Buttplug challange question

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
just4spanking

Buttplug challange question

Post by just4spanking »

Hello ! I am new to the whole idea of bondage and i have a question that for others may seem obvious.
I tried anal a couple of times but never tried a buttplug , and i wanted to do the buttplug challange.
Is the buttplug supposed to keep your anus spread or just stay inside your rectum and the anus relaxed.
Thanks in anticipation.
BornThisWay

Re: Buttplug challange question

Post by BornThisWay »

Welcome to the forum, I'm not really a but plug expert. they never really stay in for me...
some of the more (butt plug) oriented experts please correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea of a but plug is it should stay in. the shape makes it pull in when you clinch and it should simply stay it when you relax, but there is always a feeling of a slight stretch. it can greatly enhance sex if your are a male. I think because it might push on the prostrate or that the sphincter clenches when males climax. Not sure what exactly it does for women.
But anyway, welcome to the forum.
lj

Post by lj »

I'm also no expert ! but the design of most is a narrow section intended to be held by the sphincter, with a larger section inside, and some form of expanded part/handle outside, to save the embarrassment of having to get medical help to extract it when it disappears inside :rofl:

So it should stay in place without any deliberate help from the user.

Some versions are clearly intended to stretch the sphincter, but will still have a shape that keeps it in place. Bear in mind that the sphincter muscle is the only thing stopping you having faecal incontinence, so excessive or prolonged stretching may cause a problem you probably don't want !
be a switch, double the fun :-)
teather

Post by teather »

lj wrote:I'm also no expert ! but the design of most is a narrow section intended to be held by the sphincter, with a larger section inside, and some form of expanded part/handle outside, to save the embarrassment of having to get medical help

Bear in mind that the sphincter muscle is the only thing stopping you having faecal incontinence, so excessive or prolonged stretching may cause a problem you probably don't want !
+1
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Not sure if I can be called an expert or not, but I have plenty of experience.

First off, keep in mind that there is a difference between a dildo and butt plug. A dildo does not have a narrow section near the end and usually has the shape of a penis, whereas a butt plug is intended to be inserted about 90% to 95% until the very last part is still outside and the rest is inside. At this point, the anus should feel relaxed. If you have large butt plugs and you haven't stretched enough, some suggest to put the butt plug in as far as you can without it causing pain, then use all your strength to clench on it while holding it firm. If you keep this up for 20 to 30 seconds, at some point your muscles inside your anus no longer can keep the force up and your muscles relax, making it easier to push the plug inside you.

That said, it can happen or perhaps I should say, it will likely happen, that air gets trapped behind the plug inside your anus when inserting the plug. This is especially true when the plug is bigger and you are not that stretched. It can produce an uncomfortable feeling and it may create pressure that causes the plug to be expelled. If this is the case, one of the ways to get this sorted out, is by simply taking the plug out and as the air rushes out, as soon as it is, put the plug back in. You may need to do this a few times .

Another way is to use your hand to keep the plug in its place, maybe try to push it aside a bit and then use your own force to fart as hard as you can, pushing the air past the plug and your anus. Once the air is gone, the plug should feel nice and comfortable. If not, it may just be that your body doesn't like the shape of the plug, and a different plug is needed.

Btw, I actually posted 2 butt plug challenges. One uses a dice system to select a butt plug and a duration while the other makes you go from small to large for as long as you can, where each time you need to poop or otherwise taking out the plug, you are required to insert a larger plug than the previous one. It may help knowing which of the two (if not both) you'd like to do, though I guess that for this question it doesn't really matter.

Also, lastly, there are very small plugs with 2cm as biggest diameter. They may simply be too small to be used as they either get easily sucked in (bad) or be expelled (not handy) too easily.

Anyway, I hope this info helps.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
CDTammy

Post by CDTammy »

Lesson that I learned with buttplugs, if it hurts going in, it is going to hurt coming out. Whereas that is not the case with a vibrator or dildo.
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

I also have a fair bit of experience in the area and thought I'd add my two cents.
To answer your initial question: most butt plugs are going to give you a full feeling sensation inside of you, without much stretching of the sphincter once the plug is inserted. For example, my plug I wear most often is about 1.5in across at the widest point, but the neck that actually sits at the sphincter is probably only .75in across or less (Tantus Ryder plug, I'd highly suggest it if you are looking for a nice comfortable plug).
If you are new to plugs you will probably want to experiment with material to see what your body prefers. You have soft plugs made of silicon and rubber, or hard plugs made of glass, steel, etc. My suggestion is even as a beginner save a bit of money for a higher quality product. Many cheap plugs are either soft materials with bad chemicals that will leech, or for metal toys are low quality metal plated with something that can chip/wear off.