Programmable Tens unit

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
lostcomm1

Programmable Tens unit

Post by lostcomm1 »

Does anyone know of a programmable Tens unit that can be bought? What I am looking for is a device that would provide a little pain at random intervals during a long term bondage session. By random, I mean it would be pre-programmed to turn on and off several times beforehand for several hours if needed. I've been looking around and can't seem to find anything that fits the bill.
And if a Tens unit like this doesn't exist on the market does anyone know of any other devices that could be used to provide a little pre-programmed pain at "random" times. I'm open to all ideas. DC would be best but something AC could work with a programmable timer.
I should give a heads-up before you answer: if you use the terms "Arduino", "software hacking", or "soldering iron" you are way beyond my skill set.

Happy and safe bondage everyone and I look forward to your ideas.
lanad

Re: Programmable Tens unit

Post by lanad »

why don't you pre record your sessions and then play back at preset times as I do.
occorics

Post by occorics »

I can think of several options...
- use an USB relais card to switch the channels on and off (I never tried it myself, but I read on smarstim.com, that people are doing that)
- talking about smartstim.com, they have a software that lets you create sessions and play them. Output is an audio signal, so you'll need a device with audio input
- I use an Estim-systems 2B. It has a random mode and can also be connected to a PC. There are a couple of programs to control it and the protocol is documented in case you want to program it yourself.
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I use an audio enabled ESTIM box to accomplish this. I use it in conjunction with an mp3 player and the track can have silence in it. The only downside is, that if you program the track, you will know what will happen, just not when exactly.

If you want to counter this, create many sessions (mp3s) and on your mp3 player, set it to shuffle. The files can be short even, and each section can be randomly chosen.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I've been thinking about a way to do properly random or "on command" estim and I think it might be possible with an audio triggered estim box and a microcontroller with some audio circuitry. The microcontroller can be an arduino triggering an MP3 shield for instance. That way you can have several audio files for different levels of reward or punishment and have the microcontroller trigger them at random times or when wanted. I just have too many things to spend money on right now to try it myself :|
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
greentea

Post by greentea »

I also use a Estim 2B and as another person commented upon, use it connected to a computer and either using audio out into the Estim from movies or files from the smartstim site. I haven't been to the site in a year or so, got tired of the spam for donations.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Also, one note regarding random sessions.

I made a simple audio track that used random to its fullest extend. Basically I used a VSTi (plugin that generates audio signals) which has a random option (sort of). I used it to create a 1 hour track of random bleeps. These pulses will create a sensation that can be easy (small tickle) or hard (bit of an jolt) with random delays in between.

I tried it, but it was no success at all. Because of the anticipation, every small tickle was so pleasant it helped me to an orgasm quickly, and the jolts were not fun.

Although it is supposed to be torture, random unanticipated pain is never fun for me. I was not able to do this track for more than 5 minutes in multiple sessions without getting an orgasm.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.