Tips for hiding a key outdoors

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
KinkInSpace

Tips for hiding a key outdoors

Post by KinkInSpace »

Hey there,

I'm thinking of doing one or more sessions that will require me to go outside to get to a key which is required in order to free myself.

Now, the problem is, I can't think of a good way or method to hide the key.

I prefer not to have to bring a shovel with me, even if its a small one, nor do I like to dig with my bare hands.

So I do want to hide the key, but I want to prevent others from taking that key if they accidentally find it and think: hey, lets be a nice person and bring the key to lost and found.

It would suck if I am trapped in a predicament and cannot find the key anymore. Yes, I know, I can hide a spare key somewhere as a backup contingency plan, but that would be a failed session. I want to hide the key and maybe 2 months later do that session.

When retrieving the key, I prefer to leave the key there so I can do it in more sessions. So that key would likely open a padlock I carry with me which will give me access to another key or something similar.

I prefer the forest to hide the key, but any suggestions you can give me I will take into consideration. If it requires an item, let me know.

Also, I prefer not to use a chain unless the chain itself can be made almost invisible. A chain around a tree with a key attached to it is something others will see, report to nature overseers, and they will remove the key. Maybe not at first, but eventually it will be found and removed.

I do not actually mind using a shovel (small one) to plant the key, as long as retrieving the key does not require it.

Thanks for your time, and keep the suggestions coming. If you do give me a suggestion, please elaborate. Saying: hide the key under a rock is not sufficient for me. I want to know how you would see it. Which things do I have to do, eg. lift the rock, dig under it, stuff like that.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Nettles

Re: Tips for hiding a key outdoors

Post by Nettles »

Go on to Amazon or Ebay and search for 'Geocaching Containers'. These containers are used to house items for years at a time, various camoflage for various areas. You need to check on them though, mice tend to take a liking to them and either chew them up or run off with them it they are light weight. Fake stones are good. In a forest I would find a tree with a hollow away from paths and hide there, the chance of a key being found is tiny.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I wouldn't do a scene without ensuring that everything was in place at the last reasonable moment - leaving a key in public for a long time seems to me to be adding variables that you just don't need. Even if I placed (or checked) the key, I'd still want a Plan B (possibly another hidden key a bit further away).

I've used realtor's lock boxes - these are cheap on AliExpress (less so at your local hardware, but still not expensive). You want to lock it to something and hide it - chain around a tree or fence post in long grass for example, or buy one that can be screwed to something like the back of a fencepost out of sight.

The combination on the lock box will mean that even if someone does find it, they'll be discouraged from opening it. It's not a guarantee - those boxes tend to be fairly straightforward to pick, so there's always the risk that some comedian will remove it or its contents, or change the combination to something else... (To illustrate, I'll admit to being shit-headed enough at high school to think it funny to pick two identical bicycle locks and swap them, leaving both owners wondering why their combinations didn't work.) That's why you want the window for that to happen to be as short as possible, especially if the key box is in a public place, and you want hiding it well to be the primary defence against loss.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Thanks for the tips, both of you.

The geocaching options are pretty neat actually. Gives me some options.

Are there objects like these that have a lock, or can be lockable?

And yes, I will work with a backup key. Its just that usually these sessions are spontaneous, so I want to be able to lock myself in and then think: fuck... now I have to actually do it. If I am like: I am horny, I'm going to prepare a session so I can do it next week, that just doesn't work for me. That's why I want to plan this out and make it a long-term solution. I mean, I could put something in my car, but that's just not the kind of solution I want. I want to have to go far before reaching the key, so the duration of that is going to be a factor. For example, if I put an estim buttplug in, and access to the controls is offlimits until I get that key, I do not want to just go to my car to get it. I want to be forced to actually go there, no matter what, unless I need to resort to my backup key, which could be somewhere easier to reach, but with a consequence. I have a safe for those kinds of keys that require me to break a seal. I can place the backup key there.

Okay, so a geocaching object could work. Now comes the question, what would be the best kind of location to hide something? I mean, if I take a rock, and I go to the forest, then it would be the only rock near trees, which may be picked up by children. If I take the pineapple kind, then its literally between millions, and forest maintenance may accidentally pick it up. Basically it should be hidden in plain sight, but also not be something people want to grab.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I've ordered a geocaching stone. I know a place in the forest where people will not go often because its a weird path to go to. If I place the stone there a bit off track, I'm pretty sure it will remain there for years.

I will see if I can somehow make sure the key remains in the stone, and label it Geocaching so anyone who for odd reasons find the stone, will likely place it back. I will include some fake instructions like: use the key to open the padlock you found in step 5. Please leave the key and stone here for the other contestants.

One downside is that, because I use this spot, it is a more private spot, which makes the session less fearful. But it could also mean that I may do a session where I have to go naked before I can use the key, which is something I would definitely not do anywhere else.

