Medical Tape Gags

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Tapeenthusiast

Re: Medical Tape Gags

Post by Tapeenthusiast »

Marissa wrote:How will this fare if makeup is worn?
I think it really depends on the makeup. I've seen tape hold up pretty well to makeup, especially if you're using stuffing and can only try to pry your mouth open. Foregoing makeup will give vastly superior results, but given how strong and long this tape can last it may still be more than good enough if your makeup isn't easily removable without wipes.
Ano wrote:Ordered this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transpore-Surgi ... ge_o00_s00

I hope it's the same :)
Yeah that's it!

I wanted to add, given my experience with 3M tapes - they WILL be inescapable if your face is clean and relatively dry and you let the tape sit for a short time. If it doesn't work, the tape may be old. It only has a shelf life of 2-3 years. Something to keep in mind.
Tapeenthusiast

Post by Tapeenthusiast »

Another thing to add is don't be shy and try out the other tapes I mentioned: Durapore, Micropore and Cloth adhesive, all by 3M. While I prefer transpore and believe it to be superior over all, these other tapes are still very effective.

Durapore is white, silk like in texture and slightly stretchy. It's adhesive leaves less residue than Transpore but is similarly progressive. From my experience it's very effective and tends to conform to the lips slightly better due to the different backing. Without using your tongue this tape is similarly inescapable. I think a lot of people may enjoy the aesthetic of this tape!

Cloth Adhesive is a white cloth tape. Apparently it has the strongest initial and long term (24h) adhesion based on a company document I found comparing all the 3M medical tapes, but I didn't find this to be entirely accurate based on experience. It's definitely very effective, but lacks the conformity and aesthetics of Durapore, and is missing the glue like behaviour of Transpore. The asserted adhesive properties may be true at the 24h mark, but the jump in initial adhesion doesn't make up for how slow it seems to be at setting. Put another way, Transpore or Durapore may be less effective the second you put them on your skin, however they'll out pace this tape within a very short time. Still, a great tape compared to something like duct tape. It looks like 70s medical tape!

Micropore is a semi transparent tape that is very thin and highly conformable. This tape has the worst initial adhesion, feeling like masking tape if you try to immediately remove it. However, a tiny bit of patience and you quickly realize how great it is. Hopefully this link is alright. Mods let me know for future reference if it is not. I am not endorsing this artist in any way, but simply demonstrating a tape.

http://phmbond.deviantart.com/art/Lizbe ... -464940507

One of the few instances of one of these tapes in action, in this case the aforementioned micropore. There are others but they are few and far between.

The last thing to say about this micropore tape is that in my experience I was able to break the tape at the lips if I used most or all of my jaw force to open my mouth because it is quite thin. Using it on a female friend she was unable to do the same. Her skin stretching more and her jaw being weaker are my best guesses. Just thought I'd mention it because for me it ruins the excitement knowing I can free myself, but it likely works just fine for the ladies out there.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Tapeenthusiast wrote:Another thing to add is don't be shy and try out the other tapes I mentioned: Durapore, Micropore and Cloth adhesive, all by 3M. While I prefer transpore and believe it to be superior over all, these other tapes are still very effective.

Durapore is white, silk like in texture and slightly stretchy. It's adhesive leaves less residue than Transpore but is similarly progressive. From my experience it's very effective and tends to conform to the lips slightly better due to the different backing. Without using your tongue this tape is similarly inescapable. I think a lot of people may enjoy the aesthetic of this tape!

Cloth Adhesive is a white cloth tape. Apparently it has the strongest initial and long term (24h) adhesion based on a company document I found comparing all the 3M medical tapes, but I didn't find this to be entirely accurate based on experience. It's definitely very effective, but lacks the conformity and aesthetics of Durapore, and is missing the glue like behaviour of Transpore. The asserted adhesive properties may be true at the 24h mark, but the jump in initial adhesion doesn't make up for how slow it seems to be at setting. Put another way, Transpore or Durapore may be less effective the second you put them on your skin, however they'll out pace this tape within a very short time. Still, a great tape compared to something like duct tape. It looks like 70s medical tape!

