Medical Tape Gags

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Tapeenthusiast

Medical Tape Gags

Post by Tapeenthusiast »

I've noticed very few people have dabbled with medical tapes for gagging outside of microfoam. While good, microfoam doesn't have the best adhesive and is a little too stretchy.

A few other much less common tapes I've tried are Transpore, Micropore, Durapore and a cloth adhesive by the same brand (3M).

By far my favourite is the transparent version of Transpore (2inch). This tape is really awesome. It's a clear slightly flexible plastic tape with extremely tiny holes in it. What I find so awesome about this tape is the adhesive, because it's progressive more so than most tapes and designed for human skin. When you first apply it it's decently strong, but after a few minutes the adhesive forms this tacky gum layer that strings as you remove it. Left on for 15 minutes or more and that gummy layer hardens and makes cracking noises as you remove it. Kinda hardens like glue.

The downsides are it can leave your face tacky, like there's glue on it, and it can hurt somewhat to remove. Upside is it's a clear adhesive so you can't see it left over and it doesn't cause allergic irritation. The little pores help the skin breath and also prevent you from puffing your cheeks to use air pressure to dislodge it, but the air movement is very minimal.

I love this tape because it's a real tape gag. Used on clean skin, a simple movie style rectangle over the mouth is sufficient to seal your mouth as long as you wait a couple minutes before trying to fight the tape. The tongue doesn't work to dislodge it (that tacky gum layer is too strong) and water and sweat do very little having tested it.

When used properly you gotta respect this tape as it will seal your mouth and prevent breathing. This is especially for the women out there due to your drier skin. The adhesive is gonna be stronger for you.

Anyway the combination of how effective as well as transparent it is makes it an amazing tape gag.
TNTBound

Re: Medical Tape Gags

Post by TNTBound »

I just ordered some in the 3" width to try. How long does it need to be on before it has the best chance of staying on? Would you say it holds better than duct tape? Duct tape never seems to stay on very long for me.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Tapeenthusiast

Post by Tapeenthusiast »

TNTBound wrote:I just ordered some in the 3" width to try. How long does it need to be on before it has the best chance of staying on? Would you say it holds better than duct tape? Duct tape never seems to stay on very long for me.
Used on clean skin this sticks much, much better than duct tape. It's an entirely different adhesive in every way. The adhesive side in the light looks like a shimmery film. In fact every tape I mentioned is superior to duct tape. They all have a similar adhesive, but definitely differ.

Duct tape is rather horrible compared to this tape. Not really comparable.

Ok so I just tried again. After showering I applied a single rectangle over my pursed lips and immediately struggled to work them apart. No chance without my tongue.

Next strip was 1 minute. Massive improvement in the adhesion and my tongue had to work to open up the tape around my mouth.

Final strip was 10 minutes. It took all my tongue strength for over a minute to break the tape, with the first 30 seconds making almost no progress on the tape immediately on my lips, but I eventually got up to my nose. The tape set enough that it began cracking on removal but it still sets a decent bit more than this. Reapplying like this also strengthens it but it gets tacky.

It really all depends on who you are. Using it on a female friend even just the first minute or two is enough for her to be unable to break the seal on her lips so your mileage may vary, but regardless it's effective for everyone.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

I have to say, this tape is the most effective gag tape i have ever tried! I left it on for about 15 minutes before trying to separate my lips. no matter how hard i tried, i could not separate them! My jaw muscles actually got too tired to fight the tape after a while. I HIGHLY recomend that everyone try this tape! I got 4 - 3" wide by 10yd long rolls for only $15, which will last me for years. :mrgreen: :gag:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Tapeenthusiast

Post by Tapeenthusiast »

TNTBound wrote:I have to say, this tape is the most effective gag tape i have ever tried! I left it on for about 15 minutes before trying to separate my lips. no matter how hard i tried, i could not separate them! My jaw muscles actually got too tired to fight the tape after a while. I HIGHLY recomend that everyone try this tape! I got 4 - 3" wide by 10yd long rolls for only $15, which will last me for years. :mrgreen: :gag:
I'm glad you like it! For most people it'll work better than any tape gag they've ever experienced as soon applied, but it's exciting to know every moment that goes the chance of separating your lips drops to zero. I find even the 2 inch complete overkill, and enjoy the movie style rectangle.

