Some thoughts

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
SharkTied

Some thoughts

Post by SharkTied »

So as noted in my intro post (and also see my sig) I'm primarily interested in what I've seen called 'sensual' self bondage. I'm mostly interested in the sensation of being bound or restrained and I don't really desire to set up anything that I literally cannot escape from until a timed lock or something similar goes off. My preference is restraints that feel like they're secure but are easy to escape from.

So given that, I'm here to explore this and have a few thoughts about ways to do so. As I said in my intro post I've mostly messed around with improvised stuff up to this point. One area where I'd like to improve is wrist restraints. We do have some handcuffs and they work OK (these are really basic and have the catch to easily disengage them without needing a key) but they can be uncomfortable in some positions especially if they're being pulled on (as in a hogtie).

What I'd like is something I can do with rope that meets two main (and related!) critera: easy to put on and escape from but feeling very secure and tight when it's on. If at all possible it's also ideal that I should be able to do that while already partially restrained.* I've done some looking around, here and on other sites, and haven't quite found what I'm after yet.

I did find a method on the LikeRa site that mostly works OK and will probably become a "go to" for me. This involves starting off with a longer rope with a loop tied into one end, big enough to fit both hands into with a bit of room and then gradually looping it around each wrist in turn in sort of a figure eight pattern.

This actually works really well. It's very secure and can be very tight or a little looser as desired, it's easy to set up (though it takes a few moments) and easy to get out of (just find the end of the last loop and pull).

The other method I've seen which I've tried is creating a single larger loop that I doubled a few times until it was small enough for me to put both wrists into and then I'd just rotate my hands inside of the loop to tighten it up. The idea being just rotate them the other way to loosen it up again. This seems to mostly work fine, but it's hard to get it properly tight while staying easy to escape from.

Those are both pretty good and meet most of my criteria but neither is quite perfect. Just curious what else is out there.

Another thing I've found while checking into this stuff is Karada and I made one that I've left set up so I can put it on pretty quickly when I want to. I really enjoy the feeling of this being on me and I've found it satisfying to just put on and leave on all day under my clothes.

I was considering a variation of this where I use some sort of hard ring in place of the loops tied into the rope to fix the sections that go around the body (sort of like what's seen on some of the harnesses made with webbing). I've found some similar designs online but nothing exactly like this. Does anyone know of one or am I going to improvise?

*For example, what I started with when I was a kid and still sometimes enjoy is doing a tight blanket wrap and then securing my hands behind my back inside of the wrap. This is a bit tricky with the very limited space available (and it's nearly impossible to do the blanket wrap properly when my hands are already restrained). I could maybe do the LikeRa method like this but it'd be difficult.
For context: primarily interested in the sensual level of self-bondage. Not after anything too elaborate or difficult to escape from so long as I feel securely restrained.
KinkInSpace

Re: Some thoughts

Post by KinkInSpace »

You're like me then.

I used to be a lot into inescapable bondage, but the more I got to the ultimate setting, the more I felt like: okay, I've done it now. I still think its great, but I prefer the quicker bondage sessions and feel is far more important to me now than being confined or restrained.

I love the chastity cage for that matter. I wear it almost all the time. Not because I don't want to cum, but because it feels awesome. I can just as easily put a buttplug in my rear before going shopping, and feel it with every step.

Occassionally a corset below my clothes does wonders too. Corset-Story has some great sales often, so getting a good corset is not hard for little money if you can wait. The usual sale moments are always their sale moments too. Black Friday, haloween, etc.. They recently (3 days ago, maybe still do) had a sale where you get 2 corsets for 29 euro/dollar.

I also really love the feeling of something going past my buttcrack. I've posted a few dares regarding that. Duct tape does really wonders especially around that area. :)

Another favorite and quicky is this: Get a simple waist belt. Without being it around you, secure it about 2 or 3 buttoms smaller than you normally do. Now make it flat. Lie on the floor or on the bed. Put the belt under your hips/bottom. Raise your back/bottom and pull your hands through the belt, then lower your back. There, instantly secured, allowing you to struggle in your bounds as you please. Want out, just raise your back. Its usually my to-go way to do a session nowadays. Some estim on my nipples or penis, then put the controller away and secure my hands like this and I have a quick and wonderful session.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Vanilla

Post by Vanilla »

This is an interesting question.

That feeling of being out of control without the hellavu lot of investment in *sits at a mythbusters station charting it out, tounge pooted out in thought*

Finding a person that is chill on you doing it, and doing things with your around it is probably best, but I know, its not easy.

Personally, from my experience, though you should always test, I'd say try panty hose. Strong but you /can/ rip them, even if twisted up.

YMMV
Maid_Lauren

Post by Maid_Lauren »

For police Handcuff training there are cut off keys attached to magnets. That way they can be quickly opened since the key always stays in the holes. They don't work with all brands of cuffs. I like them because I usually play around with different types of bondage for a few minutes then go to something else.
MSpike

Post by MSpike »

Here is a wrist tie you can add to a karada. Adjust the size of the wrist coil for your wrists, then slip the loop (a half-hitch, technically) over them. Take the free end of the rope over the neck loop at the back of the karada and let it hang where you can reach it. Insert your wrists in the loops and pull down on the rope with your fingers. The half-hitch will pull the oval coil into a snug figure 8, and then pull your wrists higher. When tension is released, the half-hitch will open. If you don't want to hold the rope, tuck it between your wrists a couple of times. Hogtie variation: use a longer rope and take it past your wrists, between your tied ankles, and back up to your hands. Straightening your legs will raise your wrists, and pulling in the slack with your fingers will pull your legs back up. Hold the rope, wrap it around a wrist for an easier hold, or place a snap hook in the right place along the rope and clip it to the karada.
Wrist tie.jpg
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Some things I like to use to secure my wrists are rope based. I like the wrist coils ( one for each hand) and thread them onto the lower rope of a chest harness, I position them one on each side and secure my elbows with a heavy leather strap and slip my wrists into each wrist coil. If I want to make it even tougher, I use a zip tie to secure the wrist coil closed around my wrist.

Another thing I like to use is several wraps of rope into a coil and secure it so it cannot slip or be adjusted then I tie it around the center with several wraps. Its not a figure 8 because the rope does not cross but its like rope handcuffs. I open one side and put my wrist in then roll it shut to open the other side for my other wrist. When its in the center neither wrist will come out. I made a pair of them so there is always one handy or if I want to secure my wrists to my ankles.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Maid_Lauren wrote:For police Handcuff training there are cut off keys attached to magnets. That way they can be quickly opened since the key always stays in the holes.
These are fine as a quick release for partnered bondage :) But I find they are very difficult/impossible to turn when locking cuffs behind in self bondage. :( Making escape next to impossible as you cannot put any other keys in the locks :!:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Maid_Lauren

Post by Maid_Lauren »

I found that it depends on the cuffs. They are great with my Smith and Wesson M100 cuffs and Thompson leg irons. The problem with the Peerless cuffs is that the spring is strong I have to place a socket over it to get some leverage.