Lock for Stocks

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Sir Cumference

Re: Lock for Stocks

Post by Sir Cumference »

BornThisWay wrote:Love the idea of the curve you added CaptainJoe, Here is an improvement. Instead of a curve, a straight cut. And a small wheel that will hit it just right.
And the addition of a pull ring for your Ice Release.
The attachment stocklock.jpg is no longer available
Of course you and DarkRope's idea of having the release at the hinge is just as good.
More than one way to skin a cat.
Maybe you could have two releases, one for each side of the stocks.
I like the idea.
The dropping weight is good.
To cut down on the metalwork, it could be done with a latch made from a springy piece of wood (or a flat spring) and a triangular bit of wood.
image.jpg
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

Sir Cumference wrote:To cut down on the metalwork, it could be done with a latch made from a springy piece of wood (or a flat spring) and a triangular bit of wood.
Nice, that would cut down on the cost as well.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

2 problems I can see with the last one...
1) weight too light, does not pull latch open...
2) weight too heavy, breaks string when it falls

Mag-lock seems to be the best bet.
Most of the replies here is for the standing stocks, and the releases would not work for portable, walkable stocks.
So... Combine the two...
the standing stocks have a removable top, a fixed release to remove the stocks from the stand.
Ice lock pin would work.
Now, you are free of the stand, but not free of the stocks...
On the wall, is the release device, picture something like a bottle opener...
You hook the catch on the device, and pull the catch open and you are free...
Or, to add some fun, mount the release hook on a rotating wheel. Slow turning, about 1 turn per 15 minutes.
BUT, there is only about a 2 minute window that will allow you to open the stocks.
Or a slotted wheel that will open to hook, but only at a selected time.
Catch it at the right time, or wait... Have fun, place several around the house. If you miss one, do you wait for it,
or try to catch another and chance missing it too?
And for emergency release, it is outside and always ready, but do you risk the exposure???
It could be fun if mother nature calls, and you need to catch the right wheel to get free before it is too late.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

Mobile mag locks create a whole new level of complexity.

And if you use the ice on the hinge or hasp, then you can simply get in the shower and let warm water melt the ice.
Ano wrote:Thank you for the quick response from all of you.
Captain, from my description it's a good choice to go for the C (Standing Stocks), but for real I'm thinking on the B (Non mounted Stocks) because there's no way I could hide the C (Standing Stocks).
More of a paraphrase, Ano.

Would a set of standing or mounted stocks that you could disassemble to hide be more appropriate?
From your original post I assume you don't want something that can be gotten out of too easily.
Ano

Post by Ano »

BornThisWay wrote:Mobile mag locks create a whole new level of complexity.

And if you use the ice on the hinge or hasp, then you can simply get in the shower and let warm water melt the ice.
Ano wrote:Thank you for the quick response from all of you.
Captain, from my description it's a good choice to go for the C (Standing Stocks), but for real I'm thinking on the B (Non mounted Stocks) because there's no way I could hide the C (Standing Stocks).
More of a paraphrase, Ano.

Would a set of standing or mounted stocks that you could disassemble to hide be more appropriate?
From your original post I assume you don't want something that can be gotten out of too easily.

It would be nice, but here in London we always have a little problem with space, even though we rent a good sized flat. No one can know about it. So it has to be done in one room. I doubt that i could hide so many parts.
Let me build the main part first.
Then we will see.
If the lock will be ice. Then i can just use leg cuffs to keep me on one place. So i can't cheat with hot water.

Btw i still didn't got the idea with the tube for the lock in 100%
I would need to know which type of hinges and connectors to buy. As every idea requires a different set.
teather

Post by teather »

Some hints on stocks lock / ice release here, http://www.selfbound.net/andreabound/andrea_t2.html, although probably only useful for standing stocks.
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

Found some interesting stuff:
Audrey_CD wrote:I would use a magnetic lock located between the head and wrist holes. Some form of timer and power supply and it sorted.
Dark_Lizerd wrote:Mag-lock seems to be the best bet.
At this website you can see mag lock stocks: http://www.likera.com/blog/wp/electroma ... -eric-oops
Dom-Side-1-480x314_jpg_pagespeed_ce_08Hqe_HtIS.jpg
teather wrote:Some hints on stocks lock / ice release here, http://www.selfbound.net/andreabound/andrea_t2.html, although probably only useful for standing stocks.
Also, teather,here is an example of your post from an old Bound Anna thread (2006)
IMG_0034-1.jpg
To see this thread, go to http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =279#p1680

