Where to get good, cheap bondage rope?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
TheWingmen

Where to get good, cheap bondage rope?

Post by TheWingmen »

Does anyone have a good source for high quality rope that isn't too expensive? I'm looking for a polypropylene (mfp) type rope. Something nice and soft (not really into the abrasive natural fibers like Jute etc.) Also it would be a massive plus if their shipping was fairly discreet, don't want to arouse suspicion amongst the roommates if I don't have to. Thanks in advance for replies! :hi:
Last edited by Sir Cumference on 02 Apr 2015, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Headline improvement
Qurat

Re: bondage rope

Post by Qurat »

Usually boat yards and shops have desent ropes. If one of those is nearby, go have a look.
Its 50% painless- it doesnt hurt me at all!
lj

Post by lj »

I bought most of our rope (soft polypropylene) from the local B&Q - in the UK they are a large supermarket for DIY, tools, paint and household stuff like that, including a whole aisle for bondage lovers, filled with rope, chain, locks, snap-links etc etc. - I'm sure something similar exists in the US !

and if you have a cashier who looks at the pile of rope in your basket and asks what it is for, do what a lady friend of mine did, and say "it's for tying men up", or as I did with a similar pile of chain, just grin and say" now wouldn't you like to know ?"

It's a sale, that's all that matters to the shop.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I bought all my rope (and a lot of my other bondage material) at the hardware store. I just go the the rack where their reels are hanging and feel them to select which I want (soft or rough). And like the birdie says, it's cheap-cheap-cheap! :mrgreen:

Since it's local, you don't have to worry about shipping or it arriving in a large box marked "Bondage Equipment For Pervert {Customer Name]". :P :P :P

In your situation, you only need to think about how to smuggle it in unnoticed. :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
boundsissy

Post by boundsissy »

If you do not want to go to the hardware store for your bondage gear :gag: , there is always Amazon. :hi:
LOVE TO ALL
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

Thanks for the responses. I do have quite a bit of rope from the local hardware store, but they don't seem to sell any really soft rope, the closest, softest, I can get there is some cheap nylon fiber rope that is useable but not truly soft. So I have no quarrel with going into the hardware store and buying copious amounts of rope. I have been fine with what I've been able to get my hands on for self bondage for a long time. The reason I'm looking into something nicer/softer is because my girlfriend has recently really started taking an interest in rope bondage specifically (I got her on board the bondage train with cuffs, collars, etc long ago), and it would be cool to have something really comfortable to have really long sessions of tying each other up.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Some nylon webbing is pretty soft and smooth to the feel. It is good to have a few lengths of that in the kit. I would not use it for suspensions though those knots just don't come undone. Other than that it is great for normal SB.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
Natale

Post by Natale »

I realize you're asking about soft rope, however there is an even softer alternative- torn bedsheet strips. They may not be a very popular restraint since they usually don't look neat & tidy, but for sheer comfort I'd rank them as the best, especially wide folded strips.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

artificial fibers allways carry the risk of burns (not ropeburn, but really burnt skin when applying with too much g-force)

softening natural (hemp/jute) fibers ain't rocket science.

japanese shibari-masters submerge their hemprope for 3 days in water, than travel into the woods and select a large stone on which to
soften it further by hitting the rope for hours on the stone until it is soft enuff.

no wonder there are japanese bondage models who claim some masters shibari works way better than a chiropracticer and is more fun to boot.

but you can also cook the rope to replicate the effect. though certain masters will beg to differ. it may feel the same, but the emotions are different.
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ponylady wrote:there are japanese bondage models who claim some masters shibari works way better than a chiropracticer and is more fun to boot.
Being tied up by a good Shibari master is way better than a chiropractor. It's even better than triple chocolate ice cream. :D

Come to think of it, there are lots of things that are better than a chiropractor.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cerenaselfbound

Post by cerenaselfbound »

I bought some 6mm rock climbing rope from eBay, the seller has different gauges colors and lengths. It's very strong comfortable and it stretches slightly so when tying yourself tight it's allows for struggling. Good for slip knotts as it cinches nicely but easy enough to quickly undo when needed.
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

ponylady wrote:artificial fibers allways carry the risk of burns (not ropeburn, but really burnt skin when applying with too much g-force)

softening natural (hemp/jute) fibers ain't rocket science.

japanese shibari-masters submerge their hemprope for 3 days in water, than travel into the woods and select a large stone on which to
soften it further by hitting the rope for hours on the stone until it is soft enuff.

no wonder there are japanese bondage models who claim some masters shibari works way better than a chiropracticer and is more fun to boot.

but you can also cook the rope to replicate the effect. though certain masters will beg to differ. it may feel the same, but the emotions are different.
How I wish I had the time and money for this :P but alas I am a busy, poor, student. If I took all the time required to prepare the rope I'd have no time to play :wink: Maybe in the future though!
davisev5225

Re: Where to get good, cheap bondage rope?

Post by davisev5225 »

Walmart sells a soft cotton rope meant for clotheslines. I got 100 feet of it for $6. ;)

It's basically THIS except on a plastic reel.
MSpike

Re: Where to get good, cheap bondage rope? - cloth strips

Post by MSpike »

If you don't want to tear up your bed sheets, go to a fabric store and get 4 to 6 yards of nice cloth, cut it in 4 to 6 inch wide strips. Satin is nice-looking but slippery, flannel is OK if you like the North Woods look, feel the material and pick what you like. Have scissors handy, just in case.
Shade999

Re: Where to get good, cheap bondage rope?

Post by Shade999 »

Not sure about softness, but cotton ropes are the preferred one I use. Had a nylon rope before but there are some knots that won't come undone and thats the last thing you want. Also look at different widths of rope for tying different areas. Most hardware stores will carry a variety of ropes to use.