbing up a standard climbing rope, you make the knot using a loop of much thinner rope, clip one loop to your harness, the lower loop is then used as a step for a foot. You slide the top loop up as far as you can, lean back in the harness and lift the lower loop up until you step up to put your foot in it, stand on that loop and slide the top loop up again, and so on. It's slow, but puts no strain on your hands - don't believe the films where some hero hand-over-hand climbs a 12mm diameter nylon rope, it requires an incredibly strong grip that is almost impossible to maintain for more then seconds, perhaps a minute at most (in my experience anyway).

Once tightened, the version shown would indeed be almost impossible to undo.
be a switch, double the fun :-)