For me, Selfbondage is...

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.

For me, selfbondage is...

Being unable to move due to inescapable bondage (you're bound and can't move more than a centimeter)
32%
Being in inescapable bondage, but movement is not necessarily restricted, only limited. (like being cuffed to an object, or attach a chain or leash to your collar)
10%
Being in any form of bondage, where my goal is not to trap myself, but rather to limit my movement so it reminds me I'm in bondage (ancles bound together making walking somewhat difficult, but not impossible)
6%
Being in any form of bondage, where my goal is purely to feel the bondage more than anything (like a rope harness under my clothes)
13%
All of the above. I like them all, and I do them all. None of the above sticks out enough to pick that one.
39%

Total votes: 31

KinkInSpace

For me, Selfbondage is...

Post by KinkInSpace »

Here's a poll to see how selfbondage is for you.

Please complete the question:

For me, selfbondage is...
<answer in poll>

The answers go from very strict and controlled to very loose. I guess if you'd answer: How strict does bondage has to be for you, and you list these 4 as answers it could work too. But even though I can enjoy all 4 of them, my preference for bondage has changed over time.

Feel free to reply explaining your vote if you want.
Last edited by KinkInSpace on 27 Nov 2016, 22:55, edited 3 times in total.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Re: For me, Selfbondage is...

Post by KinkInSpace »

For me, selfbondage used to be being strictly in bondage, unable to move (much) while enduring discomfort of any sort.

When I found my methods of doing so, the feeling to strive for this perfection seemed to fade away. I can do it if I want, and every once in a while, I will revisit such scene. But I found that I find it a hastle to set up all my gear for self-bondage to get into a position, undergo whatever I have in store for me, and get out again.

I'm lazy when it comes to building and especially cleaning up, so I usually leave the setting as it is, so I can get in once more some hours later or perhaps the next day. Yet I also find myself not getting back at the ropes due to time constraints.

So picking the selfbondage gear for a full-fledged session is something I usually don't do. The only cases where I really do it, is when I need to be punished or trained. (You know, when you simply crave for the experience)

I have my ropes in a closet easy to get, so just getting one rope and tying a harness around me is much quicker and just as fun. Also various clothing that have different texture and kinky meaning alone will do it for me. I often go shopping wearing something special below my clothes. The experience is enhanced for me, but without too much time and effort placed in.

Of course, the chastity cage can't be ommitted, but given that I wear it almost every single day now, it would not even be a problem if I give the place it normally is stored a place for a different item.

So... for me, selfbondage is simply creating a bondage experience that I feel on my body. Currently I am naked, wearing a chastity cage and a rope harness. I go by my daily routine, freely move through the house and occassionally, I squeeze my nipples or otherwise play with them when I feel like it. In a few hours, if I feel the harness was worn long enough, I untie it. Maybe I put on some other clothes to enhance my kinky experience, I dunno.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Funny, 4 people voted, all answers covered with 1 vote. I did not expect that. Awesome :D
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm fond of strictness but I don't require "inescapability". I feel that the two terms, "strict" and "inescapable", are not equivalent.

Inescapable bondage could be something as simple as being handcuffed to a railing. You can't get out. But it's not strict. You can stand up. You can move your limbs (though one is limited, somewhat) and you can even scratch yourself. :lol:

Strict bondage is one that severely limits movement. You're restrained in such a manner that you cannot use any part of your body. But strict bondage can be easily escapable when needed with the right equipment. Mine is a wrist coil that is just loose enough for me to work my hands free with some effort, but secure enough that I can struggle without getting free. That's where my very warped imagination comes in. In my mind, I can't escape, as long as I play my role. When my role is done, I stop, and consciously work my hands free. It takes a couple of minutes. Then the rest comes off.

Throughout my strict self-bondage session, it's the sensation of restriction, the feeling of the ropes on my skin, the tension of the hogtie, the oppressiveness of the gag. It's a very tactile, sensual experience, where I can easily put aside the thought of being able to escape at will.

Even the act of putting on the ropes is a very erotic experience. White ropes against sheer black stockings is a very sensual sight to behold. After binding my legs, I often look down at them while slowly moving my bound legs around, sensually, and that gets my mood upl, for sure! 8)

Strict inescapable bondage is best left to partnered play. And that's a whole other barrel of fun. :whip: :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I've added small descriptions to each poll's answer to reflect its answer better. If you feel that you voted for the wrong answer, feel free to change your answer accordingly.

EDIT: Oops, corrected a typo. Why would anyone wants to attach a leech to their collar anyway. :roll:
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

i cant answer that because it is different for each session.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Take it in general. If you would pick the sessions for last 6 months, on average what would your session be mostly? If it comes down to two or more, which of these has your preference overall?
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

If they were check-boxes, I'd check them all!...
Being options, settled with 4 (as it _might_ include the others)

My sessions are very well distributed over the entire spectrum: I run with some nipple clamps on, eventually a ring on my jewels... then I stay at my workbench til late at night, eventually roping myself or using some tight contraption under the clothes... then I slip next to my wife, and ... well that's not self-bondage anymore...

Wen I'm alone at home, I usually split my session to cover all those four, by wearing something(rope or corset-like contraptions) under or instead of clothes, working at my desk chained to it, or tying myself to the bed or door, and even difficult strapado...

So, I couldn't really choose only one...
Sorry Slave_L,

Have fun, eat healthy,
f4
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I'll add another option then. :P

EDIT: Ah crap, that did reset the poll. Sorry everyone. Could everyone please vote again? Thanks :)
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i voted for all of them, because it depends on what kind of mood im in as to how i want to be bound.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
tigerX

Post by tigerX »

I did they middle answer "reminds me I'm in bondage" because just knowing I have devices locked on my feet that I can't remove, connected by chain, is sufficiently euphoric. Having to be careful when walking, especially going up and down the stairs, is how I punish myself. I tell myself that I've been naughty (for wanting to wear high heels, for instance) and that I lack discipline. I then look at all the hours with my feet cuffed as a form of penance.