Rescue board/spinal board wrist restraints

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Straitjacket108

Rescue board/spinal board wrist restraints

Post by Straitjacket108 »

Hey guys, long time lurker seeking some advice.

I recently picked up a rescue board, looks like pic related-
http://www.mryangin.com.tr/sedye/omurg.jpg

I'm super hyped because I think I can finally fulfill my dreams of being totally strapped down to an unyielding surface with little range of motion.

Herein lies the issue- I have plenty of nylon straps to strap myself down to it, but I don't know what I'm going to do for my wrists. I can do the straps for one, but what do I do with the other?

What do you guys think is a safe and viable means of restraining my wrists while on this thing? I'm tempted to do handcuffs and an ice key release but handcuffs aren't super comfortable, they still give some range of motion, (I want to keep my hands away from my crotch is part of the goal, but it would be preferable for them to be at my sides to maximize comfort for long term) and they aren't the safest thing to use.

What do you guys think?
Sergio

Re: Rescue board/spinal board wrist restraints

Post by Sergio »

Leather wrist cuffs (everyone should own leather wrist cuffs) and rope ratchets. Make two ice releases and attach them to either side of the board, underneath and a bit further up your body than you'll be able to reach with your wrists where you want them. Attach the pulley part of a rope ratchet to each ice release and thread the ends through the opposite side of the board to where you want your wrists to be, making sure nothing is likely to snag or tangle. Now attach the 'lifting' end of each ratchet to each cuff (padlock, cable tie, chain link). Once you're strapped down you can buckle the cuffs on and then by pulling the free 'lifting' end of each ratchet you'll secure your wrists to the board. When the ice melts the ratchets will become free - but make sure from the positioning of the releases that enough slack is released that your hands can reach each other to undo the cuffs.

Part of the fun will be that with two independent ice releases one hand will likely be freed before the other, but if the dimensions are correct, not enough to reach to release you from the board until the other hand is freed, but in the meantime you'll be able to 'amuse' yourself, followed by the frustration of being able to do nothing else until the other release melts. You might deliberately make them different delays or it could be down to luck whether your dominant hand is freed first.

If you're in any doubt about the setup a practice run with only one hand restrained would be advisable.

PS: I want one of those boards now!
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Nice! That's a slick idea.

Instead of two wrist cuffs, you could also use one length of nylon strap and a single rope ratchet. Use an appropriate pair on oval holes along the edge. Secure strap to rim of board at this hole. It will then go over a wrist, down into the hole, under the board to the opposite hole, up, around second wrist, back down, and then off to the rope ratchet (or perhaps a strap one-way). The one-way would be secured to something solid with the release of your preference (electromagnet, etc).

I've got some pneumatic restraints that would work beautifully with this board, inspired by some fake ones in a video posted here. Haven't moved those into availability as yet, but if it sounds super-interesting let me know.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

What I usually do in such position is to make sure the ropes/bands next to my legs has little extra space first.

Then I tie the rope/bands around my upper arms, so my arms now have less space to move. Once the bondage is complete, I simply tuck my hands between the ropes to the side.

Its not so secure that you are fully locked in, but it gives you that feeling of being locked for as long as you want, yet being safe that you can get out at any time if it demands.

Its lovely to have this while some E-stim or other stimulus does its thing (nipple clamps anyone?). You can freely struggle in your bounds and enjoy the stimulus until you want out. Its usually not that easy to get out, but not overly complex and nearly impossible either.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
xt

Post by xt »

Sergio,

Great idea on how to tighten up the cuffs. I don't think I ever thought of that...but that's partly because I didn't even know that these rope ratchets existed!

But a quick question: how do you use an ice release to secure the "other" end of the ratchet -- the end with the carabiner furthest away from your hand, I'm guessing you mean? Because what I wonder is, wouldn't someone be strong enough to just pull, super-hard, on the cuff and break the ice, thus freeing oneself? (Or maybe ice is a lot stronger than I thought; I've only used it to let a string drop to release a key.) Do tell!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i have used the ice release in a sock method, where you put the ice in a sock, thread it through a solid 3/4" to 1" ring so the sock wont come through the ring because of the ice, and then tie the sock to the rope ratchet. its best to make sure the sock is in good condition, but i know i couldnt break them! (one for each arm)

you will tear the sock before the ice will break. and if you want to make sure you prevent that, just get some of those super thick tube socks and you wont be breaking out.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

There are many ways to make ice releases and it pays to experiment. My favourite for bed bondage is simply to dangle the end of the chain into a PTFE drink bottle until some is coiled at the bottom and then freeze. The bottles are usually sculpted so they can easily be attached to things like the bed leg or side of your spinal board with cable-ties or velcro straps. Select the size of bottle to give the desired release time. (Pro-tip: a 2 litre bottle at room temperature will take something like 8-12 hours, longer if the temperature falls overnight!)

Alternatively put a ring on the end of the chain and do the same with a short length for the fixed attachment, put the two ends into a plastic cup and freeze. Under ideal circumstances you'll be able to break it at some point but given the additional resistance of the cords running round the edges of the holes in the board you won't get a clean straight so the release will take a lot longer.

