Advice on an "all nighter"

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
tigerX

Re: Advice on an "all nighter"

Post by tigerX »

My favorite thing is to have my feet in cuffs. During the day, I'll use a padlock to make the chain between the cuffs shorter. If to be worn overnight, I remove the lock and wear them over a pair of socks. Also, I might take an over-the-counter sleep aid like an antihistamine. At first, the hard metal was distracting even with leather liners and socks. It's a wonderful feeling to wake up and realize the cuffs are still on :D
occorics

Post by occorics »

I have spent a couple of nights with ballet-boots and fist-mitts locked on. I also use a kitchensafe and I have one of the keys taped to a popsicle-stem, so I can use my mouth to open the locks on the mitts.
First night I did that, my hands started to sweat and that caused itching. Not so much fun... lol... I wear short satin gloves inside the mitts now. Problem solved...
I have tried to sleep in medical restraints, but I'm so used to sleep curled up on my side, that I couldn't last more than 2 hours lying on my back.
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

I have slept in bondage many times. I think a lot depend on how securely you are restrained and how tired you really are. I've been in some really uncomfortable positions and eventually fell asleep. Once I know that early release is flat out hopeless, it just happens. Yes, I wake up stiff with sore muscles and cramps.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

tonight, im going to use my steel ankle shackles chained to the foot of the bed, my leather wrist cuffs with latex fist mitts under them chained to the headboard with a combo lock for a daylight release, and my inflatable butterfly gag (not too big though) held in with a metal o ring with a belt strap around my head and a butt plug inserted in me. i wont be able to remove the gag, but i will be able to deflate it. will probably be stuck like this for around 7 hours. should be an interesting night.

EDIT: scratch the butterfly gag. just tried it with the o ring for a bit, the drooling was completely uncontrollable!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

LOL, isn't that the whole idea of a gag? xD
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Sleeping in bondage is one thing. Sleeping in tight bondage without being able to change positions is another thing entirely.

Mistress used to make me sleep in bondage, but with the warning that I was to be able to get a good nights rest. This was not a once in a while thing, but every night, over an extended period of time, maybe a year or more. It also involved a bit of ritual "Mistress worship" before I was allowed to sleep. However, after a short time, the whole process became sort of a trigger to my brain that it was time to sleep, and drifting off was no more difficult than normal unrestrained sleep.

I used my leather cuffs and bondage collar, and a sleep mask as a blindfold. I would lock the cuffs and collar on, then lock my ankles together, then to a ring tied to a short a length of rope at the foot of the bed. This gave me a little slack so I could bend my knees a bit, and roll over when necessary. I used one lock to lock my ankles together, and another to lock them to the rope. That way, if I HAD to get up for some reason, I would keep my ankles locked together, but could get out of bed and shuffle to the bathroom or whatever.
Then I would lock my wrists together, place the lock for locking my wrists to the headboard rope where I could locate it easily, and position the blindfold. The rules were that once the blindfold went on, it could not be removed until time to get up.

Then I would begin my Mistress worship, which involved edging multiple times (10-20), while repeating my "Mantra", which basically was a long recitation abut my obedience to, respect for and love of Mistress. When I was done with the required number of edges (sometimes if I was a little wound up this could go on for many more than the required number!), I would lock my wrists to the headboard rope. This rope ran from one side of the bed to the other, between the posts of the headboard, and had some slack so I could reach the keys if necessary. There was just enough slack to reach the keys on the stand next to the bed, and I could bring my hands in front of me to about nipple level, but no lower. With this setup I could sleep in close to my normal position on my side, and roll over or onto my back as necessary. After a couple nights, I had no problem sleeping through the night.

If I woke before the alarm and had to use the bathroom, the rule was no removing the blindfold, so I had to unlock myself from the bed, but not separate the cuffs, and feel my way out of the room and along the hall to the bathroom, do my thing sitting, and return, re-locking myself in. When the alarm sounded, I released my wrists from the rope, and repeated the Mistress worship before being allowed to remove the blindfold and get out of bed.

Mistress worship was Mistress's way of making sure I was thinking of Her first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I think Mistress is rather unique in that She believes in keeping me horny and excited by demanding repeated edging, multiple times a day, as opposed to keeping me in chastity , (which She has also done on occasion.)

As others have stated, trying to sleep in one fixed position, while it sounds exciting, is a lost cause. Our bodies naturally have to move to relieve muscle tension and prevent cramping, etc. If denied that, sleep is almost impossible.

YMMV
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
ticklemee

Post by ticklemee »

Definitely try the position out for 30 min or so before taking the all night plunge. Having done this a few times, there will probably be a change or two you will want to make.

A couple pearls for the first time:

1. The less restrictive the better at first. If you're stuck to the bed in any way, you will at some point want out. Don't try some super spread eagle. If you feel ANY tension when you get in the straps you will be in pain later.

2. If crossdressing, be careful about hose. I adore the things but it's easy to get painful toes when wearing at night. I go for footless maybe w socks or my looser sweater tights/schoolgirl type tights.

3. No gags. Period.

4. Leather cuffs >>>metal shackles

5. Posey limb restraints are great cheap and secure restraints for ankles as long as you can't reach your feet overnight. Super cozy too.

6. Be sure to eat bland food the day before. Don't want that spicy food moving through at 11PM.

7. Careful using bedsheets or quilts. They can press on your feet and become surprisingly painful overnight especially if your feet are secured. I would completely untuck any cover you use.

8. Careful with leotards if male. If they're on the tight side you don't want to have your balls squeezed all night. If they're a more relaxed fit, they're GREAT for bondage though!

9. Consider binding yourself in such a way to avoid sexual stimulation. Will make for a more intense/frustrating experience. And probably less sleep too :)

10. Multiple escape methods.

11. Have fun!
tigerX

Post by tigerX »

Agreed. The first time I wore footcuffs all night I took an OTC sleep aid (essentially an antihistamine). The feeling of the cuffs is a distraction. I have one pair of cuffs with leather liners. I wear them a little loose. I sleep on my side so I put a pillow between my legs to keep the cuffs apart. It's something that you might have to work up to. Do it on a weekend night. I woke up several times throughout the night the first time I sentenced myself to overnight bondage.