And I can also make sure going there is going to be a long walk, so the joy of the predicament can be even greater. (it will be quite a long walk actually.)
Nettles

Post by Nettles »

Good luck with your scenario.
Don't forget weeds and dead leaves can cover it, so you may need to place it near a distinctive tree.
I really would recommend a back up, a second key which would be a nightmare to get hold of just in case.
You maybe interested in reading a couple of stories I've written recently in the fiction section which resemble your scenario, 'Walking Nightmare' and 'Out in the Streets'. You never know the 'Walking Nightmare' theme may give you something to put in your scenario in the future.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

A backup key is not a problem and definitely will be used. I have a storage container in my house that holds backup keys. If I need to go there, I have to cut a seal, and by principle I will simply not do that. It is really only used in emergencies. I have to cut a seal that I have to replace which costs money (although very little) and although the effort is not much, I am the person that if I commit myself to a session, I will not use the backup in case I chicken out. I will only use the backup in case I am in an emergency. If I do chicken out and need to use the key, punishment is the result. I have made a list of punishments that are sexually driven, but aren't fun at all. I really do not want to have these punishments, so I will refrain from using the backup. Emergency situations are excluded, but then there must be a really good reason why I can't use the key.

One would be: the old key is simply missing. In that case the session becomes twice as long as I go home in predicament to the backup key.

Another would be an actual medical reason. I'll see if I can create another backup key that requires some work to get to, but can be carried with me. That can be used for the first session, but will be omitted for later sessions. For example, lets say that I lock estim on me and for some reason, the estim becomes so unbearable I need to abort, then that can be done. I do plan to do an estim session like this without being locked away though. You know, be safe, test every single detail before making it an inescapable session.
AssTechWarrior

Post by AssTechWarrior »

One method I have used although it was in a more urban area, is to tie a length of package string to each of the keys and a bit of branch or something else to the other end to make it a bit easier to find. Nothing flashy, just something to find in the dark.

I then drove around and stashed the keys in hedges and over fences and other locations so that I would have to walk the entire distance to gather every key.

You can toss the key up onto a branch so the string is near mouth height if you bind your hands so they can't reach it.
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

Easter eggs. Take a key, wrap it in tissue and place inside egg. Take similar wads of tissue w/o keys and place in other eggs. If you can't find eggs of all the same colour, close your eyes when you do this. You can use other small containers like plastic coin tubes or film tubes.

You don't have to leave these out for extended lengths of time. Just go out, place all of them then start your session. This gives you a variable length session but not knowing is half the fun right?

If you want to make this really truly miserable, instead of eggs, use a bunch of small lockboxes. Each one is locked with a small padlock (all keyed the same). The key for these locks is secured back at homebase. You'll have to bring each lockbox there to try to open them. Each lockbox will have a key but only 1 is the real key to free you. (You could avoid all the extra keys by taping the real key to the inside of the lockbox so you won't be able to tell which has a key and which doesn't). How you're bound and the size of the lockboxes will determine how many you can carry at a time but ideally it would be 1 or 2 for maximum frustration.

You can do multiple layers of inception to increase the difficulty as you see fit. (Lockbox reveals a key which is for other stationary lockbox(es) in other locations etc)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

You might be able to avoid the need to hide a key altogether if you can can think of a way of deriving a safe combination from something already at the place you want to be made to visit. Some scenario like this – http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 245#p82245. I’m not sure about the Netherlands, but in UK some of the phone poles have “DP” numbers. I think this stands for distribution point. They are 2 or 3 digit, so you will need to visit several of them to get a long enough combination. I think this number is replaced if the pole is renewed. Even so, I will repeat my warning that you will be stuck until your backstop timer has expired if the numbers have been changed or removed.

You can use the same locations more than once so long as you can’t remember the combination. If you can, you can always match the locations with the numbers again and select a new combination of locations.

If you can't think of anything suitable in the forest, perhaps you could plan a route that takes you through the forest.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Well, I have an area that is very private in the forest. I've already been completely naked there a few times and I'm not too scared for visitors there, other than insects that actually live there.

I got myself that stone that I can hide a key in now which is really all I need at this point. I haven't hidden the stone and key there yet, because I ordered a combination lock with long handle that I wanted to use to secure the key into the stone, just in case someone would find it and take the key with them. This would not make a difference but would make sane people give the idea that it was part of a geo cache and leave it there. The stone will have a label that will say: "geocache, please use key then place back as you found it", indicating that they should not take it with them. I'm sure I will be able to find it after a few years without problems.

My main idea here is that I will drive to a carpark that is 30 minutes away, lock the final lock and at that point I will be forced to walk to that place or go home where I have the spare key.

I have an estim unit that is very portable now that has a timer of 60 minutes. I will put it on before I lock it away, which means that I have to get the key in order to stop the estim. The estim will not be too much to handle, but it will make the walk more interesting. I may even consider to put it on my penis which could mean that I can have an orgasm on the way, but this estim unit doesn't really have a program that can cause for an orgasm unless I am already close to one anyway.

But that in my ass is going to be great. :) Especially given that the estim unit has plenty of actual bdsm programs, where the estim can be painful if I want and I really have to endure it.

I tested this by putting it on my nipples and then playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. Suffice to say, I crashed my truck in such way that it tipped over because it was enough to not be able to focus on anything else... :D