Particularly sexy too because when relaxed you don't look inescapably gagged. Scary to say but it'd be good for kidnapping :P
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

I just spent the last 2-1/2 hours tied up with this tape on my lips, and even fighting it the entire time, i could not separate my lips! No other tape i have tried has come close to the holding strength of the transpore tape! Thank you for recomending this tape.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Medical tape is very effective, and medical people absolutely LOVE to use it to stick their probes and IVs and anything else they can think of onto your body. And if they think it doesn't stick enough, they'll use even more of it.

Every hospital stay I've had so far has been abundantly decorated with medical tape. Depending on where they put it, it's when they take it off that makes the whole experience worthwhile. I'm glad I'm not as hairy as you guys.

And I'm convinced that all hospital staff are all into BDSM.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lj

Post by lj »

bound_jenny wrote:Medical tape is very effective, and medical people absolutely LOVE to use it to stick their probes and IVs and anything else they can think of onto your body. And if they think it doesn't stick enough, they'll use even more of it.

Every hospital stay I've had so far has been abundantly decorated with medical tape. Depending on where they put it, it's when they take it off that makes the whole experience worthwhile. I'm glad I'm not as hairy as you guys.

And I'm convinced that all hospital staff are all into BDSM.

Jenny.
and I've just had the interesting experience of angioplasty. The Doc tried 19 times to find a convenient artery in my wrist. I know this because I counted the punctures.
I'm not a fan of needle play...

and I had dozens of ECG patches stuck all over my body, I found a couple two days later!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks to Tapeenthusiast, I have been experimenting with this tape to prevent pull out from a chastity tube. Early indications are that it is brilliant. After 16 hours in the belt there was absolutely no sign of it giving way. I'm quite sure it would last a lot longer. If I can just learn to sleep a bit more soundly in the belt, I'll be able to find out. I have a full belt with a solid tube, open at the end. I made a little hook with an oval ring on the other end. this is fastened to the underside of my penis near the tip. I use about 3 inches of the 12.5 mm tape. I pass that through the ring and position the ring in the centre, then secure it by sticking the tape to each side of my penis. Once in the tube, I pull the hook through and hook it to the end of the tube. Once the tube is fitted to the belt, I cannot remove it. The tape is well up inside the tube, so I can't get at that either.

Thanks again Tapeenthusiast. You may have solved a long standing problem for me. I'll update when I have tried it some more.
Marissa

Post by Marissa »

How will this fare if makeup is worn?
Ano

Post by Ano »

Hello,

The topic raised my interest as well :)
Looks like it's not that popular in europe.
On Ebay all of it is from US for a crazy prise or from the east.
Amazon looks better, i just like to be sure if i'm looking on the right one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transpore-Surgi ... +Transpore

If this is the one i'm buying it straigh away! :)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Ano wrote:Hello,

The topic raised my interest as well :)
Looks like it's not that popular in europe.
On Ebay all of it is from US for a crazy prise or from the east.
Amazon looks better, i just like to be sure if i'm looking on the right one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transpore-Surgi ... +Transpore

If this is the one i'm buying it straigh away! :)
I got mine from Ebay UK.

The seller's name was On Line UK Supplies. I think it was this one -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Transpore- ... kSQKexx1gQ

You can get the wider one from the same seller.

It did another 16 hours yesterday and I'm locked up right now :) .
Ano

Post by Ano »

Thanks for the link. Now it looks better, but they don't have wider atm. I'll check around this way again.
Thanks again.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Sorry, my fault. I was thinking you wanted the 2.5 cm tape but, of course, you want the 5 cm.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Ordered this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transpore-Surgi ... ge_o00_s00

I hope it's the same :)