Micropore is a semi transparent tape that is very thin and highly conformable. This tape has the worst initial adhesion, feeling like masking tape if you try to immediately remove it. However, a tiny bit of patience and you quickly realize how great it is. Hopefully this link is alright. Mods let me know for future reference if it is not. I am not endorsing this artist in any way, but simply demonstrating a tape.

http://phmbond.deviantart.com/art/Lizbe ... -464940507

One of the few instances of one of these tapes in action, in this case the aforementioned micropore. There are others but they are few and far between.

The last thing to say about this micropore tape is that in my experience I was able to break the tape at the lips if I used most or all of my jaw force to open my mouth because it is quite thin. Using it on a female friend she was unable to do the same. Her skin stretching more and her jaw being weaker are my best guesses. Just thought I'd mention it because for me it ruins the excitement knowing I can free myself, but it likely works just fine for the ladies out there.
All looks good, but i'm always in a search for the strongest one.
I have "problems" with escaping.
I literaly broke one of my handcuffs, and managed to get out of two more without using any tools. Only the folding speedcuffs can hold me back, and if one of my frend ties me up with lots of rope.
Now i got a set of leather hand and legcuffs.
They are very strong, but i can slip out of them :(
Got a good ballgag as well, but i can still talk trough a little bit, not sure if can split it out full, have to try.
But i guess i'll test the tape by it self.
And then i'll combine the ballgag with the tape if i need to.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Duct tape is stronger than medical tapes, when it's not about the glue power. If you even fold the edges, you can't get any grip on them to rip them open even if it's an outside person. Some sharp tool is the only way to rid of that.
Tapeenthusiast

Post by Tapeenthusiast »

Jadit wrote:Duct tape is stronger than medical tapes, when it's not about the glue power. If you even fold the edges, you can't get any grip on them to rip them open even if it's an outside person. Some sharp tool is the only way to rid of that.
Duct tape is no doubt more powerful, but it has to be used on steel, wood, plastics etc. Human skin is a strange collection of microscopic bumps and dips which are made up of millions of cells, some of which can shed at any moment.

Standard hardware tapes can definitely work for a time. I'd had duct tape work quite well once my skin is essentially exfoliated raw from replacing strips :( but I don't consider that very effective. Duct tape also causes some weird irritation unrelated to the minor removal of skin cells.

Medical tapes seem to have an adhesive that works on a much smaller scale. Almost as if there's thousands of little adhesion points that can adhere to the strange dips and bumps you can't see. If some dead skin gives way, it's only in that very small region below the tape that gives, and the adhesive doesn't start to catastrophically fail from that weak point to allow you to just open your mouth. Medical tapes also deal with moisture and body oils much better. Micropore is especially good for this (going off the documentation and experimentation). It can be applied to a clean face with some sweat on it and still seal your mouth no problem better than duct tape on a dry face.

Medical tapes can work very well on hardware style surfaces as well. I've used the cloth adhesive for some things because I have too much of it haha and it's holding strong after weeks. The backing is strong so it works, but in general the adhesive isn't about super long term hold like duct tape on large even surfaces. They're about short to medium term hold on a highly dynamic surface, so the adhesive is completely different chemically and structurally.

Also having said that Transpore and especially Micropore have fairly weak backings, so it's not like they'd be appropriate for fixing things outside of a talkative mouth haha.

The whole point of sharing my experience from experimenting with these 3M surgical tapes is that the bondage community has been getting it wrong with the use of tapes like duct tape. It's not the most effective nor do they look that great on. Aesthetically medical tapes seem to look much better due to how they grip the face and lips. They just look more effective (because they are) and I think that's important.

Some studios are slowly wising up and are using some of these tapes and others I haven't had access to because they're possibly European. There's a great video called "Karry Self gag 2" that demonstrates some other extremely effective medical tapes from across the pond, as well as the famous Fixomull stretch, which isn't technically a tape because it comes on a backing. Every tape in that video has her inescapably gagged from a movie style rectangle. The way it's supposed to be.

