Kitchen Safe. Anyone else use one?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Avarus

Re: Kitchen Safe. Anyone else use one?

Post by Avarus »

I also often use a kitchen safe. Sometimes I use a method where i put the keys on a fishline (very strong but thin, i combine three seperate lines now of slightly different sizes on the keyring, just to be sure), close the lid but with the fishline sticking out between the lid and the base. I then put the box on its side on a blanket and attach the line somewhere near my hands. Once the box opens the lid falls open (softly on the blanket :P ) and I can use the line(s) to pull the keys towards me.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Having long resisted the urge due to cost I've recently purchased a kSafe mini. I have got to say the hassle free setup it provides is just great. I have been doing some light but long sessions (chastity cage, wrist and ankle cuffs linked together to limit movement for an entire day and/or night) and it's great for that sort of thing. Just drop in the keys, spin the dial, press it and watch your freedom disappear :gag: .

The only thing I don't really like is that it would be quite easy to accidentally set a time and activate the lock if I was more restricted in my motions and unable to see what I was doing (In a hogtie for instance). Getting the lid off with limited mobility is also not all that easy.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

@Gregovic, you should use the following method: Calculate how much time it takes for you to get into your bondage.

Then get the key in the k-safe and lock it up, then do the bondage and lock the padlock. A padlock does not need a key for it to be locked, only unlocked.

Alternatively, lock a key to a padlock that can be locked as above in the k-safe and prepare the session, but another key/padlock etc that you use for bondage, you do as normal. When ready, the final key can be padlocked to something to prevent you from using that key until you retrieve the key that opens the keyed-padlock.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
smelt

Post by smelt »

I was wondering if its possible to add time during the locked period? Would be great for adding longer sentences for "violations".
occorics

Post by occorics »

smelt wrote:I was wondering if its possible to add time during the locked period? Would be great for adding longer sentences for "violations".
No, you can't change the time once it's running
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
smelt

Post by smelt »

Well, that's too bad. I just found another maker, Captured Discipline. I just shot them an email to see if theirs have the "adding time" feature.
smelt

Post by smelt »

They just replied with a "No" for now. The email stated that a "version 4.0" may be released, which will have this feature.. Could be interesting.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The K-Safe can be used to add time, but in a less conventional way than you think.

At all times, the batteries to the K-Safe are accessible, in case the batteries die during a run.

Instead of releasing the locks on a power outage, the K-Safe stores the current time, rounded to 5 seconds in its memory. When the battery is pulled out/dies, the timer basically stops. When the batteries are replaced with full ones, the timer continues to count down from that moment.

Punishment can be as easy as removing the batteries for a full day and reinsert them the next. There you go, one day added to the punishment.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

occorics wrote:
smelt wrote:I was wondering if its possible to add time during the locked period? Would be great for adding longer sentences for "violations".
No, you can't change the time once it's running
Actually you can! But you can only increase it. Just press the dial/button, then spin it to set a new time. The lowest time you can set is the current time left remaining, but you can then add time to it. Press the dial/button again to confirm.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Really? :o

Going to check that right now! Never knew it could be done. I do have an older one when it was still the Kitchen Safe. Maybe it was added later? Anyway, brb checking... xD

EDIT: Nope, mine doesn't do that.
EDIT2: no mention of it in the manual on their site either.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Slave_L wrote:Really? :o

Going to check that right now! Never knew it could be done. I do have an older one when it was still the Kitchen Safe. Maybe it was added later? Anyway, brb checking... xD

EDIT: Nope, mine doesn't do that.
EDIT2: no mention of it in the manual on their site either.
Huh, weird, looking at their site now I can't find it either. I threw out the booklets that came with mine so I can't check there and I've got no idea where I found this out otherwise. It definitely works on my K-safe (bought recently). On mine at least it appears nothing happens when you press the button but then you notice the time stops. Then you have to spin the dial the right way (clockwise) to increase the time, otherwise it stays where it is.
smelt

Post by smelt »

OK, this is getting interesting. I like the looks of the other one a lot better, but the KS is 1/3 the price, and if you can add time..... I just might need to get one. Happy 4th, everyone!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Must be on the new kSafe then. My KitchenSafe doesn't have this. Nothing happens when I press the button. The time doesn't stop either.

EDIT: Anyway, I've sent them an email and asked about this, so hopefully soon I'll know the answer. I'll come back to this.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Mine's a year or so old and doesn't have the feature to extend time.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I got a reply back from Gary from the Kitchen Safe, and this was his reply:
Slave_L wrote: Someone I know bought a kSafe and mentioned they can add time to the timer by pressing the button and turning the knob.

Is this a feature that was added later and might not be on mine, or am I doing something wrong?
Gary wrote: This is a new feature that was not available back then.
If you order a new one and request the "add time feature" we can make sure you have that feature on it.
So there you have it, can be added by request. :)
Last edited by KinkInSpace on 05 Jul 2017, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.