Medical Tape Gags

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Ano

Re: Medical Tape Gags

Post by Ano »

tkv wrote:I have tried both Durapore and Micropore, and in my experience the adhesive isn't that strong. Micropore is too weak for gags anyway, I can tear it just by opening my mouth. Durapore has a strong cloth backing, but the adhesive just doesn't hold. If I keep trying to pull my mouth open while wiggling my lips, the adhesive will let go starting from the inner edge. With a cloth stuffed in my mouth it's still a working gag but I expected better. I'm not sure if my tape roll is just old or if I should wait longer for it to set? Also should I try Transpore, or is the adhesive the same?

However what does work for me is Leukoplast, which I spotted at the local pharmacy. The clerk said that this isn't really meant to be used on skin because the adhesive is so strong, so I just had to get a roll 'just in case'. It's similar to those old fashioned band-aids that you had to cut from a long roll. And the adhesive sticks to the tape itself really well too, so multiple layers get quite strong. With cloth stuffing, I can blow on the gag all day and it doesn't come loose.

Leukoplast sounds good. So you put some clothing inside then this tape.
Are you putting more layers on eachother one by one. Or going around your head with the whole roll?
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

Tapeenthusiast wrote:I'm glad to hear many of you have had success! It's a great gag when used correctly. It will stick for hours no problem, making it a gag you must respect, despite how minimal it may be.

I've found another tape that is even better. It's called Fixomull/Hypafix (depending on where you are). It's a fixation plaster that has a backing instead of being on a typical roll. This isn't strictly a tape, but in practice it looks like one.

It has an adhesive very similar in power to Transpore but slightly more aggressive. The other thing about it is that it conforms to your face much, much easier, more like a second skin meaning the strong adhesive really sticks. The adhesive also doesn't lose as much stickiness. When your mouth is taped and you manage to just pry your lips a little bit of room, as soon as you relax the tape settles against your lips and adheres to them again (granted they aren't totally covered in saliva), The sensation is really stifling and amazing. I have yet to leave this tape on very long, but in my experience it is insane and totally inescapable, even with using your tongue. A few minutes and it is as powerful as Transpore after a half hour. Transpore on steroids! The adhesive feels fairly safe to the skin despite how strong it is. Number one recommendation for easy, extremely powerful tape gagging.

Another variant of Fixomull/Hypafix is the transparent variety. This stuff is literally a film that has a backing on each side. One side for the adhesive and another to give the film a substrate or support for application. You pull the substrate off after you've stuck it in place. This stuff is super unique! The layer left is so thin it's barely visible, leaving edges so fine you have to scrape frantically to even produce an edge if it's been on for a minute or more. It will contour to literally every part of your skin. The seal over your mouth is completely air tight, it's insane. The one caveat is the film between your lips isn't very strong, so you will be able to stretch your mouth open with a bit of work (it doesn't give right away, you must fight to make it stretch). When it does give it gives like a thin balloon sealed over your lips. Putting another small piece to reinforce it completely solves this problem. This film has a different adhesive, one that is harsh to the skin in a way that is hard to describe. Removing it is like removing a thin film of glue. I haven't left this on long but tongue work can be effective. This tape could be used as a substrate for ANY other tape to give an aesthetic. It's essentially a super thin second layer of skin that is waterproof. Putting another tape on top will reinforce it and the film later adheres to other tapes like steel.

i just ordered a roll hypafix and fixomull transparent, both of them 2" x 10yd. i wanted to see how they compare to the transpore that i already have.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

just got the two different tapes in the mail today and tried them out.

hypafix has is a very breathable fabric style tape, and even with it over the mouth and nose, its still possible to breath through it, although a fair bit restricted. it also has alot of stretch, and no amount of trying to open my mouth was going to get it off. oh, and using your tongue to try and remove it is futile. it will just let the saliva right through and wont really spread to the edges.

the fixomull transparent is about like a super thin, super stretchy membrane thats completely air and water tight. its VERY sticky and even allows you to open your mouth a fair bit after a while, but the glue will hold strong to your face. if your trying to remove it, you had better not have trimmed your nails all the way back before hand! its so thin that it takes a nail to start peeling it up. you have to just about dig at your face to get it started!

both of these are very good for a gag, and both leave less residue than transpore tape, so thats a huge plus! i feel like the hypafix is a pretty safe gag to use, since you can breath through it, even if very restricted. its also much more comfortable that the transpore.

if i were to buy only one of the three again, it would hands down be the hypafix!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
tkv

Post by tkv »

Ano wrote: Leukoplast sounds good. So you put some clothing inside then this tape.
Are you putting more layers on eachother one by one. Or going around your head with the whole roll?
I just put pieces on top of each other. If I want to go around the whole head, I use a cheaper vinyl tape or similar, since the adhesive doesn't need to be that good.

I also ordered some Fixomull transparent to try out, sounds interesting.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

tkv wrote:
Ano wrote: Leukoplast sounds good. So you put some clothing inside then this tape.
I just put pieces on top of each other. If I want to go around the whole head, I use a cheaper vinyl tape or similar, since the adhesive doesn't need to be that good.

I also ordered some Fixomull transparent to try out, sounds interesting.

have you tried the fixomull transparent? im curious to hear your thoughts on it. i haven't tried doubling it up yet as was recommended, but might try that tonight.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

just tried doubling up the fixomull transparent. was bound for about 1.5 hours with it on, and right near the end, i was able to get a bit of it to unseal from my lips. still cant do that with the hypafix, but that doesnt seal air in either.
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

I ordered 3 tapes. Transpore, Durapore and Hypafix. The Transpore came in today and I couldn't wait to try it out.

So, with all tape gags, I shaved and washed my face. I wanted a clean, dry, smooth surface.

The Transpore I got was 3" wide. I tore off a 8" strip and applied to my face, making sure every part of it sealed my mouth shut.

I worked on my computer for 20 minutes or so before attempting to work this off.

I was very impressed. I tried opening my mouth, no luck. I tried puffing my cheeks, no luck. The air just went straight through.

After 5 minutes, I had made almost no progress. Only the tiniest bit of the tape around my lips had loosened and didn't serve as true progress.
After 10 minutes, I had made no additional progress.
After 15 minutes, I had loosened a bit more around my lips but it still wasn't really a starting point that made me feel like I was going to be able to dislodge it enough to make intelligible sounds.
I gave up after 20 minutes and decided this was going to satisfy my needs.

When I tie and gag myself, I don't actively try to remove the gag. Sweat and body heat eventually do that for me. Mind you with a ballgag and duct tape, working off some of the tape doesn't exactly gain me much. :)
With this stuff, I won't have to worry about it. It's not coming off. I'll still have to test this out in a "battle scenario" where I'm struggling and generating a lot of heat and sweat and see how it functions then.

I also think using this tape is a matter of less being more because multiple layers of it will block the tiny air holes and may allow you to puff your cheeks to get it off.

I'll post more when I get the other tapes in as well as when I battle-test these.