I think the sooner the community switches over to their use the better off everyone's skin, and the more effective everyone will be gagged without resorting to uncomfortable methods like tight wraps and skin irritation. A good medical tape keeps you gagged and pretty comfortable :)
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

It's just because talk switched to escaping that i mentioned it. For gag purpose medical tapes rule, but if you were to try using it for wrist binding or other place in body you could be in for trouble. I had a few tries with it in the past, most attempts just make me sweat so that they slide off. But some attempt was heading to scenario that some "user manual" from google warned about, that skin can pack. Exposure to that more than half hour (don't know limit) can already cause permanent damage to blood veins. So yeah i took that tape off quite fast. Same if i try to bind wrists to legs, there's so much movement that it packs skin every time.

So binding body with tape is better if you wear something under it. It can be anything, even some plastic bag or paper. For hands it is even stronger if you wrap 1 or 2 rounds around each wrist separately first, and then put them together. Some loop(s) between hands for extra secure. I guess that's where plastic bondage tape shines, one that doesn't have any glue but it sticks to itself. That you can apply to skin freely, but it needs a unique style to bind, and if done alone is almost impossible to apply inescapably. It just comes off so easy.
Ano

Post by Ano »

I tried it today, as a part of full hogtie bondage.
I used 3 line of medical tape, and a lots of duct tape on the top.
Going around my head, and also taped up my chin going around that way as well.
It was still unable to prevent me from opening my mouth, couldn't talk for real, but still managed to breath trough my mouth.

And just for a side information the scenario was timed to be 1,5 hour, but i managed to get a key 40 minutes in to the tie.
but it was an emergency key, it was very hard to use with svetting fingers, took me 20 minutes at least to open the handcuff with it.
Was a very hard but good fight.
Enjoyed it.
Tapeenthusiast

Post by Tapeenthusiast »

Ano wrote:I tried it today, as a part of full hogtie bondage.
I used 3 line of medical tape, and a lots of duct tape on the top.
Going around my head, and also taped up my chin going around that way as well.
It was still unable to prevent me from opening my mouth, couldn't talk for real, but still managed to breath trough my mouth.

And just for a side information the scenario was timed to be 1,5 hour, but i managed to get a key 40 minutes in to the tie.
but it was an emergency key, it was very hard to use with svetting fingers, took me 20 minutes at least to open the handcuff with it.
Was a very hard but good fight.
Enjoyed it.
I find compressing this tape too much may hurt its performance. I found it best when used in moderation and left to sit. Adding layers with duct tape that pull and tug on it when it's trying to set is likely to really reduce its performance. As I said, it's progressive in its strength, so putting it on and then wrapping it likely isn't helping. Also wrapping will induce sweating pretty quickly, which the tape can deal with, but not as well if you're sweating right away.

If you're using the 2.5cm variety that will also be worse because it doesn't adhere to itself incredibly well (though still competently). 5cm or more is best.

All in all, a simple application of a 5cm or 7.5cm strip to clean skin left to sit for a few minutes is most effective in my experience.
Ano

Post by Ano »

It's 5 CM, i'll try it again.
Question, should i use 1 line of it, or better to use one in midle, the two to cross it.
And so if it's just one, should i wrap around my head, or leave it only on front?
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

I just used one piece in front. If i let it stay there for 30 minutes or so before fighting it, it wasnt coming off, even if i used my tongue. I am using the 3" version of it though.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Ano

Post by Ano »

7,5 CM then if i am correct, i'll try to look for one.
Imaginary_Girl

Post by Imaginary_Girl »

Wow this stuff is ridiculous! Had read this thread and I spied some Transpore while I was at the pharmacy today(2 inch wide version). Bought it and totally couldn't stop myself from putting it on my mouth for the ride home :D Covered my mouth with a strip of it and then drove about 40 minutes home. Attempted to remove it without using my hands and it was difficult... but doable. Not with just my mouth, but jaw power overcame. Damn! I thought.

But I had an idea. I wasn't clean shaven. I thought it might stick better if I was. So since I've gotten home and shaved I decided to try again just now with a nice clean face to work with. Put some on there and let it chill out for about half an hour. Put it like this... my face hurts from trying to escape it constantly for about 5 minutes with my jaw. I was never successful! Had to use my hands. Excellent stuff!