It's amazing the treasure on boundanna if you dig back far enough.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Just started to imagine how awesome it would be to be stuck in a standing stationary stocks, with legcuffs on to prevent me from getting in to a position where i could try to push it.
It sounds very nice. I'll try it one day.
Being like this for a night with blind fold, and ball gag on sounds amazing for me.
Well this time I'll go for one mobile stocks but now at least i have one more thing to look/work forward to.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I love the idea of pillories, stocks an fiddles, but I wonder what damage would be done to the neck of someone in a pillory if they passed out, or in a fiddle and they fell over.

As for designing a lock, here's an outline of my suggestion. I know you will all say “too complicated”, but I've already drawn the diagram so there's nothing lost by posting it. It might give someone an idea. It is both an emergency release and a lock. The emergency release is based on my suggestion at http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 9&start=60 so please read that first.

In this case the micro SD card (about 1/2 inch long ad 3/8 inch wide) is used as a latch. The top diagram shows a section through the locking device, which in built into one half of the fiddle. The bottom diagram shows the top. The fiddle is locked by moving the lever so as to engage the catch with a screw in the other half. You must arrange things so that you can both open and close the lock with your hands in the fiddle and the handle must be properly fixed. If it falls off you might be stuck! If you decide to make the fiddle to go round your neck, you would need an elastic loop so that you can close the fiddle around your neck then fasten it closed with the elastic. This should allow enough give to wriggle your hands in. With the relay energised, you then lock the fiddle with the lever, the SD card will be pushed down by the bevel on the latch and spring up behind it. You can still open the fiddle, but you will have to break the micro SD card, with the consequences discussed in the other post. When the relay is not energised, the SD card can drop and you can open the latch without breaking the card. Then you can put the card into your computer, recover the combination and open your safe.

The relay could be energised by a timer but, for a fiddle, it might be simpler to just have a battery built into the fiddle. The relay will open when the battery goes flat. You could use a rechargable of the right capacity to give you the maximum time you need. You need not have a fully charged battery for shorter times.

You could use an electromagnet and a piece of metal instead of the relay.
Attachments
Fig 1.jpg
Ano

Post by Ano »

At the moment i'am looking at this. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ivation-Bluetoo ... B00TRALIB4
It's easy to time my phone when to turn bluetooth on.
And so it can be a big help for other situations as well.
I could release a leather handcuffs, or o ne hand from the bed.
I think i'll get it in few months.
Any happy new year to all of you! :)
Ano

Post by Ano »

LIttle update i got the lock, just setting it up, and testing it.
Looks like, my idea with the timer on the phone works perfectly.
As we said earlier, we definetly want a backup next to it, but it works nicely.
SenaLove

Post by SenaLove »

will this work?
check picture
Attachments
tumblr_oak6vfLUBB1sfg7kvo1_540.jpg
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

theoretically,
but i wouldn't my life with it.

the top screw can easily jam if the stocks aren't
perfectly aligned horizontally.
and make sure you can't tip them over.

why not just use an icehook as lock ?
a mould could be 3d-printed.
[
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Almost...
Besides the possible alignment issue...
I see nothing to prevent the "T" from just falling over...
You will need a screw or peg under the larger weight side.
Also, don't use a screw and washer on the latch... A peg (headless screw) will work just as well.
And maybe a pair of guides on each side of the lower board to guide the top board into place.
And a few test run, with you out of it, to make sure nothing can jam...
And that the release works every time...
Just like sky diving... you only need one failure to mess up your day.

OK, the board at the end, stand maybe, extend that and use that for your guides...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

I have been thinking I might like to try to make a set of stocks and a pillory. For the lock though I think I would have it spring loaded always open, and use an ice lock with a weight to hold it closed. When picturing the locking mechanism I an thinking of something like a joist hangar on a pivot with a spring to hold it open and for it to lock it use a weight on an ice lock to hold it closed until the ice melts and the weight falls away and makes it spring open.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"