Did girls play SB less than guys

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
xuebaimeng

Did girls play SB less than guys

Post by xuebaimeng »

At first,I must say I am a guy too. :D I had seen many videos or stories about guys' SB,but I seldom find any girls fond of sharing her SB experiences. According to that, I should consider it guys prefer tying themselves more? Or just girls didn't want to let others know the serect? The fact is guys have many thoughts about being tying up, and girls usually refuse to be tied up by others? What opinion do you have? :?:
Sir Cumference

Re: Did girls play SB less than guys?

Post by Sir Cumference »

I am not aware of any surveys, so it is a bit hard to say.

That people don't tell it on the internet, doesn't mean that they don't do it.
In partnered bondage, I think the women are tied up more often than the men.
Female doms are rare and highly sought after...... Which makes male subs quite loud in their searching.
(Again, it is my personal opinion, I have little empirical evidence to support it)
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

We ladies tend to keep such things to ourselves, and like many other things, we don't brag. So we may do it more often than inferred by the number of members (here and on other boards) and their posts, but it's not quite as visible publicly.
Sir Cumference wrote:Female doms are rare and highly sought after......
Tell me about it. After my ears cease ringing from the loud clamors of prospective male slaves... :rofl:
Sir Cumference wrote:In partnered bondage, I think the women are tied up more often than the men.
Because we look damn good when we're tied up. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
xuebaimeng

Post by xuebaimeng »

Thanks to your opinions :D I am greatly support the view ladies look pretty well in tied and gagged, so that many guys tend to tie themselves in crossdress. I am glad that Jenny said that 'We ladies tend to keep such things to ourselves', but as ladies, I think that will have many male friends want to play bondage game with you, did you prefer being tied up by them or tying yourselves on your own? :?
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Should someone open a poll to find out???
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Re: Did girls play SB less than guys

Post by bound_jenny »

xuebaimeng wrote:did you prefer being tied up by them or tying yourselves on your own?
Let's start with the basic premise that I enjoy being tied up. It's the feeling of the bondage that is exquisite, regardless of who is tying me up. I enjoy it just as much in self-bondage as in partnered bondage - but in the latter there's the added fun of someone who is doing naughty and evil things to me and I'm unable to control or avoid it. 8)

However I also enjoy tying up my male partner. There's an entirely different world of emotions involved, including the sense of power and control. I like that a lot. :whip:

It's all about paying attention to what one feels (not just the purely sexual component) that makes the experience great.

Jenny.
xuebaimeng

Post by xuebaimeng »

Thanks to your reply,Jenny. :D Did you were born with the preference of bondaging?
Also, I want someone can make a poll to figure out the amount of guys and ladies enjoy SB~
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

When I search for SelfBondage videos, I hardly find any videos by males, only females, which would seem the contrary is true?
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Slave_L wrote:When I search for SelfBondage videos, I hardly find any videos by males, only females, which would seem the contrary is true?
I think Jenny already gave a good answer to that one:
bound_jenny wrote: Because we look damn good when we're tied up. 8)
:mrgreen:
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

xuebaimeng wrote:Did you were born with the preference of bondaging?
I don't know if I was born with that, but I do know that my first experiments in bondage - basically play-acting - were before I started grade school. Some of my earliest memories are of tying myself up while hiding in a closet, using belts and other usable items. I found I liked the feeling, and later, in my teens, I found out *why* I liked the feeling. :wink:
Slave_L wrote:When I search for SelfBondage videos, I hardly find any videos by males, only females, which would seem the contrary is true?
That's the market talking. It doesn't represent the number of women who are into bondage, it represents the number of men watching women in bondage. That's a huge market.

That and we look damn good when we're tied up. :hi:

Jenny.
Vresvelgr

Post by Vresvelgr »

Can't really argue with Jenny there. She's entirely right that there will be more men interested in watching than women.

I guess the psychology will go a fair bit deeper.

From what society teaches us growing up (men) strength is respected and all the other manly (lol) things to expect.

Submitting and self bondage are one of the most talked about, I'd like to say common but it's not factual without figures (: But I have always worked in a moderate power job. I enjoy bondage both ways, D and S. But the most suggested in men with mod/high powered jobs it they prefer to be submissive. That said every example of bondage I've subjected onto a partner is designed in my head for me. What I'd enjoy, of course there are going to be changes if the partner has certain wants and needs. But the original thought is for me.

Though self bondage was something I kinda discovered way before I probably should've. It then lay dormant for a good number of years. Still I am a man so I can only say one more for the guys..

If we look at women, you could argue there is a opposite effect. Socially weaker or expected to be less strong growing up. Less danger and all sorts.

(Yes I know that's a stereo type.) But that's the point, so majority of women will fall into the very feminine and submissive sector. So they will do so normally. This could lead to self bondage but ultimately I've found women that are into bondage for the group/ partner. Rather than personal lusting, and I think that is based on how men differ from women when being controlled by your sexual desires or pleasures.

Though I could be entirely off the mark here.

I think that women feeling less likely to share their stories is a big factor, more so pictures and videos.

/Drew
xuebaimeng

Post by xuebaimeng »

so,in your opinion, female play SB the same as male privately, while they tend to refuse to let others know what they do serectly? :?
And sorry for my poor English, the view 'From what society teaches us growing up (men) strength is respected and all the other manly (lol) things to expect. ' means men tend to control things more than women. Maybe my understanding is wrong, and I want to know what you mean indeed :P
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

xuebaimeng wrote:men tend to control things more than women
That's only a superficial observation. Look closer and you'll see who's really in control... :hi:
xuebaimeng wrote:female play SB the same as male privately, while they tend to refuse to let others know what they do serectly?
The key word here is "privately". If it's private, it's not public. It's for our personal enjoyment and that's where it stays. We feel no need to brag about it. We might share our experiences, as a way to inform and teach, but not to brag or boast. It's about the feelings and the learning experiences. Other than that, it's just personal and it serves our purpose.

Men, on the other hand, tend to compete with each other and even with themselves. For anything. Bondage and self-bondage included. That's where bragging and boasting comes into play. There are many, many posts on this board with precisely this tone, with either overt or subtle challenges to others to do the same or better, or announcements that they will attempt to go one better next time. Since testosterone is in the mix, reasoning tends to take a back seat to competition. Sometimes this ends up in some form of injury, and that's where another essential female skill comes in handy - driving the man to the ER.

If you want to know what I mean, look up the musings of one Red Green. He nails the male psyche right on the head, in a hilarious fashion. It's funny because it's true.

Not that I paint all men with the same brush, but I've seen this so many times that one gets a bit exasperated, jaded... But any man who breaks the stereotype earns my instant respect.

Yeesh... I'd better stop before it turns into a bona fide rant... :rofl:

Jenny.
xuebaimeng

Post by xuebaimeng »

Maybe I want to see your rant :rofl:
And the view 'men tend to control things more than women' is no my want to say, but who is really in control is uncertain :roll: For you, tend to be controlled,didn't you? Certainly, I also want to be controlled :gag:
I also think the competition in bondaging is meaningless, it will only lead to more dangerous. I think the purpose of communications between us is to help more people with the same hobby can have more fun in this game and play it safely. I will share some ideas later and hope that will help you somewhat.
bound_bianca

Post by bound_bianca »

It's been ages since I've done any self-bondage but one of the reasons I dress up ( I'm a TV ) is because I think women look better in bondage then men . I find it more graceful . So if I have to be tied up I want to look as feminine and pretty as possible :)