Advice on an "all nighter"

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Magdalena

Advice on an "all nighter"

Post by Magdalena »

Hey everybody :)

I am long term planning an all night selfbondage session this summer. The plan is a sunset to sunrise reverse spread eagle on the bed with a vixated vibrator.

I already practiced the pose and I can lay comfortable in it with a loose tie so I can make it with ease physically. Heartrate stays steady and breathing is all clear. I am in doubt about using a gag and what kind of issues might raise. Anyone experience with all night bondage or any thoughts on it?

Thanks in advance for sharing :)

Hugs and regards from Magda
KinkInSpace

Re: Advice on an "all nighter"

Post by KinkInSpace »

You will have to keep in mind that the chances of you being able to sleep are slim to none.

So once you give up or complete the session (whichever comes first) it is likely, that you're so tired that you'll sleep for a few hours, and are broken during the day, possibly creating a jet-lag.

Sleeping in bondage is really hard because your body keeps you awake as it thinks you need to perform an action. The more strict bondage is, the more demanding it is and only if you are really tired will you be able to sleep a little bit. You will wake up very tired and broken nevertheless.

Fantasizing about sleeping in bondage is great, performing the act is a whole different story.

I've done overnight bondage about 8 times now, and each time while adjusting the setting, caused me to either abort after a few hours just to get most of the night, or waking up (if slept at all) completely broken.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

I completely agree with Slave_L, and I'd like to add that everybody is different:
- I (also) do outdoor (camping) self-bondage, on marathons and ultra-running events
- While my sessions do not include the benefits of a release (orgasm) and the rewards: relaxation, state of mind, etc, I frequently sleep thru my session, waking up to release the clamps or whatever...
- After such a session I'm able to participate in timed competitions, and, while not on the podium, not even in the first half, for my age I'm glad to survive...
- For indoor sessions, I did fall asleep on a rack, but I'm used to sleep like horses, standing and hanging on a handrail (in public transportation vehicles... too early to be fully awake...)
- Given that from an age on, every morning You wake up with something hurting (it's a "known fact": from a certain age, if You wake up and nothing hurts, then You're dead...), I'm not so scared of the after-session soreness...

Off course this is my limited personal experience, and others could certainly bring more know-how to Your table (or bed?...)

Have fun, sleep well,
f4
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i have tried an overnight spreadeagle while face down before. after about 3-4 hours, my lower back was starting to get really sore. but i was forced to stay in that position until sun-up because i used a combo lock to secure myself to the bed. in the end, i was really sore, did not get ANY sleep and was quite grouchy that morning.

of course, my body shape might have had something to do with my sore back (i really need to lose my gut!). :oops:

another thing to consider is how long you can stand to have a vibrator working you over! i have managed to tape my magic wand to my penis so that it kept stimulating me while i was chained to my bed. i set the keys to be release in about 25 minutes. i couldnt BELIEVE how much i wanted to be able to remove it after 10 minutes! :shock: although, that was part of the fun, im not sure i could stand 7-8 hours of that stimulation, let alone one! but then again, i have not had the pleasure to see how the opposite sex copes with a vibrator for a prolonged time (apart from couple minute long videos).
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
lj

Post by lj »

I have tried sleeping in a loose spreadeagle, face up, using a melting ice release and like the others, got almost no sleep.

A continuous vibrator assault would become very uncomfortable very quickly - having a continuous vibration will tend to deaden nerves over time and be in no way pleasurable. If you could arrange for an automatic and random switch-on for a minute or so, this could be erotic but will guarantee no sleep!

A gag is a bad idea, as your muscles will relax if you do manage to sleep, and you might reduce your breathing to danger levels by the added restriction of the gag. You will also get rather damp from all the saliva. There is also the risk of the "gag" response if the gag pushes back into the throat due to the relaxed muscles.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Conversely I've slept overnight many times in a loose spreadeagle, with enough slack to be able to scratch my nose or turn partly on my side but nowhere near enough to stimulate myself. I also have no trouble sleeping in a strict 'Segufix' style position - arms and legs strapped outwards, chest strap to prevent rising. The only time I had a bad experience was when my ankles were too far apart. What's perfectly comfortable for half an hour of sex can become very painful after a couple of hours. Start very loose and tighten things a little each time until you get enough restriction without discomfort.

A diaper and/or bed protection is essential if you're ever likely to need a pee during the night.
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

All night !

Start > Wait I can get out of this, oh shit I really cant, no wait I am not really stuck it just seems that way, accept it I cant let me just relax, no its not true let me re evaluate me situation and make sure, Its true I am stuck.... Return to start >
Attachments
photo.png
photo.png (56.16 KiB) Viewed 7604 times
"Tied Adventures" that was the idea behind this screen name.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I have done all night bondage sessions twice, both times the bondage itself was not super tight, just enough to prevent me from rolling on my side or getting up. I would really advice against a gag. As said, it's not safe and on top of that you also need to realize just how painful even a moderate size gag can become after 8 hours! I certainly can't take a gag THAT long. If you plan to have ANY chance of relaxing and maybe even sleeping in bondage you will want to be able to relax. A gag will keep you tensed up enough that this certainly won't happen. It's one of those built in safeguards that (the majority of) humans just can't relax with something in their mouths.

