Handcuff keys fail to work , oh shit !

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
TdAdvtrs

Handcuff keys fail to work , oh shit !

Post by TdAdvtrs »

They had hoped that their keys would fit http://www.thelocal.se/20080615/12450
"Tied Adventures" that was the idea behind this screen name.
TdAdvtrs

Re: Handcuff keys fail to work , oh shit !

Post by TdAdvtrs »

It is not the first time something like this happens, 2 more http://www.thelocal.se/20170216/police- ... fty-shades
"Tied Adventures" that was the idea behind this screen name.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

That's what you get for going out and buying the cheapest piece of crap toy handcuffs you can find... :whip:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

It is not necessarily cheap cuffs, I have found that the supposedly universal police handcuff keys supplied with my Hiatt handcuffs do not fit my Alcyon cuffs. :o
However the Alcyon keys open the Hiatt cuffs, no problem at all. :?
But if you can't find the keys, then you risk getting embarrassed. :oops:
If your stuck you have to get help from somewhere. :!:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

There's a simple solution to that.
Store your metal bondage gear LOCKED. If you want to use it, you'll have to unlock it first, which means you need to have the key before being capable of getting stuck. :idea:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Blacky wrote:There's a simple solution to that.
Store your metal bondage gear LOCKED. If you want to use it, you'll have to unlock it first, which means you need to have the key before being capable of getting stuck. :idea:
This advice has saved me trouble in the past. I rely on padlocks, and had one padlock spontaneously stick. I actually broke the key off inside the keyway trying to open it. Fortunately, I store all my locks... locked, so I wasn't in a compromising position when it happened.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Blacky wrote:There's a simple solution to that.
Agreed, and more specifically for handcuffs, store them double-locked. If your cuffs are of the ratcheting type without a double lock THROW THEM OUT because they are not safe.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Always, always, always keep two handcuff keys handy when using handcuffs. I was bound and things went to a dangerous level, I got one hand free of the cuffs but the tab broke off the key. I needed to cut the other cuff off. I've never tried that tie again and I always have two keys for each set of cuffs handy.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
Maid_Lauren

Post by Maid_Lauren »

Handcuff keys are cheap so you can order extras to stash around the house . Different companies have the key hole in different positions so remember which cuffs you are wearing. I have a pair of cuffs attached to a long chain for scenarios. I attached it to nipple clamps and cuffed my hands behind my back. No slack. When I tried uncuffing myself, I couldn't find the hole. When I tried pulling the clamps off to give me room, they dug in more. Once I remembered where the hole was, they came off quickly.

For training the police use a key attached to a magnet. It stays on the cuffs so they can be removed quickly. Good for practicing scenarios.

I like the ASP cuffs since they are comfortable and have key holes on both sides.