It's especially awesome since I have a major thing for being gagged and I'm about to go through a series of dental visits to correct some dental problems that I've had for a LONG time. Wearings gags once that starts is kinda not gonna be a good idea as it will majorly irritate my teeth and make things hurt :( (not forever but for about the next 6 months) But this stuff... this is the solution! :gag:
Imaginary_Girl

Post by Imaginary_Girl »

Decided to do a long(super long lol) test of this stuff and see how it did. I put a piece over my mouth before I went to bed. Surprisingly I didn't have trouble falling asleep because of it. I awoke roughly 9 hours later to the feeling of "Why the hell can't I open my mouth?" and then slowly my brain turned on and I was like "Oh wow that tape is still doing pretty good, let's test it." I still had to use my hands after 9 hours! A super small place right around my lips had unstuck likely because of my mouth coming open and saliva pooling on it there. But the rest was still stuck ridiculously well and yeah I couldn't get it free without using my hands!

I am declaring this the most overpowered tape(for skin purposes) ever.
Tapeenthusiast

Post by Tapeenthusiast »

I'm glad to hear many of you have had success! It's a great gag when used correctly. It will stick for hours no problem, making it a gag you must respect, despite how minimal it may be.

I've found another tape that is even better. It's called Fixomull/Hypafix (depending on where you are). It's a fixation plaster that has a backing instead of being on a typical roll. This isn't strictly a tape, but in practice it looks like one.

It has an adhesive very similar in power to Transpore but slightly more aggressive. The other thing about it is that it conforms to your face much, much easier, more like a second skin meaning the strong adhesive really sticks. The adhesive also doesn't lose as much stickiness. When your mouth is taped and you manage to just pry your lips a little bit of room, as soon as you relax the tape settles against your lips and adheres to them again (granted they aren't totally covered in saliva), The sensation is really stifling and amazing. I have yet to leave this tape on very long, but in my experience it is insane and totally inescapable, even with using your tongue. A few minutes and it is as powerful as Transpore after a half hour. Transpore on steroids! The adhesive feels fairly safe to the skin despite how strong it is. Number one recommendation for easy, extremely powerful tape gagging.

Another variant of Fixomull/Hypafix is the transparent variety. This stuff is literally a film that has a backing on each side. One side for the adhesive and another to give the film a substrate or support for application. You pull the substrate off after you've stuck it in place. This stuff is super unique! The layer left is so thin it's barely visible, leaving edges so fine you have to scrape frantically to even produce an edge if it's been on for a minute or more. It will contour to literally every part of your skin. The seal over your mouth is completely air tight, it's insane. The one caveat is the film between your lips isn't very strong, so you will be able to stretch your mouth open with a bit of work (it doesn't give right away, you must fight to make it stretch). When it does give it gives like a thin balloon sealed over your lips. Putting another small piece to reinforce it completely solves this problem. This film has a different adhesive, one that is harsh to the skin in a way that is hard to describe. Removing it is like removing a thin film of glue. I haven't left this on long but tongue work can be effective. This tape could be used as a substrate for ANY other tape to give an aesthetic. It's essentially a super thin second layer of skin that is waterproof. Putting another tape on top will reinforce it and the film later adheres to other tapes like steel.
tkv

Post by tkv »

I have tried both Durapore and Micropore, and in my experience the adhesive isn't that strong. Micropore is too weak for gags anyway, I can tear it just by opening my mouth. Durapore has a strong cloth backing, but the adhesive just doesn't hold. If I keep trying to pull my mouth open while wiggling my lips, the adhesive will let go starting from the inner edge. With a cloth stuffed in my mouth it's still a working gag but I expected better. I'm not sure if my tape roll is just old or if I should wait longer for it to set? Also should I try Transpore, or is the adhesive the same?

However what does work for me is Leukoplast, which I spotted at the local pharmacy. The clerk said that this isn't really meant to be used on skin because the adhesive is so strong, so I just had to get a roll 'just in case'. It's similar to those old fashioned band-aids that you had to cut from a long roll. And the adhesive sticks to the tape itself really well too, so multiple layers get quite strong. With cloth stuffing, I can blow on the gag all day and it doesn't come loose.