Found a source of a similar board in the UK for about £90 but I think I'll wait until I can find a nice young lady to play with it with.

Post by 0385 »

You could use an electro magnetic door lock. Which unlocks on power loss.

Then you can set a timer. Some locks can take several hundreds of pounds before they unlock. So you need to be very strong to escape.
mrbob13

Post by mrbob13 »

just curious, where did you pick the board up? how much did it run you?

they have some awesome restraints for medical http://gillenindustries.com/patient-restraints/
Straitjacket108

Post by Straitjacket108 »

Sergio wrote:Leather wrist cuffs (everyone should own leather wrist cuffs) and rope ratchets. Make two ice releases and attach them to either side of the board, underneath and a bit further up your body than you'll be able to reach with your wrists where you want them. Attach the pulley part of a rope ratchet to each ice release and thread the ends through the opposite side of the board to where you want your wrists to be, making sure nothing is likely to snag or tangle. Now attach the 'lifting' end of each ratchet to each cuff (padlock, cable tie, chain link). Once you're strapped down you can buckle the cuffs on and then by pulling the free 'lifting' end of each ratchet you'll secure your wrists to the board. When the ice melts the ratchets will become free - but make sure from the positioning of the releases that enough slack is released that your hands can reach each other to undo the cuffs.

Part of the fun will be that with two independent ice releases one hand will likely be freed before the other, but if the dimensions are correct, not enough to reach to release you from the board until the other hand is freed, but in the meantime you'll be able to 'amuse' yourself, followed by the frustration of being able to do nothing else until the other release melts. You might deliberately make them different delays or it could be down to luck whether your dominant hand is freed first.

If you're in any doubt about the setup a practice run with only one hand restrained would be advisable.

PS: I want one of those boards now!
I like the sound of this idea a lot, but I think I need a little bit of a visual aid, what kind of rope ratchets are we talking? I'm afraid I don't have much experience with them and upon researching them I am overwhelmed with options!
I do own some nice leather cuffs though so that's one thing down!

@Mr Bob, man there are some cool straps on there!
I bought the board on Taobao, as I currently reside in China. It cost me about $45 USD.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

They're popular in the field of hydroponics for adjusting lights apparently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/rope-ratchet

Although they don't look very substantial and in a straight pull an average adult could probably break one eventually it's not so easy when you're restrained by a taut one.

An alternative is to use very long non-releasable cable-ties on a length of chain. Take two lengths of chain that will each reach from where the ice locks are attached at the top of bottom of the board to the holes at the sides nearest the wrists (and must be long enough to allow your hands to reach each other to release the cuffs later). Attach one end to the ice lock (or could be frozen in) and the other to the cuff with the cable tie, but with the tie only just engaged and enough tab extending that you can reach it to pull it tighter. It's a bit fiddly but you might find a way to keep the 'large' end of the cable tie attached to the cuff to make it easier to tension.

Thinking about this since, I reckon small drink bottles with chain frozen in attached under the top of the board with cable-ties or velcro straps via those top lifting holes, either a short chain for the rope ratchet method or a longer one for the cable tie method, and each chain running to the wrist hole on the same side so less chance of anything tangling. Make sure you don't trap the rope or chain under one of the body straps and do a practice run with one hand only tied or the cuffs loose enough to escape if it goes wrong. To gain confidence in the release mechanism you could arrange a mirror to watch the progress of the melting, and do test the melting time beforehand - it won't be precise but you want to know what to expect so you don't think it's gone wrong and panic. A phone within reach and attached so it can't be lost would be a good precaution too.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

After all that thinking about it I just had to get one and found them on Amazon for £87 (around €100 or $120) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reliance-Medic ... B01FFGACHO. I actually got an open-box return for a tenner less and immediate delivery. The packaging was quite anonymous so no need to worry about someone else taking the delivery if you're not there.

What's not clear unless you zoom in is that many of the holes have a metal rod across them. I have no idea why but they'll be perfect for guiding the chains or attaching other things that my perverted mind hasn't thought of yet. The board's quite hard (well, duh) so I plan to get a cheap yoga mat from a pound shop and cut it to fit.

All I need now is a nice young lady to come forward; either that or a couple of small water bottles to make ice releases. Guess I'd better look in the fridge. :lol:
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

impervious to body fluids
Hmmmmmm.
:wink:

The rods are probably attachment points for carabiners.

You need to fix the patient, and you need to be able to fix the board too.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Sergio wrote:What's not clear unless you zoom in is that many of the holes have a metal rod across them. I have no idea why but they'll be perfect for guiding the chains or attaching other things that my perverted mind hasn't thought of yet.
The metal rods are for attaching patient restraints using quick-attach restraints.
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Lite-Spinebo ... B0006GWT4I

And yes, I have drooled over these boards for years. Someday, I will buy one. Hoping to figure out a self-bondage release before I buy the board.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
gemt

Post by gemt »

One lockdown would be to make a toggle just the right size to go through the hole, and an attachment hole in the centre. Tie the toggle to your wrist using rope , then twist it a few times. You can use your hand to guide the toggle through the hole, but then the twists will misalign it, and there is no way you can untoggle it now your hand is so close to the front of the board.
You do need to work out a release, as well, of course!