Kitchen Safe. Anyone else use one?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
smelt

Re: Kitchen Safe. Anyone else use one?

Post by smelt »

Guess Ill order it from the manufacturer then. This could be fun... or terrible.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Slave_L wrote:I got a reply back from Gary from the Kitchen Safe, and this was his reply:
Slave_L wrote: Someone I know bought a kSafe and mentioned they can add time to the timer by pressing the button and turning the knob.

Is this a feature that was added later and might not be on mine, or am I doing something wrong?

Gary wrote: This is a new feature that was not available back then.
If you order a new one and request the "add time feature" we can make sure you have that feature on it.
So there you have it, can be added by request. :)
So it got lucky for a change? That doesn't happen very often :rofl:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I think they made this option for all products but still have plenty of old ones in stock, selling them first.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Slave_L wrote:I think they made this option for all products but still have plenty of old ones in stock, selling them first.
Yeah, they're probably trying to avoid the "Osborne effect" - telling your customers about the great new version which they'll want so much more than the old one ... which you still have huge stocks of (or the new version won't be ready to ship for a bit).

(Adam Osborne prematurely announced the Osborne Executive "portable" computer months before it was ready to ship, at which point dealers cancelled orders for the revolutionary but flawed Osborne 1, waiting for the new machine which fixed many of the 1's faults and in the mean time pretty much handing the game to Kaypro, who had released a machine much like what that the Osborne 1 should have been the previous year.)
smelt

Post by smelt »

Ordering mine tomorrow. I just want to verify with them about the adding time feature. Without that, it wouldn't do us nearly as much good. When a set of keys to the collar, wrist cuffs, and heel locks goes in, for an 8 hour "shift", and the maid doesn't get all the work done in time, a 24 hour punishment is added. I'm thinking in the end, we will need 2 of these.
occorics

Post by occorics »

occorics wrote:
ruru67 wrote:I took a different approach to securing the thing, described here. This would be compatible with reinforcing the top of the base too.
I remember that thread, I saw the kitchensafe for the first time there... :D
I'm thinking about wrapping the bottom with fiber-fix. That should prevent the cracking issue and add a lot of safety together with your solution.
I have found plans for a 3D print: https://www.myminifactory.com/de/object ... mped-24311
It looks really sturdy and I guess that even with tools it's hard to break.
I need to get my printer working again...
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

occorics wrote:I have found plans for a 3D print: https://www.myminifactory.com/de/object ... mped-24311
Um, is there enough room to replace the batteries? (It's hard to tell from the pics.) Or do you just have to be really sure the batteries are good for the duration (and unlock) before locking yourself up?
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The kSafe is designed (the manual states so) that even when the safe is locked, the batteries can be removed.

However, looking at that 3D printed version, I seriously doubt that you can still remove the batteries. It will be very hard to get the lid off, but then, I still think the batteries cannot be removed.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
occorics

Post by occorics »

yes, I think it would be good to have a little recess on one side to access the batteries. I'll try to modify the model and print it in a week or two...
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
smelt

Post by smelt »

Mine still hasn't come in... but I've been thinking about setting it up with a DC converter, so it could be plugged into household current. That way batteries are not an issue. A battery backup maybe, using lithium batteries, just in case of a power outage. There are a couple large blocks of solid aluminum looking at me right now, wanting to be machined into a key safe... It still wouldn't be real hard to break the top, but it would be more "real" feeling, I think.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

smelt wrote:Mine still hasn't come in... but I've been thinking about setting it up with a DC converter, so it could be plugged into household current. That way batteries are not an issue. A battery backup maybe, using lithium batteries, just in case of a power outage. There are a couple large blocks of solid aluminum looking at me right now, wanting to be machined into a key safe... It still wouldn't be real hard to break the top, but it would be more "real" feeling, I think.

i would LOVE to have an aluminum base for the ksafe! as for breaking the top, you could probably take the top apart and then have the locking pins made into aluminum too. (i would SO buy a set from you if you made them!!!)
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

ruru67 wrote:
occorics wrote:I have found plans for a 3D print: https://www.myminifactory.com/de/object ... mped-24311
Um, is there enough room to replace the batteries? (It's hard to tell from the pics.) Or do you just have to be really sure the batteries are good for the duration (and unlock) before locking yourself up?

The batteries are accessible from the outside, and when there's no power the timer just stops. As soon as it gets power again it continues, it does not enter a new power up state and unlock.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I have one. The question is whether you can get the batteries out of the lid with the printed box shown above.

Oh, and re resuming after battery failure, from email with the developers:
The Kitchen Safe saves the time in increments of 5 minutes. The reason for this limitation is related to the microprocessor that runs the product, which is much less powerful than the one used in computers, handsets and other devices. The microprocessor periodically saves the time to a type of memory that retains information even if power is removed, it's called non-volatile memory (NVM). NVM is erase / write cycle limited, eventually the memory degrades and ceases to function. This is a common characteristic of NVM and it is why solid state hard drives typically have a much larger amount of storage than their rated capacity, because the amount of memory shrinks after many read-write cycles. So, we have to limit how often we write to the memory. In other words, we can save the time every 5 minutes and the product will last many years, but if we save the time every second, the microprocessor in the product (and the product itself) would kick-the bucket rather early.
I've verified that behaviour; basically it saves on every 5 minute remaining boundary, e.g. if you pop the batteries out at 7 minutes remaining, it'll restart at 10 minutes remaining when you put them back in.
smelt

Post by smelt »

I finally got mine, there was some sort of issue a while back, on getting one with the "add time" feature. I finally remembered to order another one. It showed up this morning. Pretty cool. Handcuff keys in, set timer for 15 minutes, cuffs on, got the keys back in 15 minutes. The little whirring sound when it's unlocking is great... I got the medium one, I already have plans to fab up an aluminum bottom, with the aluminum locking pins. Still not defeat-able, especially where I know how they are made.... but fairly high security I guess.

I would like to find someone who could shrink this type of locking mechanism down, another of my "hobbies" was building blackpowder cannons. I used 3/4" to 1 1/2" wall DOM seamless tuning with a 3/4" bore to build those. A foot weighs over 20 pounds. If the keys were dropped in that, and a set of machined steel locking caps went on... THAT would be tough to get into, even for someone with tools.....