As for a vibrator :shock: Are you sure you could survive that without massive pain and/or abrasion burns? :shock:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Joanna1992

Post by Joanna1992 »

Hi Magda
I've done all nighters a few times. All the advice here is good. Don't tie yourself super tight. Don't use a gag. Pee before you start and make sure you are hydrated.

I can sleep in bondage. Quite easily. I can even sleep with a vibrator inside me. But I don't sleep well when vibed, I just doze off and wake up again all night. The next day I am shattered and need to sleep to catch up.

If you don't move for 8 hrs you will feel stiff and have sore joints. Maybe start shorter and work up to 8 hrs. The vibrator may become uncomfortable as well. I find that vaginal insertions loose their novelty after a few hours and can start to become painful. However I have done mare then 8 hrs tied spread with anal insertions. Anal entry is more difficult than vaginal, but for long periods anal is much more forgiving.

I hope this is useful.
Jo
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Well,
as I'm working at this very moment, nipple clamps on and building up for the moment I'll slide near my darling unknowing wife, I post again to re-assure that, even if proper done, sleeping in bondage have to be treated seriously!...

Last night was OK, bound my ankles tight, parallel, bone to bone, knees also. Useless in a tight sleeping-bag, but anyway...
The pinnacle was the "boxtie" under my lower-back (no real tight knots, mostly winding the rope...), combined with the office binders... They looked easy at the beginning, but after 20-30 minutes (took a nap), my hands were numb, I hardly managed to untie and "relax" on the hard wood floor.
Tried to arrange the ankles a little skewed, and fell asleep feeling the draft on my face
In the morning, woke up first to put away the props, sore from the floor, but apart from some red eyes, nothing that wasn't gone after the hot shower!

In my opinion, "steeling" those sessions from a vanilla coupe life is worth all the trouble...

Have fun, test and re-test...
f4
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

As I'm typing this, I'm currently chained to my bed by my steel collar. I locked myself in at midnight and t has been 5-1/2 hours now. I still have 1-1/2 hour till my keys are released, but my bladder wasn't going to wait for me. I had to pee In a bottle that was close to the bed. :roll:

Some advice, don't drink ANYTHING before you go to bed chained up. (I had half a glass of water because I was thirsty)

I chain myself to the bed like this almost every night and have no trouble sleeping with my collar on. But usually on a work night, I'll set the keys to be released around 2-3 AM. Just long enough that if I don't just go to sleep, that the next day will suck. That prospect usually helps me go to sleep.

If your wondering how I'm typing this with a 2 foot chain from my collar to the bed, I'm using my tablet. :wink:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

TNTBound wrote:I chain myself to the bed like this almost every night....on a work night, I'll set the keys to be released around 2-3 AM.
I very seldom have opportunities for all-nighters. However, I am very interested in the release mechanism you use, it seems pretty accurate, time-variable, and dependable.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

http://www.thekitchensafe.com/pages/products

i use it ALL the time!

just dont let the lid fall over onto the button or it will keep trying to open the bolts on the lid and short itself out. i thought the batteries died, so i replaced them. the lcd lit up, so i set the time and hit the button. the bolts went out, but the lcd did not turn back on. the top was done for, so i had to break the case open with a screwdriver that i had close by. thankfully, i had not yet secured myself at that point.

when it shorted out, the lid was separated from the base and was lying upside down with a couple things over top of it. i think it was a rarity that it happened to me.

it really is reliable, as long as the button is not held continuously. it can be on its side and is perfectly fine.

if im in a more strict position, i tie the keys to a string and tie the string to a place on the bed where i can reach it easily enough.

the base is strong enough that i cant break it by hand (i have tried to), and its cheap enough to replace the base ($20) that you can afford to break into it if needed.
Magdalena

Post by Magdalena »

Hey everybody!

Thanks all for sharing you experiences (impressive!) and thinking with me :D

I am working on responding to all of you personally, but it may take me a bit since I want to take time to write it good and heartfelt.

Take care and have fun!

Maggie
ticklemee

Post by ticklemee »

Hi Maggie,

I have done two of these sessions, each bound for about 8 hours. While I do enjoy them on some level, the boredom and restlessness are very real and I would have done just about anything to get out even though I wasn't in much pain or anything. I did a loose segufix style both times with my arms along my sides but out of reach of my nether-region so I couldn't stimulate myself. Legs slightly spread, maybe a foot apart. Used locking cuffs with combo padlock in a pitch dark room. Maybe got an hour of sleep but just for brief moments. Literally just laid there in tights and a leotard staring into space, wishing I could get off and go to sleep. Horniness died down after a bit and then I was just bored and irritated haha. (I took the next day as vacation to recover which was a great idea).

I would advise against a gag especially for the first time. Can become really really painful and the choking hazard is real if you're not conscious. Not sure about the vibe for that long, just try it out beforehand to make sure it won't overheat or leave blisters.

Have fun and let us know how it goes!!!!

Ticklemee