Ball gags

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
fossill

Ball gags

Post by fossill »

Hello all.

I have written previously about being able to push ball gags out with my tongue and have recently seen several scenes where the gag was specifically placed behind the female's teeth.
Does anyone here have an opinion on this and also whether a smaller or bigger gag would be easier to dislodge.
My opinion is that larger would be easier to dislodge so is there an opinion on ideal or average size for a male.

Thanks for your assistance.

Fossill
lj

Re: Ball gags

Post by lj »

I suspect a lot of photos of ball-gags in use are staged and are in reality not effective.

If the ball-gag is less than half inside the mouth, only by seriously over-tightening any strap would it actually hold in place, as a bit of jaw wriggling would soon deflect it up or down, that's simple mechanics.

To ensure it stays in place, the ball needs to be inside the mouth and behind the teeth. You therefore have to size the ball to your mouth. Depending on jaw size and shape, it might be necessary to have the strap fitted to the outer side of the ball, making it more a plug-gag, by pushing it further into the mouth. Bear in mind the "gag reflex" which might cause vomitting !

The use of a full harness, straps either side of the nose, under the chin and across the mouth, will ensure it stays in place - you might be able to push the ball partially outwards but as soon as you relax it will be forced back in.

Do bear in mind that any gag could block your mouth airway, so if your nasal breathing is restricted, the situation could become very dangerous.

To some extent it depends upon why you are using a gag. The only type of gag I have used and found totally effective is a butterfly inflatable gag - these completely immobilise the tongue and totally block the mouth - and that was in a partnered scene and I would NEVER use one in self-bondage, it was scary enough knowing someone else was watching closely for any distress. Anything else (apart from lots of gaffer tape) simply impedes speech, causes tension and imparts vulnerability.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

lj wrote:To ensure it stays in place, the ball needs to be inside the mouth and behind the teeth. You therefore have to size the ball to your mouth. Depending on jaw size and shape, it might be necessary to have the strap fitted to the outer side of the ball, making it more a plug-gag, by pushing it further into the mouth. Bear in mind the "gag reflex" which might cause vomitting !
I find a soft ball gag like the one her http://www.virtuous-sins.com/soft-white ... 1286-p.asp fits comfortably but is secure enough with out over tightening the strap. :)

A mouth filling ball gag, especially a harness (trainer) gag, stops coherent speech but you can usually make your self understood by 'nose talking' :(
Only in the movies do gags totally silence people :o Although interestingly in an episode of the 'Fall Guy' Jodie is bound and gagged in the back of a truck but Steve finds her because her distorted cries for help can be heard from outside. A realistic stunt :shock:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
fossill

Post by fossill »

Thx for the info
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I agree with LJ on this one.

Basically a ballgag has to go into the mouth too, so the mouth can stretch far open for the ballgag to go in, and thus, it can be stretched open to go out too.

It is possible to use a harness which will ensure that the gag can't go out, but when working with gags, it is better to have a gag that can be taken out by the wearer in extreme cases, and simply just don't do it.

The idea of wearing a gag in a scene is because both players like it, not because of a punishment. So taken this into account, you should not be worried if a gag can be taken out. If you want to gag yourself and be sure that it can't be taken out, then a harness is a good way, because its not just the gag, it has a shield in front of it too which, even if you can push out the gag, will still feel like if you are gagged, and it helps pushing the gag back in.

Also, gags that have more than one straps that go behind the head will help, because the biggest reason why a gag can be pushed out, is because the back strap moves down, creating slack. A harness doesn't have this problem either.

Lastly, a very effective gag can be made by yourself:
- Use some old clothes that you can dispose. Cut some fabric out of it. Place it in subject's mouth (you can drench it in a liquid if you want). Once inside the mouth of the subject, use simple packaging tape around the mouth to lock it inside the mouth. Very effective and nice gag. Keep a knife at bay to cut away the tape in case of emergency.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

I've never met a ballgag I couldn't dislodge even when strapped in as tight as possible, even in a full harness. The harness ensures that it pushes back in as soon as you relax but until then, you can still make intelligible speech.
I think a lot of it depends on the size and shape of your mouth.

The only way ballgags work for me is combined with duct tape. Strap on ballgag, 3 pieces of duct tape over the lips, 2 under the chin, 3 more over the lips. This prevents me from pushing the ball out at all. For more strictness, I will sometimes add bandage wrap.